Welcome to PatsFans.com

More dirty Republican politics

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

The politics of hate. It's poetic justice that the same party that exploited orchestrated ridiculous initiatives on gay marriage in states that would never legalize it anyway, now finds itself mired in its own bigotry. What a pleasure to watch.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071206/ap_on_el_pr/switching_strategy

In purely political terms, Romney's Mormon faith has been an impediment from the start. A Pew Research Center poll in September found a quarter of all Republicans — including 36 percent of white evangelical Protestants — said they would be less likely to vote for a Mormon.

One e-mail making the rounds purports to be from Romney himself, and consists of an invitation to Iowa voters to "join me, a born-Mormon, and a growing number of disenchanted Christians in believing the following tenets of the Mormon religion." It lists several, each one likely more objectionable to Christian conservative caucus-goers than the last.

"Mormon men can have multiple wives in heaven — eternal polygamy," says one tenet, while another claims that "God the father had sex with Mary to conceive Jesus, who is the half brother of Lucifer."
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +355 / 1 / -9

I find it disgusting that this mans (Romney) religion should even be mentioned in this race, where are the cry's of bigotry from the Politically Correct, Imagine how ashamed of the bigots Romney's children must be, The Politically Correct HYPOCRITS would be burning the Flag in America's streets and setting themselves on fire if this was being done to a Muslim, where is the OUTRAGED news media "MSM" that crucified Don Imus over the silly "Nappy Headed Ho Sh!t" where are all the Racist Scumbags that came scurrying out of their Rat Holes when they thought a "Black Whore" had been raped by the Rich White Mother F-ckers In Duke University, aren't the Politically Correct Police supposed to speak up against any and all discrimination, WHERE ARE THEY?

And yes, the dirty White Bastards in "God Land" are the back stabbers doing the most yelling but where are the defenders of religious freedom, where are America's Do-Gooders on this one?

If anybody in America even dares to mention that Oboomba's middle name is "Hussein" the Politically Correct Swine go insane.

Romney will gain support over this one.

I have no intention of voting, I had my day, the country is changing, the Third World is slowly moving in and taking over, big trouble is right around the corner, the old America will only exist in the minds of those that remember "they way it was" the new Government will either rewrite or completely destroy Our History, they will never allow young people to know of the freedoms we had.

The future America will have a Sean Penn, Danny Glover Dictator who will rule with an Iron Fist, he will sit in the White House for a lifetime.

You will never hear these words again "You Have The Right"
    GOD SAVE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA FOR WE WILL NEVER KNOW "THE WAY WE WERE"
    :bricks:
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

There is an OBVIOUS double-standard now in America: one for secular people (those who deny God's involvement or importance in daily life) and another for those who are religious or who are attempting to bring spiritual values into daily life, including political governance. And those with a secular world-view do sit at the news desks and other seats of public guidance all over the land.

This is the most severe test America has ever faced, because if America abandons God who has blessed America, and protected America, and shed grace upon America for the past 400 years, then America will have failed in her providential purpose, and God will have no choice but to withdraw His grace, His blessing, and His protection of America.

As Alexis de Tocqueville said so eloquently almost 200 years ago: "America is great because she is good. The moment America stops being good she will cease being great." We are at the cross-road and we must decide if we are going to be good or bad. The choice is our own to make. No one else can decide this but each and every person. Our collective answer will come from those we choose to lead us, by the democratic process. But let there be no mistake: in the end we are all accountable to God's rule, God's order of the cosmos, not our own alone.

//
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +299 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

How is "less likely to vote for" the politics of hate ? Did they say they hate Mormons ? I would be less likely to vote for a 90 year old for President, it doesn't mean I hate them. I would be less likely to vote for a Democrat for President, it doesn't mean I hate them.

5. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Bigotry is a form of hate. I believe the vast majority of liberals would be just as likely to vote for a liberal Mormon as a liberal of some other religion. I think it's shameful that religious people would oppose someone on religious grounds. Of course, "less likely to vote for" is a broad category, but you know as well as I do it includes the "would not for" and "probably would not vote for" crowd.
  6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +299 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

It's not bigotry, it's just a decision. I'm agnostic, leaning towards atheist, I would expect a lot of people wouldn't want me as President for that reason. It doesn't make them bigoted. It's dumb. You're choosing who you want to represent you. As usual you are reaching in your desparation to hate Republicans.
  7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

In other words, "liberal" for Patters means: "anybody who will accept, accede, or acqience to same-sex relations"; such person would be "OK" in your book.

If a "liberal" were to favor ALL other human rights, civil rights, for any race, religion, creed, or ethnicity, but did NOT accept same-sex demands (they are not "rights" because only God gives rights, not human man-made laws), you would tar and feather such a "liberal" lickety-split; you'd probably stop calling them "liberals" and start calling them "conservatives". You'd be on his or her case so fast they wouldn't know what hit them. The only "rights" you care about are your demand to live in a same-sex relationship, something that is patently unprincipled and NEVER practiced in all of nature, certainly not by any who contribute to the prolongation of species in question.

//
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +355 / 1 / -9

Mormons should do what they did over in Sudan with "Teddy Bear" and what the same religion did over the "Cartoon" in Denmark" that's how you get results,
    GET THE STEAK KNIVES OUT.
  9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +299 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I think we should flip a coin for President. I would hate to be "bigoted" and make my decision based on some kind of fact that's important to me.
  10. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

No, I would not support a gay bigot like Larry Craig even if he was for gay rights.

