PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More Browns Implosion: Banner and Lombardi Stepping Down

Trainwreck.gif

Sure, and we should also offer this year and next year's 2nd round picks to Jacksonville for Justin Blackman.

You all should know this in Todays NFL you cannot get something for nothing. Justin Blackman when hs head is on straight is also an Elite WR. I am just thinking about Brady's limted time behind Center.

Serious question not a troll can you foresee the Patriots bringing Lombardi in as a advanced scout or anything like that?
We all know Lombardi worships the ground belichick and Mcdaniels walk on.
Or does Belichick just tolerate him from a distance and wouldn't bring him in as another chef in his kitchen?

You all should know this in Todays NFL you cannot get something for nothing. Justin Blackman when hs head is on straight is also an Elite WR. I am just thinking about Brady's limted time behind Center.

we had a top 5 offense last year.

we dont need MORE offense, we need better defense, and a better offensive line.

Rumor has it this happened shortly after Lombardi proposed trading Haden and two first for Mallett and Ridley.

I would argue that recognizing a poor hire and being proactive about it is good management. I don't know enough about the people involved to know thats the case, but you can certainly learn a lot about an executive in a year.
I know Lombardi has not been impressive from my vantage point.

Lombardi didn't draft Weeden or Richardson.
Lombardi did bring in a solid #2 at QB who managed to disrupt the Browns tankapoolza for a few games before injury. And gaining Indy's #1 for their underachieving Bama RB was a coup IMHO.
I have no idea about their past draft so any insight there would be appreciated......The reality, despite a couple of premium pieces, Cleveland is a rebuild which requires patience. Firing the upper management screams the owner has no patience. So I expect an all-in approach at the opening of the draft with Cleveland pushing all the chips in to jump up in the draft. Johnny Football will bring alot of interest to Cleveland....at least until his slight build snaps in two!!! If Lombardi really has the same football philosophy as BB, no way Lombardi would have paid up for an under sized QB

Re: OT: More Browns Implosion - Banner and Lombardi Stepping Down

Mods please merge this with the other thread. Thanks.

The sad part is that division is ripe for a changing of the guard, but the Browns can't get out of their own way to take advantage of it. By the time they sort all this out, Pittsburgh and Baltimore (who have much stronger organizations) will have rebounded and will bury them again.

Yeah I said in the other Browns thread that they have a ton of picks for this next draft and already a good team. All they need to pull a Chiefs and go for 10+ wins is a QB.

That's why I think a trade for Mallet makes a lot of sense.

Steelers and Ravens are in a bad moment and Cincinatti is a joke. Browns have a shot if they get some studs in the next draft, I think they can make a few moves and trade down a little to stockpile for the future but not much, you give 2 years and Ravens and Steelers are back in the business. The Browns really need to make a splash in the next draft and FA.

Yeah I said in the other Browns thread that they have a ton of picks for this next draft and already a good team. All they need to pull a Chiefs and go for 10+ wins is a QB.

That's why I think a trade for Mallet makes a lot of sense.

Steelers and Ravens are in a bad moment and Cincinatti is a joke. Browns have a shot if they get some studs in the next draft, I think they can make a few moves and trade down a little to stockpile for the future but not much, you give 2 years and Ravens and Steelers are back in the business. The Browns really need to make a splash in the next draft and FA.

Wait, just why is Cincinnati a joke? They look like a good football team to me...

What a gong show. Isn't Haslem also being investigated by the FBI

Wait, just why is Cincinnati a joke? They look like a good football team to me...

Until the playoffs roll around anyways.

Haslam is live on NFLN doing a press conference. He comes off as smug and is delusional. Paraphrasing but the Browns don't have an image problem as dysfunctional, the organization is streamlined, the Browns are a great organization, people recognize what a great opportunity the Browns are.......WTF.

My wife had the misfortune of working for her cousin Joe Banner for the 5 year period in the late '80's/early '90's when he took Dad and Mom's thriving business and turned it into a defunct business. My only surprise here is that Haslam took him on in the first place; showed me right then and there that Haslam doesn't have it as a new owner, but these things can change (h/t to Andy Johnson). Banner's claim to fame in the NFL came with his high school buddy Jeff Lurie. How he lasted as long as he did there is beyond me (I guess having Andy Reid run their team as successfully as he did, and Ralph Banner's cash infusions to Jeff, made Joe's BS easier to take), but word is they are no longer on speaking term.

Having "walked in the wilderness" of having my own favorite NFL franchise wallow in seemingly unending decrepitude for too many years in the '70's - '90's, I feel total sympathy for the Browns fans. No fan base deserves that (well, maybe only only one **cough**Jets**cough**).

I spend a little time on the Jets board and they make fun of the Browns now and then. You know it's bad when that happens.

I've gone to two Pats games in Cleveland and I was treated very well by the fans. Belichick wasn't as lucky.

The offense does need help.

only if you think the offense is going to be unstoppable.

News flash, it isnt.

fix the O line and give brady time to throw more then quick outlet passes.

Fix the defense and give brady more opportunities.

its strange that it too haslam less then 2 seasons to leap frog dan synder as worst owner in history

Nope.

Until Haslam sells 9/11 Commemorative hats and then pockets the proceeds, Lil' Danny has nothing to worry about regarding that crown.

Lets offer them This year and next years First for Josh Gordon. Seriously Gordon is closest thing to Megatron out there. We would set at WR for quite some time.
Two first round picks for a guy with (I believe) 5 failed drug tests in the last three years? That can't possibly backfire at all.

Nope.

Until Haslam sells 9/11 Commemorative hats and then pockets the proceeds, Lil' Danny has nothing to worry about regarding that crown.

Titles for what would be the three shortest books written about the business side of the NFL:

• "Building a Sustainable Success in the NFL" by Daniel Snyder

• "In It to Win It" by Woody Johnson

• "The Wit and Wisdom of Roger Goodell" by Joker

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back