Welcome to PatsFans.com

More Free Money May be on the Way....

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

How so? Be specific. The "cash for clunkers" program wasn't. It just pulled 8 months of "car buyers" into a 2 months window (ensuring 6 quiet months after), and got them to switch out American made products with Foreign ones (mostly Japanese).

Oh yeah, and it cost the American taxpayers 3 Billion.

p.s Money taken out of the economy via taxation and then put back in via a program like this is just a shell game. It's only putting stuff in that was taken out in the first place. How does that help the economy?
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

Yeah but, stupid is as stupid does. :D
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

Best post of the thread so far!

Great stuff PiNY!
  4. Real World

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

The people who like idea's like this, are the one's who've never had any business experience. You don't take spend $10, to make $2.

If the gubmit is going to give me $12,000 to spend, it has to take that $12,000k from somewhere, or someone. On top of that, is how much the gubmit is going to need outside of that $12,000, to fund the process of confiscating said funds, creating the beaurocracy that needs to allocate it, while also funding the adminstration required to oversee the policies implementation. So that $12k you read about, is probably more like $20k in the end. GROSS. Also, while buying more appliances might put more people to work in theory, one needs to wonder, what country those workers are actually employed in. Are we putting Korea's LG employees to work? Or pushing Samsung to hire more people? Plus, buying new appliances is a short term fix. It does nothing to promote long term growth. What the gubmit should be doing, is reducing the cost of doing business, in this country. Give people an incentive to do business here.
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

AMEN! You're right RW!
  6. Bigdogx

Bigdogx Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Really patters we could have a politician who wipes his @ss with tax payer one hundred dollar bills and you would try and find some justification for it as long as a D was next to their last name! Do you have any original thoughts for yourself or is it always to tow the party line no matter what?:confused:

Yeah such a great idea using billions of tax dollars to buy more crap from china, worked out great for Toyota and Honda during our cash for clunker deal!:rolleyes:
  7. Real World

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

Free cake and ice cream for everybody. So long as I'm not buying. :D
  8. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

How about you get Doc Brown's DeLorean and go back a couple of decades and make sure the federal government knows that for us. Thanks! :)
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

Sure, no problem. Just let me look up some of the last few years winning lottery numbers first. :D
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

How do you figure that? Please explain that.
  11. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

I think the cash for clunkers program helped sustain the auto companies and dealers during a very critical time. And I think many people bought better cars than they otherwise would have because of the program. The auto industry the last I read is showing signs of recovery.

This program too will promote energy efficiency, get people to buy products that employ a lot of American workers, and provide another boost for the economy.

That said, I think we need to raise taxes on the wealthy, and I think that will happen in a matter of time. The fact is Obama's strategy has taken a worse recession than the one Reagan inherited and it appears to have already bottomed out, faster than the Carter recession. You might not like the approach, but so far it seems to be working.
  12. Run DMC

Run DMC Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I'm ready to reload all of my appliances in the house I just recently purchased. If it's free, it's for me. Yay, free money!
  13. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

I'm gonna get about $20K in gov't money this year just buying stuff I'd be buying regardless!

What a country!

I'm gonna get a new fridge, washer, dryer and stove....oh, and the $8k for buying my house. Meanwhile, po' people won't be able to get any of this money....I thought democrats hated when that happened?:D
  14. Real World

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

Here's some advice to you, and everyone else. If this passes, you should go out, and sell your current appliances if they are worth anything, and pick up some clunkers at a flea market, to trade in for your new gear. You'll not only get new appliances for "free", but you'll make some coin from selling the one's you currently have. Oh, and those sales will be for straight cash homie.

Is there any chocolate chip left? How about some cookie dough then?
  15. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Greats, now they will wind up closing that loophole now!

Thanks alot for broadcasting that! :mad::D
  16. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The fact that you could actually prosper from one of these programs is just terrible. We all have to pay for this in the end. The fact that these bozos haven't put enough thought into these plans to stop the pillaging just boggles my mind. These guys don't care because it's not their money. The whole thing just seems more outlandish and flawed than ever. The more I hear or see from these clowns the more I feel like I am living out a certain Charles Dickens novel, man.......

Good luck...... Not too much though.....
  17. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

And yet we have people here saying

"I like this idea!"
    or
    "I don't see anything wrong with this plan."
    and even....
    "Hey, this should really help get our economy going!"

But anyone with an ounce of honesty knows that this is just plain stupid.

Hint: But they won't admit it here.

This is a program that targets people with money. TRue liberals don't like that even if they can't be honest here on this board. Hey, maybe some liberals will even claim this plan will have a "trickle-down effect"! :rofl:
  18. Real World

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

I never did find out what happened to the cars that were "traded" in, during that cash for clunkers deal. Anyone know? I've always specualted that we'll eventually find out that the program was ripe with all kinds of fraud. It just makes no sense to take vehicles that were perfectly usable, and scrap them for junk. I bet they ended up in Africa, the ME, or maybe SE Asia. Who knows.
  19. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Do you really believe this... if you do I know about a bridge..

The reality is that to get the 12k right now, which I do not believe will happen, you need to use 24K in insulation & products, which is a lot of insulation..... still think there will be a tax credit instead of a check..

The appliance rebate reality has already been shown, it is for the more expensive energy star appliance...

Better get moving on buying a house, I believe the 8K rebate ends in April... 4months can be a short time frame..

If you do superinsulate your house, and get rebates on energy star appliances you will benefit you in the long run.. unless the right really believes it is good to give extra to the energy companies...

Personally the less I pay to these folks the better off I am.. it is about personal economics, not partisan politics...
  20. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

Whether it's a tax credit or a check, it's the same thing. What's the difference? Either way, you get the money.