PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More Notes on LB Crable

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am one of those letting out a groan.. i had so much hope for him after seeing him get the INT in the pre season game and him getting good pressure on the QB. little did i know that 3 years later he'd still be PUP

I am one of those letting out a groan.. i had so much hope for him after seeing him get the INT in the pre season game and him getting good pressure on the QB. little did i know that 3 years later he'd still be PUP

Me too. Saw him in play camp @ Gillette, chicken legs and all, and saw great potential. I just hope that the severe hangnail injury heals before September.

Strangley, I feel weird scooping this.........

But I just got off the phone with a buddy. Randomly, he say's "I went fishing with Shawn Crable." (I didn't ask time or location)

He then says, "He's pissed he was put on the IR last year. Said he wasn't even injured. He got called into Belichicks office and was told they were putting him on the IR, wanted him to get stronger.Made another point about being upset, and wanting to get on the field. (DUH!)" My buddys tone sounded like he wasn't happy with the organization, but thats pure speculation on my part.

I made a point after that, about him failing his conditioning run last year, and then the convo rolled into general football.

But now reading this, I can't help but think. A little less fishing, alot more training could have solved all his problems.

Strangley, I feel weird scooping this.........

But I just got off the phone with a buddy. Randomly, he say's "I went fishing with Shawn Crable." (I didn't ask time or location)

He then says, "He's pissed he was put on the IR last year. Said he wasn't even injured. He got called into Belichicks office and was told they were putting him on the IR, wanted him to get stronger.Made another point about being upset, and wanting to get on the field. (DUH!)" My buddys tone sounded like he wasn't happy with the organization, but thats pure speculation on my part.

I made a point after that, about him failing his conditioning run last year, and then the convo rolled into general football.

But now reading this, I can't help but think. A little less fishing, alot more training could have solved all his problems.

Would it be better or worse if rather than being injured, he just wasn't good enough to warrant a roster spot and never had been?

well i guess that scenario if true would be better than him suffering a prolonged injury and would lend itself to the more we want to develop this player over a couple of years theory... but come on give the kid some playing time so i can have a little something... all the waiting and him sitting doing jack is killing me

since we'll likely know the answer soon, I'll forget the ridiculousness of him being unable to play again.

He got injured Set. 2009. He could have played later in the year, but why would you hold a roster spot for a player with no experience when you'd made your lineup with what you had? They wanted him stronger, but he got injured before he could prove his worth, so the roster spot was more valuable than him because he was a question mark.

In other words, it could just be bad timing for a common football injury (groin pull). That would turn it into more of a roster decision which explains why he was pissed (good) and why he's still with the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back