Welcome to PatsFans.com

More lies from that dahling of the right Christine O'Donnell...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Sep 29, 2010.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +530 / 14 / -28

The great savior of the right, the symbol of all things chaste has once again been caught is a couple of more "gotcha" moments.. apparently she has been lyin about her education.. what else is she lying about. Maybe she had a couple of moments of self induced gratification...

But she did stay at a holiday inn last night:D

I walked through Harvard Square several times, ergo I can now put on my resume that I studied at Harvard... is lying a christian value??

The Plum Line - Another Christine O'Donnell embellishment: She misleadingly claims she studied at Oxford

She lied about attending Princeton...

Bill Kristol on Christine O’Donnell: No Sarah Palin – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Oops! O'Donnell Fudged Calif. U Credential, Too - Another day, another fib

2. khayos

khayos In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Whomever billed her as the "great savior of the right" needs their head examined; if anyone gets that title nowadays it's going to be Chris Christie.

3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +624 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

I think that's some of the trouble with the Christine O'Donnell's and the Sarah Palin and the Sharron Angles of the Tea Party/Republican conservatives. They are being given the lion's (or the Grizzly's) share of the attention and the money and it's people like Chris Christie who really deserve it and who would be the most likely people to be able to appeal to moderates of both parties.

Christie has done his homework, he's worked hard and he's personable - plus he's intelligent something which actually holds appeal for a large group of people.

I'm unsure why The Tea Party has latched onto the Mama Grizzly type - I'm sure it's a great photo-op but honestly, men who simply want to look at pictures of pretty woman usually buy magazines which are specifically geared to that desire.

I'd be hard pressed to find something negative to say about Christie, not so Christine.

I think that applies to more "lefties" than just myself.

4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +309 / 9 / -12

Joe Biden is a plagerist you have no problem with that, she is a big step up morally from that.

BTW she will vote to defund and repeal Obamacare and vote against cap and trade.

5. khayos

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Mama Grizzlies get coverage because of the media... they don't tend to go against say a Carly Fiorina or Kelly Ayotte. Heck, I haven't heard much about Nikki Haley since that fake blogger scandal happened.

6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +624 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

That works both ways, though, doesn't it? Who gives them more coverage and interview time than FOXNews? Heck, due to the fact that they've actually been told by Sarah to avoid the "lamestream media" and give exclusive interviews only to FOX it's pretty much assured, isn't it?

I know the common complaint is "mainstream media makes us look bad," but the truth is, no one can make you "look bad," without your assistance. If there's nothing being said or done which comes across as stupid it can't be made up on live TV. It's either there or it isn't. To complain that the questions are "too hard," or "gotcha" questions shows nothing but ill-preparedness on the part of the person being interviewed.

Speaking of which - did anyone catch the interview on MSNBC of dorky little Levi Johnson? The interview questions were, for the most part, no brainers. His answers were, for the most part, indicitive of a 3rd grader suffering from arrested development.

It was not the fault of the interviewer or the TV station itself, it was Levi Johnson's fault.

One more beef about "Mama Grizzlies," before I go.

Why do they even need a clever gimmicky group title? Why the need to stress their motherhood or their femalehood? Women are supposed to be equal - not separate and apart. Hilary and Golda and every other female who's gone before them has proven that women can stand on their own two feet and compete as equals without feeling the need to resort to "sisterhood" or to try to be special because of their status as women.

7. khayos

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm pretty sure the "Mama Grizzly" bit is a counter to the "Feminist", where the former is Pro Life and the latter is implied Pro Choice. I just said media -- both sides find them newsworthy but just because of that, I wouldn't elevate them in reverence.

8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +309 / 9 / -12

The female Tea Party women are especially threatening (along with black conservatives) and the MSM will smear them in way they would never attack a lib, so Palin's advice is spot on, no reason to give the media free shots for gotcha attacks.

Focus on the issues, which as we see this cycle is the way to go.

Dem incumbents are doing all personal attack ads (politics of personal destruction..) since they can't defend their votes and are running away from the administration policies.

9. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

I am not arguing about O"Donnell's record, but is this public info? Doesn't she have to clear it before it can be released? How is it that Obama's undergraduate records are a state secret but this stuff is available upon request?

