Welcome to PatsFans.com

More Crooked Republicans in the Crosshairs

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, May 15, 2007.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

http://www.prwatch.org/node/6013

We had a pretty quiet stretch there...but looks like old Jack Abramoff congressmen are still under "on goin investigations". Even with an incompetant Attorney General, justice still goes on unhindered.
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +459 / 6 / -2

The more crooked pols that do time, the better. I've been saying for years that 70-80% of pols and public officials are crooked.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +578 / 2 / -9

You don't make it to the Congress, The Senate or the White House unless you are a vicious back stabbing crooked immoral piece of sh!t.

When we vote we have to vote for the pieces of sh!t that we think are less pieces of sh!t than the other pieces of sh!t.

If you are an honest moral politician you will never work in Washington.

Yes, that goes for Bush also, he had to trample over a lot of bodies before "making it" just as the wretched Clintons did.

Politicians are a sorry rotten lot, you just have to vote for best of the bad lot.

Never become friendly with a politician because they eventually will stab you in the back to climb another rung up the sh!t ladder to reach the land of the whoremonger, drunk, crook, and fraternity of scumbag bastards.
    :bricks:
  4. Real World

Ratings:
    +459 / 6 / -2

Not exactly how I would word it, but perfectly true none the less! :rocker:
  5. JLC

JLC Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

How about this wording: Politicians are people who would stab themselves in the back to get to the top.
  6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

REVOLUTION!
  7. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It is always gratifying to see Republicans admit that they lack morals.
  8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +165 / 7 / -13

We're not robots who think only one side has crooks, unlike libs. We also want the crooks out regardless of party affiliation.
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I want to run all the crooked Libertarians and Greens out of Washington!
    The sooner the better!
  10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

gosh, really pf13? ... i believe i've recognized several corrupt Dems and promoted accountability for them...

i think you've set a record for the most sweeping statements of ignorance in one forum... do some fact checking before you bloviate...
  11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +165 / 7 / -13

If you had the ability to be rational and reviewed the posts on this forum pertaining to corrupt public officals you would find the conservatives expressed no sympathy for and didn't spin for the pubbie crooks, OTOH libs on this board would try to spin crimes committed by demRats. :rolleyes:
  12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

that's the most full of dung post in the history of blogging anywhere... you and yours are CONSTANTLY deflecting to Clinton, excusing deviant GOP responsibility, and questioning legality to your repressive heroes in Washington... shall we have a link off whereby you find links supporting your claim and i'll do the same for mine?... or will you be rightfully retreating now?
  13. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If you are keeping score at home, we have roughly 20 Republicans either under investigation, under indictment, or convicted...and then theres Jefferson.

:singing:

Yeah..its about equal.
  14. Real World

Ratings:
    +459 / 6 / -2

That works just the same! ;)
  15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +165 / 7 / -13

Meanwhile Pelosi's approations that help hubbies realestate holdings and Reid's crooked land deals go un addressed, typical for the dems.
  16. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

wow...those are very interesting allegations. Have any links?

Are these under investigation?
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +459 / 6 / -2

+ Menendez, Harmon, Hollohan, etc... There are clearly more Repubs in trouble. They've proven, over the last few years, to be leading the race of corruption by a landslide. Mainly though, it's cuz one of their lobbiests got busted, and all the names in the book are following suit. When you think that Abramoff was one man of thousands, I can't help but imagine what else goes on that we don't know about. When you look at it as a whole, and consider both the past and present, I can't fathom how anyone would think that one party is any better than the other. One party might be worse, but they both suck.
  18. Real World

Ratings:
    +459 / 6 / -2

How about Dianne Feinstein and her husbands company? These people are all the same.

[​IMG]

Army contract for Feinstein's husband

Blum is a director of firm that will get up to $600 million

David R. Baker, Chronicle Staff Writer

Tuesday, April 22, 2003

URS Corp., a San Francisco planning and engineering firm partially owned by California Sen. Dianne Feinstein's husband, landed an Army contract Monday worth up to $600 million.

The award to help with troop mobilization, weapons systems training and anti-terrorism efforts is the latest in a string of plum defense jobs snared by URS. In February, the firm won an army engineering and logistics contract that could bring in $3.1 billion during the next eight years.

Government contracting has come under increasing scrutiny by Congress and citizen groups, with critics decrying the political connections of firms winning lucrative jobs. Richard Blum, Feinstein's husband, serves on the company's board of directors and controls about 24 percent of the firm's stock,

according to Hoover's Inc. research firm.

A Feinstein spokesman Monday declined to comment on the contract.
  19. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Thats a great example. I knew I didnt like Feinstein, and this is one more reason why.

Now, if pf13 could do the same for his allegations we're getting somewhere.
  20. Real World

Ratings:
    +459 / 6 / -2

I did a quick google as I was curious myself, and it looks like it could be shady, but doesn't seem to be certifiablely wrong. Like the article states however, Hastert, who I despise, was criticized for the same. I thought Hastert's issue was shady, but not really proven corruption.

On a separate note, this part of the article astounded me. I figured she had some cash, as they all do these days, but dang, she's loaded. The taxpayer is certifiably fugged. These people in office are so out of touch with the average Joe. They all have crazy money.

Pelosi is the ninth richest member of the House, according to last year's disclosure reports, with stocks and real-estate holdings worth between $15 million and $55 million.

HER $AN FRAN TREAT

PELOSI WATER-BILL BID DRAWING FIRE

By GEOFF EARLE

WASHINGTON - House Speaker Nancy Pelosi used her clout to get lawmakers to back a San Francisco redevelopment project near her multimillion-dollar rental properties, disclosure documents reveal.

Pelosi got House members to authorize $25 million to improve the Embarcadero port area, clearing the way for cruise-ship-dock development and other improvements to aid the neighborhood's comeback.

The Democrat's district covers most of San Francisco.

"The appearance is obviously not good, and she needs to be forthcoming about how this impacts her financial interest," Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-Texas) told The Post.

He didn't offer proof that Pelosi would benefit.

Pelosi's office confirmed that she got the provision included in a water-resources bill, which passed the House April 19.

But House financial-disclosure documents reveal that Pelosi's husband, Paul, owns four commercial real-estate properties near the Embarcadero, which is home to many restaurants and hotels.

The properties earn combined rental income of more than $3 million.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/0508200...er_an_fran_treat_nationalnews_geoff_earle.htm