I support civil rights. Period. I would not support a candidate who favored civil rights for some but not for others. That said, I'm a realist and will have no problem voting for a candidate who opposes gay marriage. I recognize that the gay movement still has work to do in educating the public. There are still pockets of ignorance, though that is obviously changing.

Easy there, Fog. Sometimes you seem so angry and unbalanced that it does not surprise me you belong to a church that is narrow, rule bound, and regimented. Maybe it's what your psychology needs.

As far as nature goes, there's a book called Biological Exuberance:

http://www.amazon.com/Biological-Ex...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1197040541&sr=8-1

This book is a rather scholarly study of homosexuality throughout the animal kingdom. It lists scores of different species and much of the evidence comes from zoologists who were not studying homosexuality, but noted it in the course of studying mating habits and relationships in the animal kingdom. So, next time you it's unnatural, tell it to a manatee!
  11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +299 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Patters is bigoted again rich people. So are his fellow Democrats.

As for the gay thing . . . oh, nevermind.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  12. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

I'm not at all bigoted against rich people, but the fact is rich people will do well regardless of what kind of changes we make to tax policy. Where we differ, I think, is that your noble cause is to create an economic environment where the rich can get richer (e.g., pay less tax, invest more, etc.). I'm not worried about the rich. They will do just fine, and I'm happy for them. I guarantee to you that if we raise taxes on multimillionaires and billionaires, they will not suffer. Trust me on that one. Unless they are miserable money managers, they have massive reserves in fixed investments that will grow regardless of the economy, in real estates that will grow in the event of inflation, and they typically invest, at any rate, in 100 year time frames using specialized brokerage houses. (Over that time frame, we're sure to have at least a few governments that espouses their interests.) But, I am impressed that the rich have you as a champion of their needs.
  13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 4 / -2

See, in Patters' world there are no principles or objectivity, and everything depends on the letter in front of your name. Patters wouldn't vote for Larry Craig types because they don't believe in Gay Marraige, yet he doesn't chastize the dem candidates for president who don't support it either. Everything on his planet comes down to your classification, (D) or (R).
  14. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

I supported Weld (R) over Silber (D) for guv, so the letter is not the bottom line.

Also, as far as supporting a Dem candidate who opposes gay marriage, you will do the same thing with your issues unless you don't vote. We all hold our noses when choosing candidates because the best ones are never the nominees.
  15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +299 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I want everyone to be richer, me, you, Joe from the ghetto and Bill Gates too. I want everyone to be able to build wealth and leave it to their kids to continue. It could be done except for the government taking so much of everyone's money that they have nothing left.
  16. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Also, in Patters' world, you don't own your money. The governement owns your money and lets you "lease" it for a short while. Hence his hatred of the wealthy amongst us. How dare they believe in such silly things as property rights..?!?
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  17. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah, you don't want to support any blatant losers, now do you. With friends like you, Craig doesn't need enemies, not that he deserves any sympathy imo.

So who determines "civil rights"?? Is it you? Is it Bill Clinton? Hillary? NAMBLA? Is it the Log Cabin Society? Is it the Dem Party? The U.S. Supreme Court?? Who decides what rights are actual rights, to set up a level playing field for all, and what "rights" are actually strange unnatural demands being made in the guise of other recognitions that are healthy and natural??

Hate the sin, not the sinner. Yes, it does anger me what the lie of self-centered lust (false love masquerading as real love) has done to millions of Americans and others in the world, but that anger is not unbalanced. In fact, it is perfect balance to the outrage that same-sex relationships do to kill the spirits of those men and women who get seduced into it.

So, if you want to live with a manatee who engages in same-sex relations, be my guest. But as for trying to lie to people in the attempt to justify and legitimatize a behavior that has ZERO constructive effect on the maintenance and growth of the human population is sheer madness. The very definition of madness, in fact.

Animals who engage in same-sex relations, as rare and uncommon as that happens, are doing so simply because they are not the dominant male, the "Alpha" male of the herd, group, or whatever, nature's way of ensuring that only the strongest gene characteristics are passed on. When there are more males around who want to mate than there are females available, strange unnatural things happen. Fortunately for human beings God has seen fit to provide every man with one woman on this earth; actually, there are a few more women than there are men, so God REALLY loves men a lot!! Think about it: you have one woman just for you waiting for you to make the move. And you can have her for all eternity, forever and ever, amen. God is giving that to you. But you have to accept it. God cannot force you. You need to accept and receive it.

//
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Actually, Silber is more principled and has more integrity than Weld.

//
  19. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

I take it this your way of retracting your claim that I would support anyone who supported the gay agenda. You could have been more gracious.

Society evolves and with that comes rights. Once, mixed marriages were illegal, and people used the Bible to keep it that way. I can provide countless examples of the evolution of civil rights. It's a fairly slow process, but if it was not for liberals of another age, the Unification Church would not be allowed to exist. It would have been considered as sinful, unnatural, and every word you can think of.

That's religious mumbo-jumbo, which you have to be part of your sect or a similar-thinking one to take seriously.

My point was that homosexuality is natural. The Lord acts in mysterious ways.

Don't pretend you know something you know nothing about. Actually, many animals form relationships, even life long ones, with same sex partners.

How old are you, Fog? You seem rather ignorant is the ways of the world. I don't think people have sex for the glory of God. I think most people have sex because they enjoy having sex, and they don't have God in the bedroom. There is nothing sacred about sex. Procreation is useful at different historical and economic times, but it's not always necessary. I gather your religion thinks less of people who cannot have children. Is that true?
  20. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 4 / -2

HAHA! LOL, that's right. I almost forget he said that. That our money isn't our own, it's the governments. That has to be one of the scariest things I've ever heard.