Welcome to PatsFans.com

More interesting tidbits from chargers/colts game

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by SVN, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +182 / 1 / -0

'Hot and healthy' flies out the playoff window - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

2. Fixit

Fixit Rookie

Ratings:
    +183 / 2 / -1

Colts complaining about getting screwed by flags is precious.
  3. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,327 / 13 / -5

I heard the "Game Over" comment while watching the game. Surprising that the classy Chargers would say something like that.

As for Freeney biatching, he and his Colts got into the Super Bowl and eventually won because in large part that the Pats were flagged with a penalty that wasn't even on the books anymore when they called it (Hobbs' face guarding) which instead of a long field goal attempt game the Colts a first and goal at the 1. If it was a bad call, I'd say it was a make up call.
  4. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +250 / 1 / -1

#61 Jersey

Hey, that face-mask call was very correct. You could see the hand reach out, grab the face mask and swing the head around.

The Defensive holding call was pretty blatant as well.

In the end, I find it the greatest of hypocrisy that the vaunted Colts are complaining about being jobbed by the refs, when Polian's angels have benefited from an excess of calls for years. I hope Polian gets so worked up that his veins burst. Man's a gutter-runner of the first order.
  5. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I think the Colts are just so used to being bailed out by poor officiating that, when the correct calls are finally made they feel like they're being screwed over.
  6. Cartwright

Cartwright Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yes, rich that they are *****ing. Who doesn't *****? You guys were pissed when we *****ed about '03. But yet it is okay for you all to ***** about the AFCCG. I think what Freeney is saying is that those calls, in the context of how the game was called, was shocking. Session Face mask? Sure. But the defensive holding is something that, on the other side of the ball, happens all the time. The ball that was clearly over the receiver's head was the most egregious, and the one that hurt the most, as that was a 3rd down and long, well out of FG range. Not sure why they never flag an O-Lineman for shoving their hand up Freeney's face mask. Maybe because of the under move that Freeney tries (Like punching someone's fist with your face). Maybe they are saying Freeney PUTS himself in that position (Like a defender turning his back on a blocker, they don't call block in the back). I don't THINK that is right or correct, but in any event, not going to ***** too much about the calls, other than to say they certainly did not let the players determine the outcome. Should never been in that spot to begin with. Are Winters and Coleman related??
  7. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

And the Troy Brown offensive pass interference (joke call) and the non-call on Hayden's rape of Reche Caldwell in the end zone.
  8. Koma

Koma Rookie

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -2

100% agree. The only latitude that I give Freeney is that he made those claims while leaving the stadium. He probably hadn't seen a replay of those penalties yet to see that they were legitimate.

I'm not asking this to be snide (well, maybe a little), but when was the last time a Patriot player went off about the officiating like this? I can't remember anything recent like that, but that's probably just me.
  9. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +182 / 1 / -0

isnt it funny that all these so called classy teams complain the most but the pats without saying anything are villified ?i remember the outcry for support for mr classy when he cried about someone celebrating a sack dance but not a single ripping of lendale white and bulluck stomp on the steeler towel. both were non stories but the bb is classless crap got so winded up then but nothing about jeff fisher.
  10. tuckeverlasting

tuckeverlasting Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

i thought it was rivers that had said "game over". i guess it was williams.
  11. unoriginal

unoriginal Rookie

Ratings:
    +226 / 3 / -1

I give Freeney some latitude because when I've watched him I've felt he does get held a lot more often than is called.
  12. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -3

A few had something to say about the Pollard hit on Brday, but I can't recall much of anything since then.
  13. Koma

Koma Rookie

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -2

You're right. I should have specified that I was referring to his opinion on the 3 penalty calls against the Colts.

Freeney is held more often than is called. Of course, every good pass rusher feels that way :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.