PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More pressure on Favre than on Cassel??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesoslo

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Even if Cassel sucked on sunday, he still has the exscuse that he is the back up qb with very little experience. Where as Favre, is a proven veteran with a long track of success who now has to prove to a new team his worth, not to mention he has to do it against a BB defense in the patriots.

I agree with you about the Quarterbacks, but that is not the case when it comes to the two coaches! I feel strongly that this game is about coaching. I think BB has to do a terrific job the rest of the way.
Mangini is a rookie compared to BB.

There is more pressure, but Favre has handled bigger games then this so the pressure to him wont be as much as it is for cassel on his first start since high school.

There is more pressure, but Favre has handled bigger games then this so the pressure to him wont be as much as it is for cassel on his first start since high school.

I'm not so sure. His playoff record in the last decade doesn't scream nerves of steel. 9 games, 16 TD's, 18 INTS, 3 QB ratings over 100, 3 in the 50's, and 3 games with more INTS than TD's.

And this is personal, it's about him and his decision and GB's... He didn't look all that last week against close to the dregs of the AFC. A team with just a little better D doesn't let that second throw go for a TD. And a team with a little better offense probably manages to score again or capitalize on turnovers.

Cassel, Favre is as old as dirt, he's playin' with house money......

More pressure on Cassel.

Brett could throw 8 int and he starts next week for the jets and goes to the HOF.

But....

there is more pressure on the Jets team and Mangini to win then the Pats and BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down