PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More ESPN Bogus Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjbaker

Rookie
Reaction score
ESPN and Skip Bayless on First and 10 just actually said that they didn't feel taking away draft picks would effect the patriots because they haven't been very reliant on them. You have got to be kidding me. Have they not looked at the roster leading up to this season. The offenseive line, the d-line all are draft picked oriented. For years we heard the patriots are draft day masters knowing how to find great talent, now we hear that the pats are not relient on draft picks. Does ESPN have just complete blinders. Somebody please tell me this angers you as much as it has me

It's not the first time that people have made that mistake this year.

Dan Patrick of all people said, back in March, that "everybody's getting younger through the draft . . . except the New England Patriots," and that, apparently, because they brought in 30-year-old Adalius Thomas.

Why, it's just Skip Bayless, AKA Clueless. Don't get yourself in a lather. There are lots of experts chiming in. You don't want to be left out during this media frenzy. Anyone who's anyone has an opinion. Forget facts, it's just a deposit into your 15 minutes.

ESPN and Skip Bayless on First and 10 just actually said that they didn't feel taking away draft picks would effect the patriots because they haven't been very reliant on them. You have got to be kidding me. Have they not looked at the roster leading up to this season. The offenseive line, the d-line all are draft picked oriented. For years we heard the patriots are draft day masters knowing how to find great talent, now we hear that the pats are not relient on draft picks. Does ESPN have just complete blinders. Somebody please tell me this angers you as much as it has me

Coming from ESPN it is not surprising. They have an handful of good reporters on staff and the rest are really, really awful. They are simply there to stoke the flames and increase the interest in the story. It is what the sports media does in general, so maybe you can' really blame them...if each one of them came out and talked reasonable, accurately, and honestly about stories, it would probably be pretty boring for most people.

Your first mistake is not running screaming from the TV when you know that Skippy is going to be on it. Just changing the channel isn't enough to insulate a viewer from his stupidity.

It's all about stoking expectations: The media want to tear down the Pats , and see the harshest penalty possible - so they are running stories that are designed to make viewers raise the bar of expectations of what punishment is appropriate - thereby creating pressure on the league to do so. That's why this needs to be done with quick, because it will just pile up over time.

It happens all the time in the way the media treats politicians in this country. A politician from one party who has his foot too close to someone else in a public restroom HAS to resign. While a politician from another party who had his home busted as the center of a gay prostitution ring .... well let's just say he's still in Congress (no pun intended).

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back