PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More Confident with: Warren replacing Warren OR Connolly/Wendell replacing Mankins?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

More Confident in filling position roles on the team

• Connolly/Wendell taking Mankins position

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Gerard Warren taking Ty Warren's position

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • Both are equally above adequate replacements

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Both player replacements in thier positions suck

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Which of these two positions are you more confident in getting filled in by replacments in a very adequate way?

Mankins situation of course is MUCH more possible that he returns while Warren is done,but lets say Mankins does not return in 2010 or at least a huge portion of it.

Last edited:
Re: More Confident with: Warren replacing Warren OR Connolly/Wendell replacing Mankin

It has less to do with the quality of the backups, IMO, and everything to do with the importance of the position. In the defense that the Pats run, the DE is critically important, far moreso than a guard in just about any offense.

Re: More Confident with: Warren replacing Warren OR Connolly/Wendell replacing Mankin

keeping brady on he's feet is always #1 on the list of things the pats need to do to win games

with Warren, replaceing Warren, there will be a drop off in talent but IMO not as big as the one from all pro G to 3rd and 4th string G

Seeing how very average Ty Warren has been the past two seasons and the fact Mankins has been a Pro-Bowl level player who has been protecting our best team talent [Brady], i can easily say that as long as Gerrard Warren plays the run above average there won't be almost any drop off while i feel we will definitely be missing the name Logan sooner than we expect.

I voted for Warren/Warren.
If Gerard Warren is healthy, in shape & motivated, he can be a starting-caliber DLman on a PO team;
Connelly & Wendell are PS-caliber OLmen asked to replace an all-pro-caliber OLman.

Warren's replacing Warren? Who's replacing Seymour?

ding ding ding we have a winner

that is the real question the pats never found the answer at RDE and now they have to replace LDE

By his actions (or inactions), Bill must feel that the answer is Mike Wright.

Or just throw Wright, Damione Lewis, Pryor, Deadrick, and...Brace :confused: all against the wall and hope one of them will stick. :)

Seriously, I'd be shocked if Mike Wright ends up being the starting RDE this year. If he is in on first downs, our defense is in trouble.

keeping brady on he's feet is always #1 on the list of things the pats need to do to win games

with Warren, replaceing Warren, there will be a drop off in talent but IMO not as big as the one from all pro G to 3rd and 4th string G

Connolly was a second string G last year, and he's a second string guard this year. I have no idea where you got 4th string from.

Connolly was a second string G last year, and he's a second string guard this year. I have no idea where you got 4th string from.

Wendell, is a 4th

"Pick your poison" came straight to mind when I read the initial question. And that phrase isn't even in my vocab, so that outta tell you how painful of a question that is.

This is somewhat an issue for last year. Belichick "replaced" Seymour with Wright. He will add another replacenet in next year's draft.

If Warren is Warren's replacement (and he is), the question is who now replaces the reps of Jarvis Green. Who is the #4 in the rotation? Pryor is most likely. Lewis is also possible.

Brace is even possible.

So, I am fine with counting on Warren replacing Warren. I am less fine in replacing Green. Obviously, no one has stepped up yet.

Last edited:

It has less to do with the quality of the backups, IMO, and everything to do with the importance of the position. In the defense that the Pats run, the DE is critically important, far moreso than a guard in just about any offense.

Don't disagree with you on much, but I have to disagree with you here. A guard in our offense is pretty important for a number of reasons. First of all, and most obviously, he's protecting our franchise quarterback. The (likely) $100M man. Secondly, this quarterback's kryptonite is, and always has been, pressure up the middle. Brady isn't mobile by the traditional standard, but he's always made his living on being able to bounce around the pocket and then step into his throws. If the guard play is less than adequate, there isn't going to be much of a pocket to step around in. On this team, the OG is more important than the DE.

As for me, I'm more confident with G. Warren replacing Ty in this case. Hopefully, Connolly can change my mind on that. He's a pretty solid run blocker, but could use some improvements in pass blocking. He looked good enough last Thursday night, though, to be honest, there wasn't that big of a sample size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots