PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More on Field Turf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070520/SPORTS04/705200332/-1/SPORTS09
Former Michigan quarterback Tom Brady, now a standout with the New England Patriots, was an instant fan of the surface after it was installed at Gillette Stadium late last November.

"I think there are throws we made that we probably couldn't complete on grass, just because the footing is so good and you can really push off and drive the ball, and the receivers can cut really well," Brady said. "I think everybody really likes the surface."

It's gonna make Moss and Stallworth faster, too. This is going to be a 4,000-yard season for Brady; I can't wait!

Having that slosh put was really an equalizer. Brady was slipping and sliding around as he was trying to drop back, and the backs (especially Maroney) and receivers couldn't make their cuts. By the way, the Patriots didn't lose a game at home last year after the field turf was installed.

It's gonna make Moss and Stallworth faster, too. This is going to be a 4,000-yard season for Brady; I can't wait!

Brady's gone over 4,000 with grass as his main playing surface, so if everyone stays healthy he should be able to do it this year on field turf.

I'm so excited and I can't believe the season is still so far away.

I think alot of people are lookin at **** the wrong way. No, Brady will definantly have a big year. But Maroney should be a ****** beast this season. We changed our blocking scheme, we're on his turf, and now teams are playing us like the Colts.

If the Pats are ahead, they're going to kill the clock like they always do. If we get into a shooting match, somethings wrong so I doubt there will be any gaudy records set. Frankly, the teams that get into shooting matches are teams like the Bengals and Indy and we don't want our defense playing like that.

What we should have is the deep threat and the ability to score that quick TD if needed. That's what Manning has had that Brady hasn't. The more we are up (if we're up), the more we will run. I doubt that will change.

Last edited:
You kill the clock by running the ball. I thought that was understood. If you're leading into the "which running back", I don't know but they have more than one that is capable of doing it. Are you asking because you have doubts that we have someone to run out the clock now that Dillon is gone? I don't coach the Pats so I don't try and tell them how to run things. I like to let things unfold. lol

Last edited:
Our running game will have plenty of room this year to run, too. And when they cram the line to stop our running game, short passes can provide as an ample clock-wasting method. (and we have the recievers to do this, too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down