Welcome to PatsFans.com

More mideast extremism towards women..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Dec 28, 2011.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +424 / 12 / -26

The Egyptian Court System has scrapped the forced "virginity tests" on detained women, but that will probably be ignored in that country that we contribute heavily to.

Now to Israel, where 8 year old Naama Margolese is harassed daily on the way to school for dressing immodestly in her long sleeved blouse and long skirt, by ultra orthodox jews...

Israeli girl's plight highlights Jewish extremism

Religious extremism/madness is ruining my world..

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

I'm proud of you Darryl for pointing out the fact that there are plenty of other "sick religions" besides The Christians.

The middle east is the worlds largest "cesspool" America has enough problems with it's Pedophile Priests and Bible Thumping Screaming Reverends, I pray to God we never let those f-cking animals from the middle east get a foothold in this country.
    GOD WILLING

3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +416 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

I'm with you.

And this is exactly why religious doctrine and the laws of a country should not be one in the same. Sure, we have examples outside Muslim nations, but they're few and far between in comparison. Even in your examples, the incident of the Israeli girl is just that, but your Egyptian example is on a national scale.

4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +571 / 11 / -4

#24 Jersey

And yet we have no problem stumping for presidential candidates who insist this is a "Christian" nation and it's laws should be more in line with "Christian" values and who promise us that, if elected, they will work to make this so.

5. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +416 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

I'd say candidates like that are full of it. Our constitution won't allow characters like that to make the changes they speak of...thank God!

Besides, I've never seen one of those candidates come close to being successful. Religious fanaticals in this country represent a relatively small base. Again, the framework of our country won't allow the US to incorporate religious doctrine into our laws.

So if you're trying to say we're like other nations in any respect, I'd have to disagree with you 100%.

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

Your right again, it's time to keep anything and everything religious out of our government and our schools that goes for ALL religions not just the Christian.

Organized religon is nothing but trouble, worship in your home and live your life in your own religion, TAX ALL PLACES OF WORSHIP just like you TAX ME, don't push God on me, if I want him I will find him, I don't have to enter some fancy building with silly statues and then shell out money to be close to my God, my God is down in my f-cking celler, I will go down there when I wish to talk to him.

If these God People are caught abusing children KILL THEM, if these Mohammad People in America BEHEAD their own daughters KILL THEM.

America has changed we are turning into a God Damned third world garbage dump.

Imagine if Martin Luther King were alive today he would be Crucified by the Left Wing Media, MLK was one of those God Loving Bible Thumpers, he never opened his mouth without mentioning Jesus Christ and God, MLK was one of those Screaming Reverends who brought GOD and JESUS into everything he ever talked about GOD AND CHURCH were his whole life.

I DON'T WANT TO HEAR PRESIDENT PADDLE EARS MENTION GOD WHILE HE IS OUR PRESIDENT.

7. Gainzo

Gainzo In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -2

#11 Jersey

That is the most normal statement you have ever made.

8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,141 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

You are comparing how Muslim's treat women and how Christians treat women :confused3: ... come on Mrs. PF you are above a drive by post.

9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +571 / 11 / -4

#24 Jersey

No, I wasn't "comparing" the treatment of women in specific. I was simply stating that the same people in this country who rail against countries who base their governing on their religion are often the same people who would like to base our governing on their own religion.

Think about it, Icy. Virtually all of the current Republican candidates have signed "Family Value" pledges - a pledge based upon Christian beliefs. Virtually all of them have signed onto the "Life begins at conception" theory and have stated they would work to sign it into law.

We are outraged that a Sharia Law country forces a woman to marry her rapist - yet the current crop of Republican candidates have no problem passing a law which would force a woman to bear her rapist's child.

We are outraged that in a few Sharia law countries women are denied the right to vote - and yet the Republican party is all about making voting laws here stricter and stricter - refusing to allow anyone without a government-issued picture ID to vote - affecting mostly minorities (which includes older women) and the poor. (mostly women)

The Republican party would reduce or abolish SS and Medicare benefits - again affecting far more women than men since women represent 57 percent of all Social Security beneficiaries age 62 and older and approximately 68 percent of beneficiaries age 85 and older.

Social Security Administration: Social Security Is Important to Women

They would cut welfare programs and social programs - again, women would pay the highest price.

National Poverty Center | University of Michigan

We are horrified that Sharia Law countries insist that homosexuality is against Muslim law and punish all homosexuals for nothing more than being homosexual and yet we are all in favor of Ron Paul who's gratefully accepted the endorsement of multiple groups who whould outlaw homosexuality - some of them actively calling for the death penalty for gay men. Michelle Bachmann, Rick Perry and Rick Santorum have also spoken out against homosexuals - basing their distaste upon their religious beliefs.

It used to be, in this country, that a presidential candidate would play down his religion - assuring the voters that his own personal beliefs would have no place in his political decision making. JFK comes to mind instantly.

Now they are proudly asserting their "Christian" values as if that makes them more politically valuable than anyone else - and they are promising that their personal religious beliefs will be the tenent by which they rule our country.

Tell me you do not see the change which has taken place and that you do not see cause for women, minorities and all non-Christians to be alarmed.

Honestly.

Tell me.

10. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +416 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

But the big difference between the USA and sharia nations is that we the citizens determine our future. We don't have a citizen-base of religious fanatics who actually want religious rule and doctrine.

We are a multi-culture nation of diverse people. Comapre that to any sharia nations citizen base and you'll have your answer.

The beautiful thing about the USA is that we can actually have religious fanatics in our gov't and we can all tell them to pound sand at the voting booth.:D

11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +571 / 11 / -4

#24 Jersey

So you are voting democratic in the upcoming election?

12. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +416 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

I don't think so...but you never know. The cool thing voting is that we're not obligated to share our decistions.

I'm still wondering why Kerry conceded after the hanging chads....

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +424 / 12 / -26

Maybe he was told to by the Power Elite......

14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +571 / 11 / -4

#24 Jersey

If anyone is still unconvinced that at least some of the Republican candidates for president are not attempting to run on a religious platform this surely ought to give you pause.

[​IMG]

15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

Kerry & Gore are the two reasons we wound up with Bush.

If the democrats had come up with a decent candidate it is very possible that we wouldn't have had 9/11 or The Iraqi war.

Bush was no bargain but with all his faults the american people decided he was better than "the two ass holes" the very close election made that very clear.

Gore/Kerry
    Two Jokes

16. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +290 / 11 / -10

I think those who cling to guns and religion are a problem wherever they are in the world.

17. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +416 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

My neighbor has a lot of guns...but doesn't seem religious at all. I like that neighbor. Nothing wrong with responsible people with guns in my op.

I know a few people who love hunting. Not my bag, but I have no issues with hunting. To me, it's the same as fishing. I'm not one of those people who worry about an animals feelings as a bullet or arrow strikes them dead. As long as the hunter eats what he/she kills.

So do you believe people who cling to "guns AND religion" are a problem? Or are all religious and gun owning citizens a problem in your opinion?

Believe it or not, there are many who'd like to see guns, religion and human consumption of animals outlawed. Maybe then we'd be a peaceful society of vegetarians....

BTW...your idea sounds familiar....

"Imagine there's no heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people