To wit (from the Claremont website):

I can't find it on the Occidental site, but wouldn't the same rules apply? Columbia has similar policies, with the exception that a student can request that directory information not be released:

Privacy of Student Information

The Princeton site only mentions that "Enrollment Verification" can be requested by the student (in writing).

How To Obtain Enrollment Verification « Office of the Registrar

So I guess she should have just claimed she went to Columbia!

;)

10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +624 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

I will ask you again, 13. How can they "get ya" if you're not got-able? And, for the record, once again, no one feels "threatened" by them. They are simply too unbelievable to cause that kind of consternation.

And I'm sure Republican and Tea Party candidates would never stoop so low as to personally attack their opponent, would they?

When a person is running for the first time, 13, and has little or no experience in the political world, what is their opponent supposed to counter-act if not their personal stance on issues? Very few of the Tea Party candidates have a voting record to defend or explain. There is nothing to refute other than the information publicly available and whatever they've said about themselves. No one can "destroy" their political actions, they haven't taken any - the only thing an opponent has to work with is what they offer - which is nothing but personal history.

11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +624 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

Doesn't that statement sort of fly in the face of your previous remarks that Tea Party candidates are only about smaller government and fiscal responsibility and they don't really get involved in other issues?

There's a good article here about the "Mama Grizzlies," complete with Sarah's own definition of what she means by the term.

What Does 'Mama Grizzly' Really Mean? - Newsweek

12. khayos

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ugh... Mama Grizzlies are in the Tea Party movement, yes. Does not mean all Tea Partiers are Mama Grizzlies.

And yeah... Newsweek?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  13. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +297 / 3 / -4

How is she a big step up morally?

If she's lying repeatedly about a variety of things, why do you believe anything else she says?

14. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +297 / 3 / -4

I would think protections extended to their students are only extended to their students -- not to people lying about it.

15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +624 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

Right, I forgot. He borrowed words and didn't give them back, she only borrowed money and didn't give it back. Morally, she's in a much better position than he is.

Well there's a reason I'd vote for her, isn't it?

16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +309 / 9 / -12

Absolutely a great reason to vote, however it seems dems are only focused on sleaze since they can't argue issues, after discussing of sleaze draws far more posts from the left than discussion of issues like taxes and jobs.

17. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +297 / 3 / -4

So are you saying that only the left now cares about character, while the right is all about issues?

I just want to make sure I've got this straight.

18. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +624 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

That it is - and Health Care is one of several key things I look for in choosing whom I want to vote for - and trust me, it's not O'Donnell's stance that I'd be choosing on this particular issue.

As for the left loving sleaze - this is not the issue for you to be taking the high moral ground on, 13, seeing as how you're the very first one to throw stones when you find a Democrat or a democratic organization which has done anything to invoke your personal outrage. One only needs to "search" patsfan13 and Edward Kennedy, Senator Byrd, Reverend Wright, etc., to see how much you focus on personal failings.

19. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +530 / 14 / -28

You really have not been paying attention.. see Joe Farah, Rush Limbaugh, Anne Coulter, Michelle Malkin, Sean Hannity, Ted Nugent, Erik Erikson et al... they are all standardbearers for honest and intelligent discussion:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:..

One time is a faux pas, three times is a chronic liar.....

Caribou Barbie is always out there arguing issues, the problem is that she does not give anyone the opportunity to argue back.. the right thinks arguing is a onesided soap box.. just pontificate pious platitudes to all the little drudgies... they lap it all up like nice little lemmings.. and just follow along.

20. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +309 / 9 / -12

So O'Donnell says she never set up a profile on Linked In, Linked Is has pulled the profile and wonk confirm whether the profile was faced or not. The campaign is investigating how when the profile was created. Wa Post never checked if she did the profile before running their story.

from TPM

Team O'Donnell Tells TPM: 'We're Still Figuring Out What To Do' On Disputed LinkedIn Profile | TPMDC

from Red State on how Linked in trats educational entries from a Linked in Member (he doesn't deal with the possibility of this profile being a dirty trick:

Let’s Attack Christine O’Donnell’s LinkedIn Page! | RedState

If the page is a fake hopefully she will pursue criminal charges.