Welcome to PatsFans.com

More election incompetence by the right

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +351 / 15 / -11

Never mind that Romney failed to manage his campaign -- with a GOTV application (ORCA) that failed miserably, enormous wasted efforts in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, and other states -- he's obviously not a very good manager. But, really, to show just how inept the Tea Party Republicans are, consider the problems Florida had with its elections (you even have Alan West complaining about the election system), Ohio had with its, and Arizona had with its.

Now, of course, liberals will say these were not acts of incompetence, but rather acts of racism and disenfranchisement, but being fair-minded I'm willing to consider that Tea Party leaders are not anti-democracy racists, they are in many cases incompetent.

Arizona Races Still Hang in the Balance Over Uncounted Votes - NYTimes.com

PHOENIX — Three days after the election, the outcome of several races remained a mystery in Arizona as officials struggle to count a record number of early and provisional ballots, many of them cast by voters who believed they had registered but whose names were not on the voter rolls at the polling place.

On Thursday, Secretary of State Ken Bennett revealed the magnitude of the situation: 631,274 votes remained uncounted, he said, more than in any presidential election in memory and enough to anger voting- and immigrant-rights advocates, who have called on the Justice Department to investigate.

The advocates, who have been staging nearly continuous protests outside the Maricopa County Tabulation and Election Center, where most of the votes are being tallied, have raised accusations of disenfranchisement, saying the same Latino voters they worked so diligently to register may have been disproportionately affected. Based on accounts they have been collecting since before the polls closed, among the 115,000 voters who cast provisional ballots in Maricopa County on Tuesday were many first-time minority voters who signed up to get their ballots by mail, but never did.

2. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0

I don't think you can say he is a bad manager. He was campaigning, his campaign manager could draw that criticism. You want to believe he is a bad manager, to reinforce your internal doubts about the abilities of the Potus. Don't project your doubts onto Romney, he was just the candidate. Now the candidate Romney, sucked at times. He needs to get back to the board room.

3. Patters

Ratings:
    +351 / 15 / -11

In my view the buck stops with the guy in charge. That can be unfair, but there's no other way to draw comparisons otherwise.

4. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0

Fair enough, but bad seems like a poor conclusion to draw. Two good teams play in the NFL, the one that loses isn't bad, it just lost. Now you can breakdown the mistakes that his campaign made, but I certainly don't look at him as a poor manager. We all however, are entitled to our own opinions. I just fiigure you could come up with better conclusions?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  5. Patters

Ratings:
    +351 / 15 / -11

Relative to Belichick, Ryan is a bad coach, but he's still good enough to play in the NFL. When I look at the way Romney's campaign and SuperPacs wasted money, I think there were some serious problems that no one was addressing. Apparently, they're technical ability, polling ability, and strategic planning were all fairly flawed. That said, I'm measuring it compared to the very effective approach of the Obama campaign. If Belichick wasn't in the NFL, Ryan might seem like a great coach!

6. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

So far the "gloating" has been good natured but Patters you've crossed the line. Any 2nd tier coach would have worked but to use the Jets coach? Shame on you.;)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  7. Hamar

Hamar In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +221 / 0 / -2

If you want to see incompetence just look at our federal government as a whole. It is a seething mass of incompetence and corruption that is so entwined that there is no hope of ever straightening that mess out. It doesn't matter if there is an R next to their name or a D, either way we are screwed.

8. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +721 / 11 / -7

Why do you hate the United States Armed Forces, Hamar?

9. Hamar

Ratings:
    +221 / 0 / -2

I don't hate the United States Armed Forces, I just hate what our political system has become.

10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +519 / 14 / -28

11. Hamar

Ratings:
    +221 / 0 / -2

Cute, now look in the mirror and realize that you as as partisan as partisan gets :) Sad, but true.