PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More on Favre - Because y'all love it so

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I dislike Farve I really would like to see him back in the league especially playing against the Packers.

As much as I dislike Farve I really would like to see him back in the league especially playing against the Packers.

im so sick of hearing about favre, but yea seeing him against the Packers would be great!!!

im so sick of hearing about favre, but yea seeing him against the Packers would be great!!!

I find the whole thing funny. I how he keep up this spiel for 10 more years.

For those of you who were insisting that Favre's arm wasn't injured:

Source: Brett Favre consults Dr. James Andrews about injury - ESPN

The video is more in depth than the story itself.

I know that it was the "in" thing to go bashing the guy, but he was genuinely hurt. That's too bad, because the Jets with a healthy Favre would have been a better team coming out of the East than the Dolphins. Hopefully this thing will be repaired and he can play for another year if that's what he really wants. I'm quite confident that the Vikings would take him over the Rosencopter.

I personally root against the other 3 AFCE teams in the playoffs, just because I hate them so. And I root against the other AFC teams in the Super Bowl. IDK, it makes me feel better for some reason.

Not saying you're wrong, that's just my feeling.

I personally root against the other 3 AFCE teams in the playoffs, just because I hate them so. And I root against the other AFC teams in the Super Bowl. IDK, it makes me feel better for some reason.

Not saying you're wrong, that's just my feeling.

I tend to root for the team that knocked my team out of the playoffs when I'm looking at professional sports. In this case, had the Jets won the division, it would have been them. I "hate" the AFCE opponents, but only for game purposes. When the teams aren't matched up, I figure there are 31 teams that I want to finish behind the Patriots, and I always felt comforted when my team (or me individually) lost out to the eventual champions as opposed to just losing to some other loser(s).

This year will be different, because if the Patriots get knocked off, I'll be going with the "Yes, the team that beat New England but, first, anyone but Pittsburgh" theory, in order to keep that "Team of the Decade" title in place.

I tend to root for the team that knocked my team out of the playoffs when I'm looking at professional sports. In this case, had the Jets won the division, it would have been them. I "hate" the AFCE opponents, but only for game purposes. When the teams aren't matched up, I figure there are 31 teams that I want to finish behind the Patriots, and I always felt comforted when my team (or me individually) lost out to the eventual champions as opposed to just losing to some other loser(s).

This year will be different, because if the Patriots get knocked off, I'll be going with the "Yes, the team that beat New England but, first, anyone but Pittsburgh" theory, in order to keep that "Team of the Decade" title in place.

I can respect that. I felt the same in 2005 with the Broncos. And actually I was rooting for Villanova in the NCAAs because they narrowly beat my alma mater in rd. 1. BUT, I can't transfer this to AFCE teams (and the Colts)- the dark side takes over and my hatred determines who I root for. Yes, my hatred runs deep.

I can respect that. I felt the same in 2005 with the Broncos. And actually I was rooting for Villanova in the NCAAs because they narrowly beat my alma mater in rd. 1. BUT, I can't transfer this to AFCE teams (and the Colts)- the dark side takes over and my hatred determines who I root for. Yes, my hatred runs deep.

Agreed. I'll root for the underdog after we get knocked out, but that will never include afce teams, or the colts, titans, raiders, and chargers.

They're all on my list! :mad: :D

Agreed. I'll root for the underdog after we get knocked out, but that will never include afce teams, or the colts, titans, raiders, and chargers.

They're all on my list! :mad: :D

And don't forget the rest of the AFC.

And the NFC.

They're on the list, too! :mad:

Totally agree! It would be great drama and I am slightly curious to see if the Vikings would be any better with Favre than they would be with Tavaris or Sage.

Well, technically the Jets did knock the Patriots out of the playoffs. If they didn't crap the bed in a very winnable game vs. Miami (neither team seemed like they wanted to win that one), the Pats would have won the division. So I guess you do have to root for the Jets.

For those of you who were insisting that Favre's arm wasn't injured:

Source: Brett Favre consults Dr. James Andrews about injury - ESPN

The video is more in depth than the story itself.

I know that it was the "in" thing to go bashing the guy, but he was genuinely hurt. That's too bad, because the Jets with a healthy Favre would have been a better team coming out of the East than the Dolphins. Hopefully this thing will be repaired and he can play for another year if that's what he really wants. I'm quite confident that the Vikings would take him over the Rosencopter.

