Welcome to PatsFans.com

More economic good news...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Dec 23, 2009.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +703 / 20 / -30

saw a similar story initially in Mass and this AM in RI... there will be those who will denigrate this story, those who want Obama and this country to fail.. but without regard for the doomsday ain't it awful folks it is good news... the yea buts will undoubtedly ensue..

R.I. house sales up, prices rise for 1st time in three years | Rhode Island news | projo.com | The Providence Journal

It was the first time since July of 2006 that the median house price in Rhode Island was up in a year-to-year comparison.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +491 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Darryl...I just know you've been waiting for a reply from me. And if you could get honest with yourself, you'd admit (at least to yourself) that the main reason you posted this thread is to counter threads that discuss how bad the economy is.

So I'll make you happy.

THE ECONOMY IS STILL IN THE TANK AND IS TEETERING BY A THREAD.

The November numbers are an apparition. They are ARTIFICIALLY inflated because of the huge number of buyers who "thought" the first time buyers $8,000 credit would expire at the end of November (as it was originally intended to do).

Talk to a mortgage broker or RE agent and they'll tell you exactly what I'm telling you. I'm looking for a home myself, so I know.

NOW....let me also tell you moving forward that homes (lower-end homes) will continue to improve since the First-time home buyer's credit has been both expanded AND extended through April.

From experience, we now know for a fact that anything that artificially inflates any sector of our economy is very bad. As you know, that's called "Bubble-Economics"...and it is THE CAUSE of this recession.

Whether it's the Stimulus, Cash for Clunkers or the First Time Home Buyers Credit, all they do is move demand forward. All of these MUST end and when they do, sales will dive. We can't keep these things going indefinately and I know you agree.

Did you also get excited over the huge increase in auto sales just before the cash for clunkers program ended? Because as an FYI....auto sales are back in the toilet now. Gee, maybe you'd even support Obama re-initiating the cash for clunkers program. But what do you know about economic theory?:rolleyes:

And do not reply with a "I just knew some would reply negatively!" BS. It's a waste of your finger movement.

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +703 / 20 / -30

Predictable, the yea but has awoken... any news is good news.

If you think I am baiting you, let me remind you of something learned, you cannot be baited unless you allow yourself to be baited... it is that self control thing.

4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +491 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I LIKE being baited Darryl!

THANK YOU!

May I have another?:D

5. ljuneau

ljuneau Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Nice to see the RI housing market has improved. But the country as a whole paints a different picture.

New Home Sales Fall Sharply in November

6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +696 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey