Welcome to PatsFans.com

More from Rodney

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +197 / 3 / -0

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +512 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

I'd like Rodney to come back in a part time role but he's low on my list of concerns going into next year.

3. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I heard him on Mike Francesca today and he and Mike used the phrase "When I played" and "When you played..." quite a few times.

4. RayClay

RayClay Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +772 / 6 / -10

#75 Jersey

Yeah, that's a lot of theys. Maybe it's an indication he thinks Meriweather's ready to carry the load. I remember Cowens playing with Parish and McHale in camp and just saying "that's it, don't need me anymore".

If that's it, we're losing one of the greats IMO. Hardest working smartest player around. I'd love him back, but he's not the type to hang around and impede the new generation.

5. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

It could be he is just trying to sound like a professional analyst instead of a player being interviewed.

6. vyrago

vyrago 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +13 / 2 / -0

Or it could be that he wants to retire before he gets the hit that permanently injures him. As a player and an interview, he's the best, but this is a game that has put people in continuous pain, in wheelchairs and in nursing homes for the rest of their lives.

7. stinkypete

stinkypete In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

Honestly, I do not think Rodney will be back with the Patriots next year, if he wins a job anywhere. At his age, with his recent injuries and the resulting time off, the odds are against him. Merriweather was the leader of the secondary by the end of the year, and this free agent class is loaded with very good safeties.

8. Spiral

Spiral PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +31 / 4 / -1

I heard him say during one interview this week that he hasn't been able to run at all yet. This is over three months after his injury. That didn't sound good at all. I'm guessing he realizes that he's just not going to be able to run anymore.

I don't know if it was the injury itself, or just the two years it took him to recover, but he was never the same player after he blew out his ACL.

9. Lord_Reginald_III

Lord_Reginald_III Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

that's a great analogy. wasn't all that impressed with sanders' consistency last year but meriweather definitely made a leap. he just needs to hit the weights, but his hands were night & day from the year prior. & who knows, maybe one of the youngins bill drafted in the backfield is better than we think. hard to tell with all the injuries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.