PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More proof that the NFL hates the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it has even spread over to the point that the NFL opposes anything even remotely patriotic.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/...an-un-America-move-by-NFL-Steel?urn=nfl,55829

:) :)

You should change the title so people will realize what this is about.

They actually skipped the National Anthem at the Steelers game the other night because they were short on time. WTF is this country coming to? These billionaire *******s wouldn't be able to make money hand over fist if it wasn't for the country that they live in. Especially at a time of war I think this is a disgrace. Our priorities are so out of whack it isn't funny.

Mods please move to the political forum

I think the NFL made a big mistake in not allowing the national anthem to be sung. Baseball games are delayed by weather all the time and they don't skip it. The "More Taste League" should have shown better taste.

Sorry, I do not see the connection with playing the national anthem at a football game and patriotism. Furthermore, your just looking to be an antagonist by posting this on the football forum. Go outside and play in the snow.

I don't think its unpatriotic not to play the National Anthem.

I just think its UnAmerican.

I don't think its unpatriotic not to play the National Anthem.

I just think its UnAmerican.

I think you're instigating. And nationalism is a major roadblock to thinking.

I think you're instigating. And nationalism is a major roadblock to thinking.

I'm not instigating anything, get a clue will you.

This isn't about whether you like this country or not. This is about the fact that to the money grubbing suits who run the league it is more important to them that their precious advertisers are happy than it is to follow a tradition that has been in place since the league started.

Sorry, I do not see the connection with playing the national anthem at a football game and patriotism. Furthermore, your just looking to be an antagonist by posting this on the football forum. Go outside and play in the snow.

Snow? I wish! ;)

The national anthem fills me with a lot of pride and makes me feel good about our country and my fellow man.

When the anthem is sung, I can look around and see people of all different races, religions, political affiliations, sports teams and the like, and know that for the next 2 minutes, we are all united in common purpose. No matter what differences we may have in our lives, we should all be able to say "thanks" to those who came before us, who sacrificed so much so that we can enjoy a football game on a Sunday.

I'm not instigating anything, get a clue will you.

This isn't about whether you like this country or not. This is about the fact that to the money grubbing suits who run the league it is more important to them that their precious advertisers are happy than it is to follow a tradition that has been in place since the league started.

fair enough, you're obviously entitled to your opinion. But you started bringing the war into it and everything and I don't think this is the forum for that stuff.

How does the least funny joke post on this forum get 3 stars? Are you guys all mormons or something?

How does the least funny joke post on this forum get 3 stars?

I've been wondering the same thing. :rolleyes:

I'm getting really tired of these pointless threads.

Freedom of speech includes the freedom not to speak (Or in this case sing) doesn't it?

Singing the national anthem before sporting events is an odd custom anyway. When did it start? Does anyone know if other countries besides the US and Canada do this?

Singing the national anthem before sporting events is an odd custom anyway. When did it start? Does anyone know if other countries besides the US and Canada do this?

As far as I know they do not. At least I know that the European sporting events I've been to do not and have talked with people from other countries who didn't really understand it and found it a little creepy.

If someone enjoys hearing the National Anthem, more power to them. I do not associate patriotism with the anthem played at ball games. Then again, I really don't care who wins the Davis Cup, the Presidents Cup, the Ryder Cup, or America's Cup. When I was younger I would root for America in the Olympics, not too interested anymore. I do believe that it is a proper venue to play the National Anthem. Burn the American flag, I guess that's your freedom of expression. Tho, if I'm in a foul mood I might jam by elbow between your earlobes. Start a thread concerning the Patriots and the National Anthem in the football forum......ppfffffffffffffff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes