Welcome to PatsFans.com

More McDaniels and BB

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +190 / 1 / -0

Broncos' 'clear focus' has Team Turmoil at 4-0 - Albert Breer, Sporting News - NFL - Sporting News

2. FarScapeR

FarScapeR Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Win or lose, I like the fact that McDaniels is thriving after most regarded him as done before he even coached his first NFL game. Call me proud.
  3. ALP

ALP Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0

I love this....

If u treat BB the right way, the guy will help u til the end....just as he did McDaniels

if BB wanted he could have made McDaniels have to learn some of this crap on the job....but he taught it himself

i can easily mention anohter past coordinator who prob didnt stick around long enough for that second lesson.....and not suprisingly he has the exact opposite record of Josh....

i always liked and believed in Josh, but after the tumulous start at Denver i didnt think he was gonna get anywhere this year....i was wrong

still though, BB has some tricks up his sleeve this week
  4. satz

satz Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I thnk this in a way good for BB . It is good to start your own coaching tree and i for one would have hated to see all BB coaching tree guys being failures.

Maginius what bull.
  5. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +133 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Well said, all of it.

I'm rooting for Josh. Bronocs have now become my very VERY distant second-favorite team.
  6. Reckedtrek

Reckedtrek Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

I'm sure BB and Josh are pretty good friends all year long, except for 1 possibly 2 days out of the year, this year...

...and on those days, I hope BB fully uses what he didn't show McD, and crushes that team and all the former pats (and every other player they have on the field) on it along the way. :singing:
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  7. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +190 / 1 / -0

more
    Josh McDaniels takes Bill Belichick's lessons into Sunday showdown - Jim Trotter - SI.com

8. robertweathers

robertweathers Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 1 / -0

.......and with what BB does is why people will bust through walls and walk on fire for the guy. If you give him everything you got and are loyal to him, he will reciprocate and offer the same loyalty back.

Any good manager or leader of people who is secure in their role or position would do the same thing.
  9. McDefense

McDefense Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am a Bronco fan and new to these boards. Just skimming through some of these threads it seems like the majority here have a lot of respect for McD. I don't know if it was the way he went about things in NE or how he left, which seems to be on good terms, but for the most part he gets a lot of props. When he first arrived in Denver I was skeptical admittedly, especially after the Cutler fiasco. But shortly after I began to see what he was trying to build. A team first attitude where no one individual is above anyone else, and Cutler definitely didn't fit the mold. This team is playing for one another and for their coach and that has translated to wins. I never really liked Belichek personally but I respect the hell out of him as did Shanahan, and he obviously took McD under his wing and showed him a lot. I hope their relationship doesn't sour like it did with Mangini, and maybe they will see each other in the post season. I also wanted to say for the most part a lot of you have been giving the Broncos respect , more so than other fans anyway. So props to you guys for that.
  10. Phlash

Phlash Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Broncos deserve all the respect we're giving them. They're 4-0 and have been playing stellar defense, despite the fact that everyone had written them and McD off before the season began. Its too bad Mangini didn't stick around and show some loyalty to BB, I'm sure that BB would have shown him what he showed McD.
  11. robertweathers

robertweathers Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 1 / -0

As you know, Mangini was a BB protege' but left to go to BBs sworn enemy (Jets). On the way out the door Mangini went behind BB and recruited scouts, coaches (Brian Daboll), players, etc. In turn pats security put his office belongings in some boxes and locked his office. He crossed BB. Bad move.

From what I gather, McD did everthing above board and asked BB about coaches, players, etc. while at the same time maintaining BBs trust. I

Besides Dimitroff, every coach and FO has had a rocky go of it once they left NE. I am genuinely glad for McD. He has done everything right in moving along to Den.
  12. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,338 / 13 / -5

McDaniels was already ahead of Mangini when Mangini left. Word was in 2005 that McDaniels was the real star although Mangini got all the hype. McDaniels followed Belichick's advice and didn't rush to take his first job while Mangini went for the first job he was offered. So far, it looks like McDaniels did it the smart way.

You could see how much more responsibility Belichick increasingly gave McDaniels almost to a point where Belichick spent most of his time when the offense was on the field with his back turned while working with the defense. I think this progression really helped him become a head coach.

McDaniels could have his one year of good fortune (and I guess become McGenius) before hitting the skids like Mangini, but I think his future is brighter since he stayed to learn more under Belichick. I don't think he will repeat Belichick's success, but he won't be a 3 and out head coach either like Mangini was in New York.
  13. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 70 / -75

Disable Jersey

Keep all that in mind when the Broncos start dropping games during the upcoming stretch.
  14. HarkDawg

HarkDawg Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I HOPE Bill is pleasant to McDaniels WIN or LOSE.

JM was an awesome coordinator and as much as I like BB (which is a **** load) I hope he doesn't ignore or give him a half ass hand shake at the end. JM deserves a better recognition. **** everybody else but Josh. He better get the respect of Bill.
  15. robertweathers

robertweathers Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 1 / -0

What i thought was an interesting storyline was when going for the Ravens job, BB wrote a letter of recomendation for John Harbaugh. not trying to read too much into it, but the postgame handshake was icy. I chalk it up to Harbaugh being BS after the loss.

I fully expect McD and BB to be cordial after the game.
  16. tuckeverlasting

tuckeverlasting Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

besides espn, who....cares....about....the handshake. one of the biggest non-stories in the history of non-stories about bb and the pats.
  17. HarkDawg

HarkDawg Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

agreed. BuT BILL should show at least a little respect for his old O-Coordinator. Like I said, **** everybody else.
  18. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

One thing. Mangini is definitely a douche, but why is he demonized more than McKid for signing ex-Pats players or ex-Pats personnel people?

By all accounts, McDaniels has taken multiple people from our scouting, coaching, and administrative departments, on top of a few players too.
  19. robertweathers

robertweathers Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 1 / -0

He didnt go behind BB's back to do it. He talked to him about who wasnt going to be promoted and BB gave his blessing to approach them about opportunties for advancement w/ Denver. Plus there was adequete transition time put in place as not to have a hughe impact on draft preperations. Big difference. Pioli did the same thing.

Mangini went the scorched earth route, poached and raided and has been smouldering in his own ashes since.....
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  20. McDefense

McDefense Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't expect the Broncos to go 16 and 0 or anything, hell I honestly didn't think we would be 4 and 0, but I'll take it and I'll enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts. When they lose I will still be as big a fan as when they win, just not as happy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.