PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More KC optimism about Pioli

Status
Not open for further replies.
That could be the worst sentence I've ever read.

I’m going to prove (or come as close as I can) that anyone in NFL history (post 1970 merger) who has been in a situation similar to his… is/was history at the end of the season – or soon thereafter.

That could be the worst sentence I've ever read.

That is pretty bad. How does Mike Shanahan get fired but Herm "we play to win the game but lose an 11 point lead to San Diego in under 2 minutes" Edwards still have his job?

NFL affirmative action

The Herald (Guregian not the evil one) reports that a KC radio station claimed that Pioli has been offered the Chiefs job but that one issue is whether he can fire Edwards. Edwards was effectively **** Vermeil's appointment and is close to the ownership. Edwards is a classic example of a players' coach who gets on well with the ownership but doesn't do it on game day. I think he stays in work because he keeps the media happy during a rebuilding phase. Pioli would be mad to keep him; he has to do a Parcells and clear that team out.

The Herald (Guregian not the evil one) reports that a KC radio station claimed that Pioli has been offered the Chiefs job but that one issue is whether he can fire Edwards. Edwards was effectively **** Vermeil's appointment and is close to the ownership. Edwards is a classic example of a players' coach who gets on well with the ownership but doesn't do it on game day. I think he stays in work because he keeps the media happy during a rebuilding phase. Pioli would be mad to keep him; he has to do a Parcells and clear that team out.

Actually that was posted on PatsFans three hours before Guregian posted her blurb on it, which most likely meant she got it from here:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/205129-chiefs-offer-gm-job-pioli.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye