Welcome to PatsFans.com

More Lies & Hypocrisy From the Cain Camp

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +619 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

Herman Cain campaign manager Mark Block, in an appearance with Sean Hannity on Fox News just now, insisted that a relative of the second woman to publicly accuse the candidate of sexual harassment in the 1990s works at POLITICO.

"Her son works at POLITICO," Block said of Karen Kraushaar, whose name POLITICO printed earlier today after other media outlets made her identity public.

"I've been hearing that all day - you've confirmed that now?" Hannity asked.

"We've confirmed that he does indeed work at POLITICO and that's his mother, yes," said Block.

Block appeared to be referring to former POLITICO reporter Josh Kraushaar, who left for another outlet, National Journal, in 2010.

Cain aide wrongly insists they've 'confirmed' accuser's son works for POLITICO - Maggie Haberman - POLITICO.com

Except, as it turns out, that no, not only has Josh Kraushaar not worked at Politico since 2010 - he's not her son, either.

In another stunning incidence of hypocrisy, the Cain campaign has made numerous scathing references to Gloria Allred, the high-priced "celebrity" lawyer hired by Sharon Bialek.

Herman Cain swats Gloria Allred as 'activist celebrity lawyer' - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

Herman Cain | Sharon Bialek | Gloria Allred | The Daily Caller

And what does Herman Cain go out and do before his press conference?

Why, he goes out and hires himself a high-priced, libel and defamation celebrity defense attorney - L. Lin Wood, who's represented Richard Jewell, the accused 1996 Olympic bomber, John and Patsy Ramesy and many other high-profile clients including Gary Condit, the victim in the Kobe Bryant case, and the mother of Anna Nicole Smith.

Herman Cain: I'd take lie detector test to rebut Sharon Bialek claims - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

2. Gunnails

Gunnails In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

===========================================

And?

3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +308 / 9 / -12

Politico and J Martin will be sweating Lin getting involved after their smear campaign against Cain given his record.

4. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +297 / 3 / -4

So, was Block telling the truth about Kraushaar?

Is it ok for Cain to hire Wood but not for Bialek to hire Allred?

Isn't that what this thread is about?

5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +619 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

No

No

Yes

But it's probably not anything 13 wants to talk about.

6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +352 / 15 / -12

Face it PF, Cain, like Bachmann and Perry, is a bad joke. The Tea Party has not been able to find anyone credible to run for president ... and that's because the Tea Party is made up of extremists that represent a very narrow bandwidth of the American people.

7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +619 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

While we're at it.....I'm thinking that maybe Herman Cain thinks the best way to distance himself from the stories circulating about him is to pretend he's someone else.

Did anyone else nothing how weirdly he kept referring to himself in the third person in his news conference? Like he was talking about someone else.

RateMarketplace.com

8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +308 / 9 / -12

Did I mention block? HE clearly is a second stringer, Cain wasn't in position to hire a real pro when he took Block on. I am commenting about Cain getting a competent lawyer to help him defend himself against smears from people with shall we say a colorful background in their work histories.

He has a history of getting $$$$ from media sources who libel someone. See his results defending R Jewell who was also lynched by the media. Cain may end up owning Politico.

9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +619 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

Funny, you sure defended Joe Walsh as an fine standing, upright individual in spite of his numerous bankruptcies and court cases.

From what I've heard on FOX and on MSNBC today, about the only "owing" that's getting done is that the Cain campaign had to issue a retraction on the "son works for Politico" story as well as get FOX to give an on-the-air retraction on the Hannity Show later today.

Politico printed nothing untrue as far as I can tell. They broke a story about 2 separate sexual harassment suites which had been brought against Herman Cain. Their report was factual. They even went so far as to give Herman Cain 10 days advance notice in which to refute any untrue information. He did not respond. They did not print details, they did not print names, they did not violate any journalistic rules that I am aware of....what's he going to sue them for? Reporting facts? Last I heard that's what responsible media does - they report facts.

As the story broke they reported the breaking news. They reported Herman Cain denied knowing anything about it. They reported that Herman Cain knew something about one of them. They reported that Herman Cain said a small, maybe 2-3 months salary was given as severance pay. They reported that Herman Cain, when the amounts turned out to be in the $30-45,000 range, knew nothing about any monetary settlements of that size. THey reported that Herman Cain said he knew nothing about the accusations until the day the story broke. They reported that Herman Cain blamed Rick Perry because one of Herman Cain's old employees currently worked for Rick Perry and he'd been briefed on the sexual harassment suits a "few months ago." They reported that Herman Cain blamed The Democrat Machine. They reported that Herman Cain blamed the women the women themselves. They reported, in other words, everything that Herman Cain has said since the original story was printed.

