PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More "experts"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3091344

Tom Brady has had a better career than Peyton Manning, but Manning has the slight edge as the game's best quarterback. That may sound crazy, with Brady on pace to shatter Manning's touchdown record of 49. But Manning manages the game in a manner that puts so much pressure on the opposing quarterback to score touchdowns. Like Brady, Manning can come from behind with two or three touchdown drives in the fourth quarter. Plus, the Colts' defense doesn't give up the big plays that it did a year ago.
clayton's golden nugget

he's drunk on manjuice

Chadiha makes the point that the Colts have beaten tougher teams and then he points to Jacksonville.

Let me ask you all a question: tomorrow is the championship game (AFC or Super Bowl). Which team would you rather face? San Diego, Dallas or Jacksonville?

Jacksonville is way, way ahead of the other two in this answer. What kind of idiot thinks Jacksonville is a better team than San Diego or Dallas?

This is related to the other ESPN picks, but does anyone know why Mike Golic ALWAYS picks against the Patriots in big games? Hopefully I'm not the only one who notices this. If you could take a look at his history of picking, he picks against the Patriots in any game where he's slightly convinced that they won't win.

Take a look at week 2. Guess who was the only one to pick the Chargers? You got it!

I wish that someone rounded up the experts, and put them in the octagon together, and locked the gate, and played creepy halloween music, and told them that the last one standing gets to be "THE Expert." Now that would be a show I would watch.

How long would clayton last? Oh man that would be just the best.

I am shocked, simply shocked that the mediots extoll the Colts superiority because THEY played mighty Jville, a team with a backup QB who does not belong in the NFL while the Pats faced pushovers like SD and Dallas.

Once again into the breach folks, why pay ANY attention to the mediots when their superficial analysis is demonstrably and repeatedly inferior to that published here and on other Patriots sites? Why???

Last edited:
I don't get the whole Jax thing either.
They are overrated.

This is related to the other ESPN picks, but does anyone know why Mike Golic ALWAYS picks against the Patriots in big games? Hopefully I'm not the only one who notices this. If you could take a look at his history of picking, he picks against the Patriots in any game where he's slightly convinced that they won't win.

Take a look at week 2. Guess who was the only one to pick the Chargers? You got it!

Golic, Schlereth, Hoge and a couple others (like Tom Jackson) will pick against the Patriots regularly if not for stupidity, then for pure jealousy/hatred for our team.

For Jackson: He has despised the Patriots since Lawyer Milloy was cut and he reported that the Patriot Players 'hated their coach". Yeah. We hated him so much we won the SuperBowl that year.

Golic played a couple of years with Miami but was otherwise in the NFC and I can't understand why he has a problem with picking the Patriots to win. But he has an obvious problem with us.

Schlereth played with the Broncos and has all but publicly stated he hates our organization. I have come to look at him as one of the most idiotic retired NFL players to have a job as an analyst. As a former NFL player it is amazing sometimes how wrong he is.

Hoge played for the Steelers and therefore, has an inbred reason to not like us. But I have noticed that he has slowly backed off going against us. Some people despite constantly getting kicked in the head never learn. I put Schlereth and Golic in that category. I think Hoge is slowly coming around.

I disagree about Schlerath, out of all the analysts i think he is the most reasonable and unbiased. Yes there are times when he sounds like he is hating on the pats, but frankly i can see why he would say some of the stuff he says. For the most part however he is pretty fair with the Pats and more often than not he picks us to win and gives us plenty of credit.

Hodge on the other hand is very very biased, there is no doubt he favors the steelers and the colts. Out of all the years i have seen him analyze the Patriots, i found it very rare for him to pick us in big matchups. I dont know what his deal is but this guy does not deserve to be an analyst.

You guys have to remember most national "experts" are not hardcore pats fans like us! Frankly i like that because if everyone had no bad comment on the pats or never picked against them, then i wouldnt even bother watching or reading there opinions.

on a side note: ESPN ruined Monday Night Football

-horrible hosts who are hardly insightful
-horrible camera angles at times, box score, and game direction
-there is no need for 3 announcers at a time.
-random guests who talk about random stuff! i wanna watch football not Live with Regis and Kornheizer.

anyone else agree with me?

Last edited:
I too think its funny how people point to Jacksonville when saying Indy has played tougher opponents. IMO, Jacksonville is more comparable to Washington (especially with that terrible QB) than they are to Dallas or San Diego. Both Washington and Jacksonville were destroyed, but I think its clear that Washington was beaten down worse.

Golic, Schlereth, Hoge and a couple others (like Tom Jackson) will pick against the Patriots regularly if not for stupidity, then for pure jealousy/hatred for our team.

For Jackson: He has despised the Patriots since Lawyer Milloy was cut and he reported that the Patriot Players 'hated their coach". Yeah. We hated him so much we won the SuperBowl that year.

Golic played a couple of years with Miami but was otherwise in the NFC and I can't understand why he has a problem with picking the Patriots to win. But he has an obvious problem with us.

Schlereth played with the Broncos and has all but publicly stated he hates our organization. I have come to look at him as one of the most idiotic retired NFL players to have a job as an analyst. As a former NFL player it is amazing sometimes how wrong he is.

Hoge played for the Steelers and therefore, has an inbred reason to not like us. But I have noticed that he has slowly backed off going against us. Some people despite constantly getting kicked in the head never learn. I put Schlereth and Golic in that category. I think Hoge is slowly coming around.
I don't think Golic is that bad, some people like to pick the underdog cuz everyone remembers they went out on a limb, But Schlereth is a complete baffoon. He was talking how the pats are making a huge target on their back by "Running up the Score". So who cares how big that target gets, it's not gonna help them stop all thoose TD's that are being put up. This isn't Survivour, you can't get Voted off, someone has to come and take it from us, and thats not gonna happen this year.

on a side note: ESPN ruined Monday Night Football

-horrible hosts who are hardly insightful
-horrible camera angles at times, box score, and game direction
-there is no need for 3 announcers at a time.
-random guests who talk about random stuff! i wanna watch football not Live with Regis and Kornheizer.

anyone else agree with me?

Coune me in! My 2 cents: how about showing some frigging REPLAYS on the key plays, especially when they didn't show the play in real time because the announcers are busy talking with the guest or giving their views on (for example: Jay Cutler)?

All of the above people are meatheads. I'm talking about these mediots you are speaking of.

You could add to that list alot more... they are NOT experts of any kind.

I recommend Fitzy as the Pats media expert.

I don't care about others not picking us or being critical on our plays/actions. It is always good to know other points.

But if they blindly attack (as Schlereth does on the spygate) or spout views without investigating (Tom Jackson) or simply hate us because we thrashed them (Marshall Faulk, sore loser for example), then it is a different story.

Marshall Faulk....sigh... can't any of his co-hosts at least request him to be a bit objective??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back