Welcome to PatsFans.com

More Incompetence: Immigration

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by scout, Apr 25, 2006.

1. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

I just watched Lew Dobbs interview Michael Maxwell, a whistle-blower who steped down as head of security and investigations at U.S. Citizens and Immigration Services. He told of hundreds of missing files that had just vanished. While on the job, his investigators were blocked from accessing national security information, including terrorist watch lists. I found a link, but I believe he had more damaging information on the show.
    http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20060409-101254-2696r.htm
    This administration needs to go a away, very soon, and very fast.
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

You think this became a problem just in W's administration ? :rolleyes:
  3. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

Do you think after 9/11 this would be an area that would be clamped down on?
  4. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

Not to mention, that the government is going after this guy and giving him a hard time versus trying to fix the problem. And THAT is business as usual.
  5. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, I will say the problem has increased to the point where now most states have significant numbers of illegals being hired, instead of americans.... I was talking to an illegal mexican in 2oo1 and he said that vicente and bush friendship has made more mexicans want to cross the border...Not my words,his.......
  6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Well I would build a wall but you can't pin immigration issues on Bush, there's no agreement on either side about what to do.
  7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Well, Fox has a good chance to be voted out and replaced by the party that will be worse. At least Fox is trying to have a free market economy and give Mexicans a reason to stay. I'm no fan of his closeness with Bush but things won't get better if he's gone.
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

The "Uncle Teddy Gang" and all the other Democrats LOVE the way Bush has handled the "Illegal Aliens", have you ever heard them "Bash Bush" on the Illegal aliens.
  9. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Normally, I would vote democrat, my reason I prefer their stand with the american worker... I can not believe how bad the working enviroment has become in the last five years, to the point of looking at the independent party...This decade has not been good, crazy how fast, things turned to sh--!!!!
  10. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20060409-101254-2696r.htm

This thread isn't about a wall separating Mexico or policy concerning immigration. Do you remember 9/11? How about the argument that Bush wasn't responsible. How about no one was fired from any law enforcement, no sharing of information. Here we go again, like Katrina, this is a time bomb waiting to go off.
    "breaches and incompetence.
    Most troubling is the revelation that starting in January 2005, most USCIS investigators were blocked from accessing important types of national-security and law-enforcement information, including terrorist watch lists, that they needed to determine whether an applicant should be denied.

a gateway to two dozen law-enforcement and intelligence agencies -- resulted in "a system that rewards criminals and facilitates the movement of terrorists" which Mr. Maxwell believes to be "incapable of ensuring the security of our homeland."
    In other cases, officials failed to match photos and fingerprints on applications; in Texas, officials developed an "auto-adjudication" system in which no official would physically examine an application for signs of fraud.

The problem isn't just for applicants for entry; it is also an inability to investigate immigration officials who have potentially committed criminal acts or espionage.

Then there were mind-boggling instances of incompetence, including parties, vacations and other rewards for officials who processed applications quickly. The entire system is built to facilitate speedy approval of applications, not to scrutinize with care, Mr. Maxwell said.

Troublingly, Homeland Security officials have tried to shut Mr. Maxwell up. "These same officials actually ordered me to ignore national security vulnerabilities I identified, even though my job was to address them."

This story is not finished. Officials who want Mr. Maxwell to keep quiet are trying to cover up their own incompetence. With sunshine as our best disinfectant, it's time to examine what went wrong and why, and who is responsible. "

I don't have the latest link, but files are now missing and Mr. Maxwell is being harrased. Now, I am sure that this department has been a mess for many years before George Bush took office. What is outrageous is knowing that there is a problem in today's terrorist environment and to neglect it and cover it up is just another day at the office for this administration.
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Very true, Boy. Yet another reason to see that there's no real difference between the "two parties". The real reason for doing nothing is that the corporations that use these people own the politicians or will own them soon. I'm sure the cash spigots are wide open from this group of lobbyists. There are two very interested parties that matter here: the ones who want the votes of the illegals and their sympathizers and the ones who want the money of their employers through campaign contributions and perks.
    When the two groups get together...game over.
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Illegal Aliens,
    Stop pandering to them, no more jobs, no more free stuff, no more health care (emergency only) stop treating them as law abiding citizens, TREAT THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE "CRIMINALS" they are criminals breaking our laws.

DO THIS AND THEY WILL RETURN TO WHEREVER THEY CAME FROM ON THEIR OWN, DO THIS AND OTHERS WILL STOP COMING.

ARREST THE PEOPLE THAT HIRE THEM.

WE HAVE BEEN INVADED :bricks: