Welcome to PatsFans.com

More loved in Boston

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Sean Pa Patriot, Jan 25, 2006.

?

Who is more loved in Boston

1. Theo Epstein

8 vote(s)
    10.1%
  2. Tom Brady

71 vote(s)
    89.9%
  1. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Who is the more loved in Boston, not to mention important to the franchise...
  2. sieglo

sieglo Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Sadly, the correct answer is Theo.

Boston also consistently votes for Ted Kennedy.
  3. mtbykr

mtbykr Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

great

Great you just insulted both Tom and Theo by bringing that fat drunk into the conversation!

Probably Theo though---from brookline and brought the first championship to boston in 86 years-------and as much as some don't like it; boston is a baseball town!
  4. patriotspride

patriotspride Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

its got to be brady.there is no way a gm is more popular than a mvp qb with three sb rings.i think the better poll is who is more popular curt schilling david ortiz or tom brady .
  5. PatsWorldChamps

PatsWorldChamps Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

who is more valuable: pioli or epstein?
    One guy created a media circus despite having a budget (much) larger than every team but one.

One guy created a dynasty with the same budget as everyone else.
  6. PatsRI

PatsRI PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

It might have been close at one time but Steve Buckley had a good line about the "teflon" being off Theo now.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2006
  7. Patti37

Patti37 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It would probably be a tie.
  8. patriotspride

patriotspride Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

yes but epstien has the team with the highest payroll in his own division and his payroll is 80 million less .
  9. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

i voted for theo bcs boston is still a baseball town. personally, brady is the man. not sure if you can prove anything statistically by putting this poll on a football board. brady will win here every time. would be nice to see this poll in the hereld or globe.
  10. CTPatsFan

CTPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Personally, TB. But in Boston there's no way it's not Theo. Many Bostonians don't even know there's an NFL team a 1/2 hour away from them (which does contribute to the Pats' relative obscurity in their state's largest city).
  11. pats60

pats60 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I can`t believe what i`m reading here.Theo most overated gm in sports.
    If he got red sox to win world series than Pioli must be a genius or a god
    and belichick a puppet for winning 3 super bowls.
    yEA Theo did a great job last year. Not one good signing last year. Ken Williams of white sox a better GM than theo look at free agents he got for them.How mant teeshirts does theo sell?
  12. primetime

primetime Rookie

Ratings:
    +128 / 20 / -8

#18 Jersey

If my left nut had the budget the Red Sox do, it could buy a contender every year. The Red Sox are so damn annoying, and I am a fan. But God...
  13. PatsWorldChamps

PatsWorldChamps Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

this is unquestionably true. How many GM's from places other than boston can you even name? Do you know the GM's in Kansas City? I bet almost every sports fan in KC can name the overrated GM of the Red Sox.

Epstein wasnt even a true GM anyways; he was a figurehead; that's what made him take his ball and go home (can you ever imagine Pioli pulling a stunt like that?)
  14. PatsWorldChamps

PatsWorldChamps Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

True dat. Im a sox fan too, but holy sh!t are they annoying. Come on, a 10-page press release to say - nothing? want it in one sentence?

"Today, Theo has rejoined the team that he left a couple months ago, with a new title that means nothing to you fans and writers, but keeps us in the public eye."
  15. Peter Pat

Peter Pat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I dont even think Theo is a good GM. never had. Last year he couldnt get Pedro signed, Pedro goes out to have a Cy Young type season with the Mets, the sox had no number 1 starter last year. And he had Shillings injury report, long before Pedro bolted to the Mets. He didn't resign Cordero for decent money, he signed Egar for big money, Edgar committed 30 errors at short, and looked miserable being here.

The sox have the second highest payroll in basbeball, and yet last year their 1st and 2nd base situtation was the worse in baseball. Not only was their no offense, but no defense at those positions. (Aside from when Olerude played, so they had some defense). Signed Matt Mantaii, Wade Miller, and about 5 other long shot throwers, wheo could help the bull pen or the starting rotation. The Sox basically played the season with no bullpen, and a group of #4 starters. Again the sox have a 120 million payroll, and that is the best he could put together.

I thought they won in spite of hin 2004, and weather he stayed or went, made no difference to me.

By the way I am a 10X bigger Pats and footbal fan in general, (not to mention Celtics), than I am a baseball fan. So even if he was a good GM, I still wouldnt even put him in ear shot of Brady.

By the way the Red Sox and boston being a baseball town is a myth. There is a generation divide. 40 and up, are generally bigger sox fans, 40 and lower bigger football fans. The media is run by and catered to 75 year old people. The Globe owns the Red Sox also, so that is why the media attention is different.
  16. Fanfrom1960

Fanfrom1960 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Look at it this way...if they both showed up in a restaurant, which one would get the most people bothering him. Theo's gorilla suit last fall notwithstanding, it's Brady by a landslide, and even if he doesn't have his latest girlfriend with him.
  17. PatsWorldChamps

PatsWorldChamps Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This is very true. We "hear" how Boston is a baseball town, from the media.

There is no doubt the sox are a "media team", moreso than boston is a "baseball town"
  18. PatsSaintsSox

PatsSaintsSox Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

ok...

Pedro - Theo was right not to give pay-dro the 4 year 50,000,000 dollar contract. While Pedro had a great year with the mets, he still has 2 more years on his deal, and he was already injured at the end of last season...not to mention the pedro being pedro stuff...is he an amazing pitcher? yes, is he going to the hall of fame? yes...but he is going to be 38 at the end of the last year in the contract, if that is even how old he is... and according to a med school friend i have, he has a 20% chance of not being able to start, or even pitch by the 3rd year, or 2007 - because of his shoulder injury history.

Theo - Theo in my opinion is an above average GM. He is very good at evaluating young talent, just look at the sox farm system since he has been here, it went to Yankees caliber to that of probably the marlins, who have an above average minor league system...guys like Lester, Papelbon, Pedroia, and Hansen don’t just come from out of thin air and apear in a minor league system, they have to be scouted and drafted. Theo points the scouts in that direction to look at those guys. In past years (before theo) the sox just picked the best power hitter in the first rounds, if they even had a first round pick (comp for the team that they got a FA from). Where as now, they take the best players available, be it a pitcher, power hitter, contact hitter, or a more well rounded player with no specific strengths, but good in all tool areas (fielding, hitting for power, speed, contact hitting, and throwing)...its unlike the football draft, because those players can step in and help right away...see logan mankins...where as with baseball, you have to have the foresight to look down the road and see where you will need help in say 3-5 years...

Cordero - Will Cordero wasn't here when theo was i don't think...i could be wrong but he is the only cordero that may have been here when theo was here in early 2003, but i thought he was long gone by then...i cant think of and other cordero right now that the sox had.

Rentererror - ok renteria was a bad signing, i would have preferred theo signed OC but that’s just me. I like a great fielding, decent hitting SS, but Edgar was a great fielder, and a great hitter that could fill the 2 hole in the BO. We all know what happened there, and theo had the guts to swallow his pride and trade renteria and cut his losses with him (Gammons said that theo was leading that whole trade with Atlanta for Marte - who is one of the best prospects in baseball)

all right...i think that’s everything for now...
  19. thechris

thechris Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Theo, hands down. And it's a shame too.
  20. PatsSaintsSox

PatsSaintsSox Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think its brady, doesnt everyone know who he is?

When theo and brady are both at a sox game, in the stands, i bet more people go over to brady to get his auto and that kind of thing...