For those of us who believe with Brett it's always something...

Conditioning? Age? Weather? Whatever the cause, retired quarterback Brett Favre has dropped off considerably over the final five weeks in each of the past four seasons. Let's take a look:

The issue of Favre's stamina - NFC North - ESPN

Update: Favre reportedly made a down payment on a Condo in Minnesota:

A Brett Favre signing with the Minnesota Vikings is expected to be announced in time for the start of the team's single-game ticket sales July 20.

The Vikings will play Favre's former team, the Green Bay Packers, Oct. 5 at the Metrodome on Monday night on ESPN. The Vikings are planning to require anyone buying a ticket to that game to also buy a ticket to the Aug. 21 exhibition game against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Meanwhile, a little birdie heard that quarterback Brett Favre and wife Deanna last weekend made a $30,000 deposit on a condominium near 50th and France in Edina.

Shooter Now: Favre puts deposit on Edina condo; Vikings package Packers game with Chiefs preseason gig - TwinCities.com

Last edited:
I don't want to see Favre injured—I wouldn't wish that on anyone. OTOH, if he comes back, I do want to see him fail. And I mean EPIC FAIL.
Childress and Favre...man, you don't even need luck to get your wish. ;)

If he indeed is a Viking then the Minnesota at Green Bay game this year could be the highest watched NFL regular season game ever ... and I mean that.

If he indeed is a Viking then the Minnesota at Green Bay game this year could be the highest watched NFL regular season game ever ... and I mean that.

According to NFL.com the two games this year between the Vikes and Packers are:

GB @ Min - Monday October 5th (Week 4) 8:30 PM EST ESPN
Min @ GB - Sunday November 1st (Week 8) 1:00 PM EST Fox

How soon does flex scheduling start to take place again? As of right now there's no NBC game on November 1st so unless if NBC has something already lined up for that night could that game suddenly be bumped to prime time?

According to NFL.com the two games this year between the Vikes and Packers are:

GB @ Min - Monday October 5th (Week 4) 8:30 PM EST ESPN
Min @ GB - Sunday November 1st (Week 8) 1:00 PM EST Fox

How soon does flex scheduling start to take place again? As of right now there's no NBC game on November 1st so unless if NBC has something already lined up for that night could that game suddenly be bumped to prime time?

No, because that's the "Let's be kind to baseball and not have a Sunday night game" weekend.

Even if it is, I don't think it'll be the first regular season game to be simulcast on three different networks. ;)

Brett Favre's health a factor in whether he might join Minnesota Vikings - ESPN

Of course, this runs counter to the unverified Yahoo! report claiming Favre told the Vikings he was going to stay retired.....

My only response to this most recent edition of Favre-o-mania is to think how freakin' lucky we are to have Belichick and the Krafts running the show in Foxboro and how sad/depressing/discouraging/(fill in the blank) it must be either to be a fan of Lord Favregaard who remembers his glory days or to be a football-savvy Vikings fan who knows that they not only will have to live with this nonsense all year but that it is also inevitable that Brett will run out of steam sometime in November, if not sooner.

Last edited:
I don't want to see Favre injured—I wouldn't wish that on anyone. OTOH, if he comes back, I do want to see him fail. And I mean EPIC FAIL.

Intentionally injured? I don't either. But if he can pull a hammy or strain a quad, that's karma, baby.

I hope the @ssh9ole whose name is Favre never plays another down in football. Man has proven he has no scruples, no sense of fair play, and could care less about anyone not named Favre. I hope that the Viking's O-line is so porous that it makes Spongebob look like he's made of tempered steel. I hope Favre gets a bump, if not a hit, every single down.

I had respect for Favre until he sold out and put on a JESTS green jersey. From that moment on, I had no respect for him. He's as big a wh@re as any damsel plying her trade outside the local Holiday Inn. Just name the price, and if it's big enough, Favre will play for your team too.

Think of all the Green bay fans who looked up to hi, who respected him, and then he does this. Think of all the Vikings fans who deserve a serious QB, not some washed-up has been who's best passes are always to the other team.

To h3ll with Favre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back