Welcome to PatsFans.com

More economic gloom and doom:

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Run DMC, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Run DMC

Run DMC In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +43 / 7 / -7

#24 Jersey

2. ljuneau

ljuneau Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I agree with many points of the article. Couple what's there with our government's unwillingness to enact a competent energy policy, and it doesn't look good. At some point, the sh*t is going to hit the fan.

One thing, however, it won't matter if McCain or Obama is in office. In fact Obama will likely make things worse faster if he tries to introduce all the new social programs he has proposed.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  3. Run DMC

Run DMC In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +43 / 7 / -7

#24 Jersey

I sarcastically call it "operation elect McCain". No matter who gets the nod, we are going to have to deal with alot of economic pain. It is not going to be fun.

4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +564 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Wow...what an informative article! The best part about it is that it's all fact based. No economic theory mumbo-jumbo...just the facts. We have become a nation obsessed by the illusion of wealth. Not REAL wealth, but the illusion. And we've done it buy CONSUMING waaaayyyy more than we need.

Funny thing is, they'll be a few here that will refuse to read that article. Seems like they just want to cover their eyes & ears and mumble "nah, nah, nah...." whenever bad economic news comes around. Go figure!

How could we have been so stupid to spend more than we make? Can someone please tell me? How does a nation like the United States of America become a negative saver?

The answer is embarressing...just plain GREED. Yup...just keepin' up with the Jones', that's all. We've lost our sanity, collectively! We became a stupid country and now we all have to pay the price and get back to the basics. Just like grampa always said "save 10% of your earnings and you'll be ok. Now that's not too difficult, is it?:rolleyes:

5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

"I wish you could see the sunrise out here..."

http://www.grooveking.com/blog/uploaded_images/g-738997.jpg

6. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +564 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Its that scene in Wall Street...I was giving your "Greed" props in an abstract way.

ie Gordon Gekko's "Greed is GOOD"

Its just my favorite scene in the movie, where Gekko gets up, calls Charlie Sheen to tell him to wake up....but mostly to brag that hes on a 'cell phone' outdoors and can see the sunrise while at the same time...making a call. Also, the phone is HUGE, and quite comical.

8. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +564 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

lol...pardon me...it's been a long week. I left for LA Sunday morning, took the red-eye back Wed. night and worked til 9pm last night plus another 12 hours today (man, is that bragging?:rolleyes:)

That was a great movie. it's funny how some scenes in old movies are so obviously outdated it's embaressing. Thanks for getting me straight on that!

NOW I get it!:rofl: