Welcome to PatsFans.com

More embarrassment for Fox News

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Seymour93, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Link has video - http://thinkprogress.org/2007/04/27/fox-parody/

I don't know what's sadder, Fox News buying an Onion-esque FAKE news story or their idiotic, sheep-like viewers who then subsequently sent hate mail to the school district after watching this bogus report.

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

Geez, who would've ever thunk they would do anything like this?? Fox News they only tell the truth..

BE interesting to see if any of the right wing talkers pick this up and run with it.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  3. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Am I the only who can't help but be amused at the radical left's constant obsession with Fox News..? :rofl: :rofl:

By the way, what exactly did Fox News report that was untrue..? Sorry, but I don't consider "Think Progressive" to be an unbiased source of relating what Fox News said.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  4. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Fox News reported that the school district was working with the Center for the Prevention of Hate Violence to create an "anti-ham response".

They reported that a school official said, "These children have got to learn that ham is not a toy."

They also reported that an official with the Center for Prevention of Hate Violence said, "Placing ham where Muslim students are eating is an awful thing. It's extraordinarily hurtful and degrading. They probably felt they were back in Mogadishu starving and being shot at."

The hosts repeated four times that they were not making anything up. It turns out they didn't make anything up, they were reporting an Onion-like parody article as real news.
  5. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

I get it. You don't really mean that. You're just doing a parody, right?

If not, it says volumes about how "high" the conservative standard for truthful news is these days.
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

that's interesting... what about your obsession with the "liberal media" then?
  7. mr3putt

mr3putt Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I didn't know the Circus had standards :D
  8. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

Don't insult circuses with that comparison!
  9. mr3putt

mr3putt Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You are right :rofl:
  10. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You have got to be kidding me. If you ever watched Fox & Friends you would know that this sort of tongue-in-cheek, wise-ass remarks are thrown around all the time.

If you honestly think this was meant as a serious piece of journalism, and not a tongue-in-cheek example of how ridiculous our society is, then I have some cattle futures you may be interested in. Sorry if I don't take the word of "Think Progressive" or other members of the loony left like yourself, Shmessy or Mr3IQ. ("ME USED TO BE BOXER AND ME NO LIKE YOU!! ME BASH YOU!!")

I have a tangential question I'd like to see you answer (but I know you won't): Do you consider Dan Rather and CBS News to be a source of integrity in journalism..?
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

Fox News
    Now We Know Both Sides Of The Story

CBS--NBC--ABC--PBS REPORTS
    Then Fox tells us everything they didn't want us to know.

Walter Cronkite & Dan Rather have been put out to pasture.

IT'S A WHOLE NEW BALL GAME

Cute Perky Mushy Katie will be the next to fall, if she smartened up and told us all the things Fox tells us she would be in her job for life.

WE WANT THE WHOLE STORY----FOX GIVES IT TO US
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Fox needs to put out a new show: "60 Years"

It'll be about the chipping away of basic human values in America during this time period.

//
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

Amen, Amen brother Fog Amen.
  14. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well if you refuse to watch the video that Think Progress provides of them saying over and over again that they're not making anything up.... AOL is reporting on the exact same story and so is far-right blog Powerline.

http://newsbloggers.aol.com/2007/04/27/fox-caught-running-a-made-up-story-on-air/

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/017430.php

More so than Fox News.
  15. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This demonstrates how desperate the 30% of america that are still loyal Bushies have become. Their hate is more clearly apparent to the masses by the day, and people are rejecting these shows. Some people on the far right must change the topic just to avoid the constant defending of their own twisted principles.

Just the fact that this type of vitriol has reached this level of nationalization should be cause for concern. Its okay to be satirical, just dont pass it off as news.

Imus was doing the same type of parody that Fox conflates as news at what the 30%ers still consider a "legitimate" fair and balanced news outlet. He was fired when his ads started getting pulled. I think it was harsh, but it was the invisible hand of the market at work.

As more of us reject Fox News as a "news" organization, the losses will continue to mount for them. Thanks for doing your part Sey.

Simply change the channel for your news folks. Fox is bogus: 80%commentary, 15% tabloid and 5% journalism. Fox is an insult to real journalists everywhere. Without Fox Drudge and Limbaugh, that loyal Bushie-willfully ignorant figure will be down to about 5%. Which is the roughly the % of clinically psychotic/delusional in the US.
  16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

MEMO
    To: neocon rumpswabs

When confronted about idiotic behavior...I mean...conflicts with the truth, regarding members of this organization including Rush or FOX always make a counter reference to Dan Rather, Al Franken or Bill Clinton (Jimmy Carter is OK, too). This will work eventually and if it doesn't, so what?
  17. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +305 / 4 / -2

An intelligent person knows what channels slant which way, or which hosts hold a particular POV. It's not by accident that certain political candidates are frequenters of certain channels and shows. The only logical policy an objective person will follow is to watch as many different sources as is possible. Most people do that. Ahem, most intelligent people do that. :D

Wistah, what you say is valid, however, flip the particulars in your statement and it holds the same basic truth.

**I edited this**

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  18. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

While you have a point, the left has not until recently used its muscle to push the agenda the way the right has since the early 90s. Now we are seeing a balancing effect and it comes in the form of Gores greatest invention- the internet.:D

This technology will soon make Rushbo obsolete in the market as noone under 50 listens to that crapola on the radio, and Fox viewership remains static while Olbermann is skyrocketing.

Since you are the only objective one here, RW, There is a great book you should read by Joe Conason

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Lies-Righ...8716735?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1177945737&sr=8-2
  19. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +305 / 4 / -2

The left hasn't pushed any agendas till Fox right? C'mon now. The left has had a monopoly on media bias for generations. Maybe their "push" wasn't evident in peoples eyes because there wasn't a FOX type counterpart to have to deal with. When FOX came onto the scene, they provided the alternative perspective, and thus we have what we see today, a media war. I find it funny how upset the left gets over FOX News playing to the opposite side. The left acts as if there's never been a slant, or any bias, and that FOX is the one who's now breaking the rules of bias and objectivity. It sounds so sour grapes sometimes. To me, that's funny. Sounds like a Yankees fan complaining about the RedSox spending money on payroll the last few years. The sad part of all this is that media slants at all. Media should be as objective as is humanly possible. The fact of the matter is it hasn't been. Reporters are people, and obvioulsy people are human, which means that stories will sometimes be run with the reporters POV. We can understand, and deal with that. Where I have a problem, is the entire network having a particualr POV. I used to be a Tom Brokaw, NBC News guy. I watched EVERY night since I was a kid during dinner (my dad always had us wathcing the news). Only when I got older did I learn about slants and bias', and their's became obvious and aparent. Just as Fox has bias, so do the rest.

As for technology making people obsolete, it's also doing a number on print media, or newspapers. Circulation is way, way down.

We've been over the Odorman numbers in here before. Like I've always said, numbers can be Arthor Anderson'd in lots of different ways. I love numbers, as I'm a stats geek, so I've learned to read into the numbers people put out to support a POV.
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

Dan Rather
    Bill Moyer
    Walter Cronkite
    Connie Dung
    Perky Katie
    Matt Lauer
    Tom Brokaw
    Tim Russert