Welcome to PatsFans.com

More of Obama being in touch with the regular American

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IllegalContact, Aug 6, 2012.

1. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +253 / 4 / -8

2. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +287 / 5 / -8

One word: Drossage.
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +114 / 7 / -10

The point wasn't Obama's rich guys it was shutting down a public becah during the summer that provides recreation for the unwashed masses he claims to care about.

Haven't heard about the public being shut out of public parks due to Romney's Horse... ;)
  4. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -1

It's cute that you guys think only Obama's trips disrupt anything.

I'm sure Bush went without security and that Romney will as well. (The folks who live in or visit Newport Beach will LOVE it if Romney is elected... his visits won't snarl things there at all...)
  5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +316 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

No....as your article clearly states, this is what it means to be president.

6. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

Don't knock dressage! I had a GF the rode English and did dressage and those pants... wow! From what I have seen there is no animal cruelty in dressage. Of course she was not riding at a high level so maybe later on they start torturing the horses, but at her level they loved and took good care of the horses.
  7. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +253 / 4 / -8

At least that's what it means fr Obama to be prez
  8. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +253 / 4 / -8

Waaah......Waaah......bush did it too.......

Guess Obama is just as bad
  9. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +287 / 5 / -8

I think on this one the point isn't "he's just as bad" it's "he's just as president."
  10. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +287 / 5 / -8

First let me apologize for misspelling dressage.

Secondly, I would like to ask whether they put a crate on the top of the FedEx plane to get the horse over there, just because.

Third, I actually had a great conversation recently where I stuck my foot in my mouth talking to a retiring attorney about dressage. He did explain how his wife came from "a lot" of money, and sort of chuckled about it too, even though he was indulging in precisely the same sport. Great guy. Dressage doesn't make you evil.

But it's also not like you and your buddies from the quarry go out every Friday to their regular Dressage league.

I mean, however far away having your own horse is from average America to begin with, dressage is having your own dancing horse. Dancing horsies just do not suggest the answer "Most likely to understand my problems" to quote the polling question.

PFnV
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Every time this comes up, the same thing comes to mind the need for serious campaign reform...

This year the Koch Brothers alone will have either contributed for raised as much money as McCain/Palin did in '08....

BTW the Secret Service makes these decisions, not Obama..
  12. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

This whole "He's not in touch with the common man as much as my guy is" debate is moot. If FDR and JFK were running today, they'd be the Romney. Just as HT, DDE and RMN would be able to claim their "connection" to the unwashed masses. And we all know what a big union guy RWR was.

Romney's actions and not his pedigree and things he does with horses are what reveals him to be clueless and disconnected. Dressage has nothing to do with it.

Trickle down is a lie. You would think that people would have gotten that lesson by now, but they haven't. "Tax-cut, tricle-down pixie dust", indeed.
  13. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +287 / 5 / -8

Yeah my problem is that half of the country consistently comes back and dutifully regurgitates this nonsense, even now that the music has stopped and the country has all but collapsed after a few decades of this nonsense.

But everybody understands dancing horsies.
  14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Another dinner with the 99%.
  15. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

It's all Bush's fault or as Jug Ears likes to say "the previous administration"-----:singing:

Off Topic:
    Elton John called Madonna "The C Word" haven't heard any outrage from Feminism on this are they trying to ignore it, WONDER HOW THEY WOULD HANDLE IT IF HANK WILLIAMS SAID IT?

ELTON JOHN SHOULD LOOK IN THE MIRROR, HE LOOKS LIKE MADONNA'S GRANDMOTHER.

Double Standard In The Media Is Disgusting.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  16. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

When will we the we the people fully recognize that whether you vote D or R, none of the candidates (at very least for POTUS) are "in touch" with the masses?

The amount of money it takes to get there alone dictates that.

How can one side pick on a candidate (say Romney) as being out of touch with his horses and NASCAR and 10k bets etc etc etc while their guy is sitting at $39K dollar a plate dinner? This isnt a defense of Romney, as I am no fan of his, but more of a goose and the gander situation. I have said all along that picking on Romney (by the Ds) doesnt win you points for Obama simply because there are real issues going on here. Does owning a show horse make a person less capable of leading and getting things done?

Sure, one side "seemingly fights for the common man" as a party line, but don't fool yourselves into thinking they are common wo/men

Common wo/men dont eat $39K shrimp ****tails and filets.

The last two common men to hold the office were Truman and Carter (and maybe to a lesser exten Billy)...and those types can't exist anymore given the amount of moolah it takes to get there.

It is truly silly (and sad to me anyway) that we literally have threads and discussions about whether one millionaire is more in touch than another.

Sorry for the rant. Back to Mittens....
  17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

Politicians are rotten people, all of them.
  18. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -1

from the poster who thought this merited a thread... pretty hypocritical of you

Not just Bush, every president. You only care about Obama, though.

And you're the only one who has an issue with security for the President (when the President is Obama, of course)
  19. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

I think we are talking about two different things here. You seem to be talking about going out and buying a horse that is trained already in dressage and performs at a national level. Sure that would be expensive.

My GF was a waitress at the time, she bought the horse for around 1500 dollars and stabled it at a nearby stables for about 125 a month. So, if you live in an area that has stables available it is affordable to own a horse. With prices being what they are for cable tv these days it is probably about the same as owning a horse.

Her biggest expense was a trailer to get the horse to the events, but that was her choice not something that is required to own a horse.

Anyway, watching a horse sport on tv does not give you the full impact because they concentrate on the event and do not show all the women waking around in those incredible tight, well fitting pants ;)
  20. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

The 99% do not have the cash it takes to fund this election.. this is all being done by those with deep and fat pockets...