PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More of a heartache to lose like we did? or like the Packers did?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention that even if we pulled out that win from behind yesterday there was absolutely ZERO chance this team would win in SD.

Baltimore has a shot in the second round....we did not IMO

Let me just say Im glad Im not a Pack fan.

The Patriots loss bothered me more than the Packers loss. I didn't even watch the Packers game. If I was a Packers fans, their lose would have bothered me, but I am NEP fan so the NE loss was more painful.

Last edited:
Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I'd rather see my team fight into overtime than immediately sh!t the bed.

if i was a cheesehead i would have not slept at least one whole night and then i would have been effected too for days and days

so i'm glad too to be not a Packers fan - for them it must have been terrible...

Last edited:
Sometimes when you have receivers that are ALL quality at least one or two of them can get open sooner than later and make up for the deficit of a less than good OL..The Packers OL would look alot worse if the Packers had so-so receivers like we had yesterday,Rodgers was able to dump off passes rather easily with the talent they have at the position.

Someone beat me over the head again when I think about it that we were one move away from getting Jennings over Jackson in the draft

Did you watch the game? More often than not, Rodgers had enough time back there to make a sandwich, even after Clifton went down.

Did you watch the game? More often than not, Rodgers had enough time back there to make a sandwich, even after Clifton went down.

I am not actually referring to yesterday's game in general..the whole season for them as an OL,they have been simply adequate enough but nowhere near great.

I agree with you. The what-ifs from 2007 still haunt me if I think about them (and I try not to). I won't be haunted by yesterday's game.

No question for me. The last second loss is a sleep-killer, a gut punch. The blowout tells you it just isn't your day right away and you can either watch it or do something more useful.

It would have stung more if it happened like the Packers loss, but it is more of a heartache with the way it happened, if that makes any sense. After the Superbowl in 2007 I cried I was so upset. But, at least I knew that the team was still really good and that we would be contenders the following year.

I want to believe that about this team, but after the inconsistent play at all levels, including coaching, I just don't know how this is going to go in the future.

If at all we have to lose, I would prefer yesterday's rout. We have enough heart breakers aka AFCCG / SuperBowl etc. Somehow this loss doesn't sting as much as the other ones did

Last edited:
I agree for the most part that it's easier to get blown out. As most have said some of those close losses still haunt me. Each year we have not won a Super Bowl (outside of 2002) we have had close losses derail our season: 2005-divisional round vs broncos; 2006-afc champ; 2007-do I have to say; 2008-jets ot loss. Each loss had numerous plays that if just one or maybe two had gone our way we could have won. It's tough looking back at those losses and knowing if we had won we could have had a chance to win it all (07-obvious, 06-we would have beaten the bears, 05-we probably would have beaten the steelers at home, and the seahawks in the sb, 08-we probably would have lost to the steelers in the playoffs). This year I can honestly look back at and know we had little to no chance to win it all, so it's easier in that regard.

However, you can look at it on the flip side. Packers fans can sit there and know they're not that far from fielding a championship team. As for us, could we win it all next year? Sure, but it's going to take an amazing offseason to get us there. We're not just one or two pieces away, we're multiple pieces away. We need an offensive coordinator, or O'Brien to grow a pair, we need emotional leadership, we need another receiver, we need help on both lines, we need LINEBACKERS. Will we be able to get all this in one offseason, one in which we have no idea what to expect with the probable uncapped year? Probably not, my guess is we'll compete, but won't truly be in contention for a title until 2011. Then again, we could have an amazing offseason and fill all our wholes, a man can dream can't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back