Welcome to PatsFans.com

More Free Money May be on the Way....

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Dec 15, 2009.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

Yup, Obama has proposed a possible $12,000 credit to improve energy efficiency in your home. That will include appliances like stoves, air conditioners and refridgerators.

Hey, even if your home is already efficient, but you want or need new appliances, get in line because the $12 grand is yours for the taking!

When I buy my house...before April so I can get the $8,000 first time home buyers credit even though I dont need it....I might just buy all new appliances even if I don't need it cause there is $12 grand MORE for me to take....even though I don't need it.

This gov't is so generous! I'm gonna get $20 grand for buying stuff I'd buy anyway!

Thank you president Obama!

"If the bill passes, and you have major appliances that are going to need to be replaced in a few years, you may as well take advantage of half off.

Right now I do have 9-year old air conditioning units, and if Obama obliges I will likely replace them for half-off. All this will do is shift demand forward. Without government handing out free money I would wait until they break rather than speculating on when they might.

Yet, if the plan passes and I can get something I need for half-off I will do it and I recommend you do too (provided you needed the work done in the first place). By the way, note the incentive that consumers and businesses have to not do anything until government hands out more free money to act."

Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis: Obama's "Cash for Caulkers" Yet Another Clunk Idea

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  2. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Hahaha I'm enjoying the sarcasm sir. I just got a new wood stove insert for my house though, so he better do this thing up quick so I can get MY money that I'm ENTITLED too! :)

3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

This guy can't be serious?

4. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

DEAD SERIOUS.....You wanna help me do something to stop this RW?;)

5. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Election year politics and a rubber stamp Congress who whole heartily supports his every waking moment does that to a President.

6. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

I'm speechless pal. This is what happens when you elect people to office, who have zero real life experience, are millionaires who don't understand the life of the common man, or who are solely interested in the ideology they hold true. Oh, and I'm not talking about only Obama here. I'm talking about the greater political landscape in this country. Who in politics really gets it anymore? I'm almost fed up with it all.

7. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

You & I are of one opinion here RW. And to think that some will comment later in support of such waste.:rolleyes:

8. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

No shet. Someone will come in here and talk about how we'll save energy, and we'll sprout new business, etc. etc. etc. Meanwhile, the minority will ask the most important question, and that's "who's going to pay for all this?".

Cake and ice cream for everyone.

9. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

And don't forget about the CHILDREN!

10. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

I knew it, I knew that CNN and CNN/Money was secretly a right wing tool...I just missed the memo......From CNN/money

Cash for Caulkers could mean $12K per home - Dec. 8, 2009

The administration didn't provide immediate details, but said it would work with Congress on crafting legislation. Steve Nadel, director at the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy, who's advising on the bill, said a homeowner could receive up to $12,000 in rebates.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

I tried to warn the people and have been called a Racist ever since, America now has their "Poster Boy" he is The President Of The United States Of America live with it and God Help Our Children

12. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

If spending what you don't have is what got us into this mess in the first place. We sure aren't quick learners......

13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +374 / 11 / -28

Upon further review I was wrong... it is coming from the unspent TARP money...

Cash for Caulkers | 12000 Home Energy Efficiency Rebate Stimulus Program

14. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Get ready for $800 lightbulbs and $4000 showerheads......

15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +374 / 11 / -28

Sounds like the military...

16. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

Leftover TARP money should be put back where it came from (reducing the deficit that we borrowed to get it), it's not supposed to be barack and nancy's personal spending account.

17. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

Darryl....seriously...wtf is wrong with you? You question everything republican & defend everything proposed by the democrats. Do you realize just how ridiculous that is?

MY SOURCE IS CNN BUDDY.

So why did you write that YOUR source is more reliable. The link I posted is to Mish's Global Economic Analysis. But had you actually gone to that link, you would have seen that Mish's source is CNN.

Here's the link to that "Reliable" source....along with the $12k proposed by Obama. So swallow this whole bro....it is indeed a fact. I never said this was a done deal, it's an Obama proposal.

Cash for Caulkers could mean $12K per home - Dec. 8, 2009

And just to PROVE you wrong, here's a direct quote from CNN....

Cash for Caulkers could seal $12,000 a home

"NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- President Obama proposed a new program Tuesday that would reimburse homeowners for energy-efficient appliances and insulation, part of a broader plan to stimulate the economy.

The administration didn't provide immediate details, but said it would work with Congress on crafting legislation. Steve Nadel, director at the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy, who's advising on the bill, said a homeowner could receive up to $12,000 in rebates"

The headline SHOUTS out the $12 grand!:rolleyes:

18. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

Ok....good for you Darryl! I respect when people can admit they were wrong. I take my comments above back.

But, you really should hold off on your defense of Obama next time until you're sure. It shouldn't be a "knee-jerk" reaction for you.

19. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +374 / 11 / -28

And you should delete your previous post... talk about Knee jerk reaction.

20. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

Duh....Darryl....I DID take my original comments back when I wrote.

"Ok....good for you Darryl! I respect when people can admit they were wrong. I take my comments back above back."

I don't think you understand....I didn't have any knee jerk reaction as I knew you were wrong. You DID have a knee jerk reaction because you defended Obama's proposal and dismissed a solid source as something unreliable.

What comment did I make that was in your opinion, knee jerk?