If Politico seems to be changing their story every other hour it's because they are reporting Herman Cain's own ever-changing ever-evolving remarks.

Personally, I feel a bit sorry for this H. Lin guy. I think he's backing a loser this time around.

10. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +297 / 3 / -4

So, was Block telling the truth about Kraushaar?

Is it ok for Cain to hire Wood but not for Bialek to hire Allred?

It's starting to sound like Cain has, shall we say, a colorful background in his work history...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +308 / 9 / -12

Block looks like he was wrong.

I don't care about whether Allred was hired, she is a dem activist, and her client has a history as has been referenced on this board.

I find it more interesting that Obams's closest advisor was her neighbor. BTW how do you afford those digs after 2 bankruptcies.

With Lin being the opponent Allred may have bitten off a lot more than she can shew.

Not to people familiar with the tactics of the dems.

12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

13. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +619 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

Mark Block certainly does:

Block has been accused of voter suppression and was banned from running Wisconsin political campaigns for three years to settle accusations he coordinated a judge's re-election campaign with a special interest group.

Records show Block has faced foreclosure on his home, a tax warrant by the Internal Revenue Service and a lawsuit for an unpaid bill. He also acknowledges he was arrested twice for drunken driving.

Top Cain aide has checkered past - Politics & Elections News

Herman Cain's two top campaign aides ran a private Wisconsin-based corporation that helped the GOP presidential candidate get his fledgling campaign off the ground by originally footing the bill for tens of thousands of dollars in expenses for such items as iPads, chartered flights and travel to Iowa and Las Vegas - something that might breach federal tax and campaign law, according to sources and documents.

Internal financial records obtained by No Quarter show that Prosperity USA said it was owed about $40,000 by the Cain campaign for a variety of items in February and March. Cain began taking donations for his presidential bid on Jan. 1.

Prosperity USA was owned and run by Wisconsin political operatives Mark Block and Linda Hansen, Cain's current chief of staff and deputy chief of staff, respectively.

State firm's cash to Herman Cain may breach federal campaign, tax laws - JSOnline

Obviously Herman Cain does not hold someone's past indiscretions against them since in "This Is Herman Cain" he wrote this about Mark Block - "Block thinks outside the box. In my case, thinking way out of the box. And that's one of the reasons we have a great relationship."

Funny how in one case a checkered financial history means you're an unreliable gold-digging nutcase and in another you're someone who "thinks outside the box."

Like I said - hypocrisy.

14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +520 / 14 / -28

But Block likes to smoke on camera.. so manly.

15. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +813 / 2 / -9

.....:singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing:......

:bricks:
    "mommy"
    "yes dear"
    "whos that man looking up that ladys dress"
    "thats mr cain dear"
    "whos mr cain mom"
    "he makes pizza and some sluts are picking on him"
    "how come mr jackoff don't help him"
    "mr jackoff is an ass hole dear"
    "oh"

16. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +619 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

Jeez, 13. It doesn't "look like" he was wrong. He WAS wrong. It's that simple. Admit it. They did.

Asked by The Daily Caller if Block planned to apologize to Josh Kraushaar, Cain campaign’s campaign released a statement saying the mistake was based upon inaccurate information provided to them.

“Based upon information available at the time of Mr. Block’s Tuesday night interview on Fox News, the campaign was led to believe that Mr. Josh Kraushaar, currently with the National Journal and a former employee of Politico, was the son of Karen Kraushaar,” campaign spokesman J.D. Gordon said. “We have since learned that is not the case.”

Read more: Herman Cain | Mark Block | Politico Reporter | The Daily Caller

And I've demonstrated here that Cain's top advisor also has a "history" as referenced on this board. So now I'm asking you - why does one matter and one not matter.

And that's all it is - interesting. You have no knowledge if they knew one another, if they ever talked to one another, how large of a building it was, how long they both may have lived there....nothing. I live in a large condo - probably 200 units - I know 5 people here. Unless you've lived in a large condo in a big busy city you have no idea of how infrequently the residents actually talk to one another.

He may end up being the one getting shewed up and spit out.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  17. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +297 / 3 / -4

:youtheman:

and you only like pubbie activists

as does Wood's

Has that been confirmed?

What digs?

But still lots of ways. bankruptcy doesn't mean that you will never earn money or have assets again.

Not if the facts are on her side.

or tactics of the Perry campaign... or pubbies in general...