Not open for further replies.

JR4

In the Starting Line-up
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Good article

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=118060

I like Vrabs take on why Colvin is coming on:

" “You can’t beat a guy going in there once every seven or eight plays,†Vrabel said. “He’s doing a good job of setting guys up and seeing where they are. Even the great ones can’t just come in there every eight plays and run around the corner and beat someone. You’ve got to set it up."

Good read.

Yup, good read... thanks JR.

Found this interesting.

Hobbs continues to impress, not only with his coverage but with his strong outside play against the run. For the second time in two weeks, the rookie cornerback on Saturday threw himself into a pulling lineman and blew up the lead blocking on the perimeter. This time, Hobbs got tackle Anthony Davis on the Bucs’ first offensive snap, turning running back Cadillac Williams to the inside for a minimal gain. . . .

Been kind of surprised we haven't heard more about this, Hobbs has looked like a demon in run support.

What is sweet is we have a pro-bowl OLB in reserve (Chad Brown for the casual reader) who because of his inside work in the first half has a lot more experience at shedding OL should he be needed.

Hobbs was a worry for his coverage, so now that he is showing how quickly he can close and break up a pass, is now getting attention for his overall play. What I like is he doesn't try to wrestle the OL, just takes him out at the ankles creating a pile-up and putting himself in position to grab the RBs ankle to slow him for the pursuit.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Yup, good read... thanks JR.

Found this interesting.

Hobbs continues to impress, not only with his coverage but with his strong outside play against the run. For the second time in two weeks, the rookie cornerback on Saturday threw himself into a pulling lineman and blew up the lead blocking on the perimeter. This time, Hobbs got tackle Anthony Davis on the Bucs’ first offensive snap, turning running back Cadillac Williams to the inside for a minimal gain. . . .

Been kind of surprised we haven't heard more about this, Hobbs has looked like a demon in run support.

He's definitely impressed me in the run support department. I love watching the run start to develop then see little ole hobbs come and just take out a big a** lineman :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes