PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More Seattle fans..or Pats fans at game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I never...never remember seeing this may seattle fans before. I mean i see wilson jerseys here in Worcester.... I wonder if they will have more fans AT the game

Likely. Seattle is a lot closer to Phoenix than New England.

After speaking with brokers, most of all secondary market is in favor of Seattle, there is so many brokers/Dealers in Mass buying tickets for fan in Seattle..... it's sad.

Likely. Seattle is a lot closer to Phoenix than New England.

Well when we played the Giants we were = Distance pretty much and they had lots more

Plus A LOT of Pats fans are in Cali

The Patriots' poorly skewed ticket distribution system is part of the problem. If they would at least *try* to get their "average Joe" season ticket holders the chance to get tickets at face value, more would make the trip. By eliminating them from the team's allocated tickets, they've forced them into the secondary market. $3-5K per ticket plus ~$1K each for flights plus another $300-700 for lodging plus car rental (~$200-300?) adds up to way more money (~$5.5K per person) than most of us can afford. Drop that $3K ticket price down to $800 and bring the total down to ~$2.3K person. Watch how many people would go.

Let's put it this way - if I could get a ticket for $800, I'd probably be there now and not sitting here listening to the wind howl outside my window that's almost completely blocked by a snow drift. :)

The Patriots' poorly skewed ticket distribution system is part of the problem. If they would at least *try* to get their "average Joe" season ticket holders the chance to get tickets at face value, more would make the trip. By eliminating them from the team's allocated tickets, they've forced them into the secondary market. $3-5K per ticket plus ~$1K each for flights plus another $300-700 for lodging plus car rental (~$200-300?) adds up to way more money (~$5.5K per person) than most of us can afford. Drop that $3K ticket price down to $800 and bring the total down to ~$2.3K person. Watch how many people would go.

Let's put it this way - if I could get a ticket for $800, I'd probably be there now and not sitting here listening to the wind howl outside my window that's almost completely blocked by a snow drift. :)

Oh i agree. If i could get in for $800..airfare ain't that bad..problem is finding place to stay...but i would be there if it was that cheap....but it will never be

Sat front row on the 50 in 2003 above Panthers sideline (ESPN connection) and that was pretty even, maybe more Pats fans. 2007 was obviously in the wake of anti-Pats sentiment, as was similar in 2011. 2004 is the one that compares the most though in my opinion.

I remember this great Bill Simmons article from 2004 where he said:
Even in defeat, the Philly fans remained the enduring story of the week. They started descending on the city of Jacksonville in the middle of the week, tens of thousands of them, few of them with tickets, all of them with green Philly jerseys and goofy mustaches. They kept multiplying and multiplying ... by Saturday, every other person in Jacksonville had a mustache. They weren't just enjoying themselves; they were living a dream. At the Maxim party on Saturday night, there were random Philly fans stumbling around in full Eagles gear, like they couldn't imagine heading out in public in anything else. Driving for coffee on Sunday, I passed at least 10 Eagles fans holding cardboard signs and begging for tickets, offering as much as five grand for a pair.

Meanwhile, the Patriots fans were nowhere to be seen; after two Super Bowls and the negative Jacksonville stories, most of them apparently decided, "Ah, screw it, I'm watching this one at home." We were decidedly outnumbered for the game -- both outside the stadium and inside the stadium -- by something like an 8-to-1 margin. And these Philly fans were loud. They kept chanting a hijacked version of the "J-E-T-S!" chant (substituting the letters "E-A-G-L-E-S!" in there), sang some fight songs, even engaged in some pointed trash-talking. Without the usual number of high rollers, and without the usual number of Patriots fans, it must have felt like a home game for them.

Expecting something similar here. We do our best work in enemy territory though so not really an issue. BB isn't an idiot like Fox and will have his team prepared for the first snap.

I think it will be similar to Seattle vs. Pittsburgh in the Superbowl in Detroit. Crowd heavily skewed to Seattle. East direct flight in less than 3 hours in a place where many northwesterners retire or vacation in winter. Plus Seattle fans aren't jaded...even the rich people who can afford tickets will be screaming their lungs out.

I think it will be similar to Seattle vs. Pittsburgh in the Superbowl in Detroit. Crowd heavily skewed to Seattle. East direct flight in less than 3 hours in a place where many northwesterners retire or vacation in winter. Plus Seattle fans aren't jaded...even the rich people who can afford tickets will be screaming their lungs out.
Plus, nobody who lives more than 200 miles from MA can stand the Patriots. ;-)

Plus, nobody who lives more than 200 miles from MA can stand the Patriots. ;-)

I was in Orlando last week and saw lots of locals with pats fans gear on...Cal has lots of fans..everywhere else..even CT which i don't consider NE hates the Pats (CT is divided)

keep in mind, this game is being played at the home of the Arizona Cardinals...division rivals of the seahawks. the seahawks players were booed at the pro-bowl.

won't be pretty regardless. Even at 50-50 distribution, inside that dome (even with the roof open), the 12th man will be repping. We'll have to rely on silent snap counts, signs, etc.

Let's see how it goes. Difficult to tell because Pats have been to a lot more Super Bowls and maybe they know the drill better (there is a thread on this elsewhere on this board) - wait until the day before or the day of the game to buy your ticket so you don't pay through the nose. Also, one of the reasons a lot of Pats fans supposedly did not go in 2004 was because many had sold the farm in either 2001 or 2003 (or both) to go and couldn't afford another trip, so maybe there will be fewer Seattle fans for this reason. All that being said, Seattle is a lot closer, did not suffer a huge blizzard this week, and is a division rivalry (so maybe fans are more familiar with the stadium in general), so maybe they will have more. All the more reason for those going to be really loud and proud!!

keep in mind, this game is being played at the home of the Arizona Cardinals...division rivals of the seahawks. the seahawks players were booed at the pro-bowl.

That's because a lot of local Cardinals fans were at the pro-bowl. Needless to say, they wouldn't give a rat's ass about showing up to this SB...

The Seahawks players are much more accustomed to playing there, that's for sure.

Neither. Herr Goodell ensures that most spectators are of the well-heeled here-to-be-seen variety.

Even if there are equal numbers of Pats and Seahawks fans the rest will boo us.

It's an away game on the heels of a huge controversy. Perfect situation.

With us being the country's and media's darlings and Seattle being closer, I'd guess it'll be 80-20 Seattle. Who gives a f###...

The only thing that'll keep this from being a virtual home game for Seattle is that most of the people who drop that kind of money on tickets don't cheer anyway. Pats fans will be severely outnumbered by Seahawks fans, though (whether actual Seahawks fans or "Seahawks for a day" fans).

Ross Tucker ‏@RossTuckerNFL 2m2 minutes ago
Brady sick + Seahawks fan noise could = Silent Count for Pats. Ask Broncos how that worked out.

So we are playing in seattle then...

Seattles fan base grew 26% after last years SB win...most growth ever. I wish i could post the link but a Seattle paper/new company did a study/survey ect

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes