PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More Cassel +ve spin all around

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're CBS Sports, which is scheduled to air eight more Patriots games this season, there is obvious concern, but the network is hoping the potential subplots will create more interest, not less.

"Time will tell and all that, but I guess what I would say is we don't want to lose a big star on any team, let alone a Tom Brady," said Rob Correa, the executive vice president of programming at CBS Sports. "But the silver lining for CBS is that maybe the Patriots will now be in a playoff race, which makes other teams, the Jets, for example, more relevant late in the season. You could have a playoff race in the AFC East now. We'd prefer to have Tom Brady playing for the Patriots, but if not, those are the potential positives anyway."

Yip. Sports is business. Don't forget that as the season goes along. Heart, soul, and cold, hard cash.

It's kinda funny how in a matter of six days, it's turned (in the media) from "Brady's out.....the Patriots are done" to "Cassel should do fine, they're still a very good team".

I'm sure win or lose on Sunday, the story will continue to be overblown. Win and Matt is the second coming of Tom Brady. Lose and it's a week of "Tom Brady is the entire team" talk.

It's kinda funny how in a matter of six days, it's turned (in the media) from "Brady's out.....the Patriots are done" to "Cassel should do fine, they're still a very good team".

I'm sure win or lose on Sunday, the story will continue to be overblown. Win and Matt is the second coming of Tom Brady. Lose and it's a week of "Tom Brady is the entire team" talk.

it makes a better story than just saying they are done and also is a safer bet.if the pats do welll it will be "we told you so" if they dont....expect surprise.

We just need a little more of this around here and we'll be fine...

kool_aid_man_glass.jpg

Oh no? OH YEAH!

Last edited:
Count me among those getting irritated on seeing this steady drum of +ve news on MC.

I greatly welcomed the earlier predictions that the Pats are all done and the Jets are the AFC champions.

Just want us to be under the radar with ours backs to the wall.

Count me among those getting irritated on seeing this steady drum of +ve news on MC.

I greatly welcomed the earlier predictions that the Pats are all done and the Jets are the AFC champions.

Just want us to be under the radar with ours backs to the wall.

Bulletin board material has always served us well... this team is best with a chip on its shoulder.

Bulletin board material has always served us well... this team is best with a chip on its shoulder.

You said it well. Hopefully BB has kept MC away from the papers/internet for the last two days. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes