PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More evidence Giants "just happy to be there" (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Notice when Giants players came off the plane in Phoenix a bunch of them (including Strahan) had their personal videocams going. NOT ONE Patriot walked off the plane with a videocam. All business for the AFC champs! :rocker:

Re: More evidence Giants "just happy to be there"

Plus I read somewhere that most of them were dressed in black as if by arrangement. If true, they are certainly giving a lot of importance to their off-field looks and plans. Hope that continues well into the game day. :D

Plus I read somewhere that most of them were dressed in black as if by arrangement. If true, they are certainly giving a lot of importance to their off-field looks and plans. Hope that continues well into the game day. :D

It's their funeral...

Folks often dress in black attending a funeral (in this case their own). Word is that Stephen King is interested in that videocam footage for his next horror flick.

The Patriots had videocameras at their first super bowl also. I'm sure players have had cameras at all of them.

IMO there are times to enjoy it and times to be 100% business. Getting off the plane is not a 100% business time.

To me the dead giveaway is Strahan half-joking about how the last time the Giants got to a Superbowl they got beat by the Ravens and they finally get back only to face an undefeated team...

To me the dead giveaway is Strahan half-joking about how the last time the Giants got to a Superbowl they got beat by the Ravens and they finally get back only to face an undefeated team...

Strahan is a huge self-promoter and I think that's just as important if not moreso to him than trying to win this game. That promo commercial they keep running about him finding a woman's dress in his locker and then dancing and singing into a microphone is odd. Talk about distraction. BB would never allow one of his players to do that.

Unfortunately, being "happy to be there" and still wanting/trying to win are not mutually exclusive.

I'm sure the Patriots don't count on the Giants "just being happy to be there" come game time, and neither will I.

Strahan is a huge self-promoter and I think that's just as important if not moreso to him than trying to win this game. That promo commercial they keep running about him finding a woman's dress in his locker and then dancing and singing into a microphone is odd. Talk about distraction. BB would never allow one of his players to do that.

He actually said to some mediot this week, when asked if he'd be upset if he had retired (instead of just disruptively skipping camp which he freely admits set him back 3-4 weeks as the season began...) and the Giants were in the Superbowl - if I had retired they wouldn't be. LOL

Men In Black

The MIB. from space have arrived. The space I'm referring to is Strahans pug. Hope he use's the runners up money and get's his yapper fixed.:D

Last edited:

many of the Pats players DID have their videocams, and they shot pictures of Pats fans from the windows of the busses as they drove by on their way into the hotel.

It is a very common practice for players to used video cams during Super Bowl week to make personal recordings of the events for their personal viewing.

You will see many of them today, at media day.

Giants wore black to symbolize that this is a business trip. Nothing more, nothing less.

The Patriots had videocameras at their first super bowl also. I'm sure players have had cameras at all of them.

Don't ruin the homer-fest.

Giants wore black to symbolize that this is a business trip. Nothing more, nothing less.

I didn't know you had to "symbolize" a business trip.

What’s with all of this symbolism talk about their suits, they could be dressed in pastel and they still are going to get crushed

Last edited:
Doesn't a black suit symbolize death, like going to a funeral, like marching to their demise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down