PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More Dumb Jets...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzPatsFan

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Having been over to the Jets Boards It's slowly dawning on deluded Jets fans that any reasonably good Coach is not just praying for an invitation to Coach the Jets.

Cower has been rumored to have said that the Jets are a "Dysfunctional organization". He turned them down flat; without even attending or listening to a full Jets proposal.

But the richest most hilarious story is that there is some valid speculation that the Jets will owe GB, Three First Round picks, if they cut Favre for the life of his contract. And he then signs with an NFCN team, like the Vikes or Bears, as he originally wanted to do.

There certainly is a clause that prevents a Jets trade back of Favre to the NFCN. And GB did offer Fave $25 million to stay retired. The Jets even accepted a clause preventing a multi-team trade.

Jets Insider.com Landing Strip - Jets Insider.com Forums

Can you imagine any Team as dopey as the Jets? They can't even cut 40 year old Favre, if they wanted to !!:rofl::rofl:

Just Love it !:D

I only wish Mangini could have stayed around to bask in the glory that is BRET.

Last edited:
Now begins the horror of the off-season for Jets fans as Favre retires and re-negs at least 8 times.

Part of the Story was that His Favreness majesty, said he didn't want to play for Ratgina, any more. Mangini actually is said is have criticized some of the Favreness possible errors. :rofl:

Since they couldn't cut Favre... So they fired Mangini !:eek::woot:

You know, every family has that one member that, no matter what everyone else does to try and help, stills manages to get caught drunk, shirtless, with a sack of meth while crossing a state line with an underage companion in a stolen car, and all the while being filmed by the crew from COPS. And all because they had a tail light burned out. Heh.

The JESTS are that guy. :singing:

Having been over to the Jets Boards It's slowly dawning on deluded Jets fans that any reasonably good Coach is not just praying for an invitation to Coach the Jets.

Cower has been rumored to have said that the Jets are a "Dysfunctional organization". He turned them down flat; without even attending or listening to a full Jets proposal.

But the richest most hilarious story is that there is some valid speculation that the Jets will owe GB, Three First Round picks, if they cut Favre for the life of his contract. And he then signs with an NFCN team, like the Vikes or Bears, as he originally wanted to do.

There certainly is a clause that prevents a Jets trade back of Favre to the NFCN. And GB did offer Fave $25 million to stay retired. The Jets even accepted a clause preventing a multi-team trade.

Jets Insider.com Landing Strip - Jets Insider.com Forums

Can you imagine any Team as dopey as the Jets? They can't even cut 40 year old Favre, if they wanted to !!:rofl::rofl:

Just Love it !:D
Thanks for the tip. I went to the "Gang Green" board (should be gangrene) and after 5 minutes I was laughing so hard I almost wet my pants. One guy has this message at the end of all his posts that reads, "We'll Be Back" - I wanted to ask him "Back where? The Super Bowl? It's only been 40 freakin' years! he, he, he..."

Last edited:
You know, every family has that one member that, no matter what everyone else does to try and help, stills manages to get caught drunk, shirtless, with a sack of meth while crossing a state line with an underage companion in a stolen car, and all the while being filmed by the crew from COPS. And all because they had a tail light burned out. Heh.

The JESTS are that guy. :singing:
I thought you were going to say Favre. Either way. :rofl:

Thanks for the tip. I went to the "Gang Green" board (should be gangrene) and after 5 minutes I was laughing so hard I almost wet my pants. One guy has this message at the end of all his posts that reads, "We'll Be Back" - I wanted to ask him "Back where? The Super Bowl? It's only been 40 freakin' years! he, he, he..."
I thought "Gangrene" had better posters than Jets Insider, then I ran into this post:

Granted the Jets have a ****ty history, but they are teams in the Nfl they have had a worse history.

which was kind of in response to this informative one:

The Jets regular season record now stands at 331 wins, 401 losses, and 8 ties.

They are the first of the eight charter AFL franchises to reach the 400-loss mark.

The other seven?
Raiders- 324 losses
Broncos- 344
Texans/Chiefs- 347
Patriots- 354
Chargers- 367
Oilers/Titans- 371
Bills- 384

The only AFC team with more all-time regular season losses is the Pittsburgh Steelers. They have lost 488 games. They've been in existence since 1933, however.

Patriots have to "pass" the Chiefs next year in terms of less losses. Next the Broncos, and who would have guessed the Raiders for best all time original AFL team record?

Last edited:
Part of the Story was that His Favreness majesty, said he didn't want to play for Ratgina, any more. Mangini actually is said is have criticized some of the Favreness possible errors. :rofl:

Since they couldn't cut Favre... So they fired Mangini !:eek::woot:

Criticized ... it was like read my lips during the game.
Any team that hires the rat is stupid ... no good coach throws players under the bus ... even when they suck like Favre.

I almost feel bad for Jets fans. Whenever they have a reason to believe or be optimistic about something it crashes and burns on them.

Honestly if you want the best Jets talk you'll come over to JetNation.com.

The Jets could cut Brett and I believe that now since the 2008 season has passed they could trade Brett anywhere they'd like now. I believe the deal with Green Bay dealing with trading inside the NFC North was for last season only, I don't believe it goes on throughout the rest of his contract.

In the end I see him retiring anyway, but if he doesn't we probably will keep him only because our owner, Woody Johnson, is infatuated with him. Keeping Brett will only further distance ourselves from finding out who the future at Quarterback for this team is going to be.

I almost feel bad for Jets fans. Whenever they have a reason to believe or be optimistic about something it crashes and burns on them.

No one is obligated to be a Green Beans fan. They have the Giants in New York, and can even become Patriots fans. Participating in that mess is voluntary.

Ah, I remember arguing with K-Ro and Gunnails earlier in the year that the Favre signing was a horrible idea and it would end up biting them in the ass in the 2008 offseason. Looks like I was right.

Honestly if you want the best Jets talk you'll come over to JetNation.com.

The Jets could cut Brett and I believe that now since the 2008 season has passed they could trade Brett anywhere they'd like now. I believe the deal with Green Bay dealing with trading inside the NFC North was for last season only, I don't believe it goes on throughout the rest of his contract.

In the end I see him retiring anyway, but if he doesn't we probably will keep him only because our owner, Woody Johnson, is infatuated with him. Keeping Brett will only further distance ourselves from finding out who the future at Quarterback for this team is going to be.

It's WORSE than you think. Woody NEEDS Lord Favre to sell those PSLs to finanance the new billion dollar plus stadium. That same issue is why he's willing to offer a HUGE salary to a name HC like Cowher, it sells PSLs. Unfortunately for him, the top talent knows the JETS are a train wreck. The GM needs to be fired AND the ownership changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back