Welcome to PatsFans.com

More bigotry at the "Value Voters Summit"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +353 / 15 / -12

Anyone who claims the right isn't bigoted is in a state of denial. I suppose those dwindling number of Republicans who oppose bigotry are able to look the other way.

This is from Bryan Fischer, one of the speakers at the "Value Voters Summit" that most of the Republican presidential candidates attended. The fact that he was included in the agenda for this conference shows just how morally bankrupt the right is right now. Wikipedia describes Fischer this way:

"Bryan Fischer is the Director of Issues Analysis for the American Family Association (AFA), hosting the talk radio program Focal Point on American Family Radio and posting on the AFA-run blog Rightly Concerned.

"He is a supporter of conservative causes, such as the right to life and opposition to national health care, and has been active in city and state politics. Fischer has been sharply criticized for his written and verbal attacks on Native Americans, African Americans, Muslims, gays and Hispanics."

Conservative Shock Jock Reels Off Islamophobia's Greatest Hits | TPMMuckraker

"Christians and Muslims do not believe in the same God."

"I believe it's important that we have a president who understands that Islam is not a religion of peace, but a religion of war and violence and death."

"Every single Mosque in America is a potential recruiting or training cell for Islamic terror."

"The greatest long-term threat to our security and liberty is not radical Islam, but Islam itself."

"This is not Islamophobia, this is Islamo-realism."

"The more devout a Muslim becomes, the more of a threat he becomes to our national security.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  2. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +730 / 11 / -7

Aha! Another liberal trashing Christianity!!!

:rolleyes:

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +520 / 14 / -28

Jeffress weighs in on Romney..

If the right did not kiss up to the dominionists, would they have more appeal to the masses????

4. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +730 / 11 / -7

5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +308 / 9 / -12

Never heard of this guy but he is factually correct. Christians view Jesus as God Muslims view him as a second tier prophet, with Mohammed being the real prophet of God.

The rest can be supported in the Muslim religious texts.

Speaking of bigotry slavery of non believers is acceptable as per the Koran. Slavery is practiced currently throughout the ME and Africa by Muslims.

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +817 / 2 / -9

Death To The Great Satan America

:bricks:
    "allah ackbar"

7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +520 / 14 / -28

And that has to do with American Elections how???

You failed to respond Jefress Comments about Mormons are a cult... why does the right hate Mormons????

8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +620 / 13 / -5

#24 Jersey

Your point?

How do you feel about Jews. 13? I presume the same way since they, too, do not believe in Jesus as God.

9. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +730 / 11 / -7

I think he "tolerates" us ;)

Oh and by the way, although Jews are not full citizens because we do not acknowledge Jesus either as a prophet or as some kind of alt god, the religious right is our bestest friends in the whooooole world because they are more militantly against those in Israel who prefer negotiation to perpetual warfare. Wait, I mean they "support Israel."

PFnV

10. Patters

Ratings:
    +353 / 15 / -12

I would no more defend this guy than a conservative would defend a liberal conference featuring Bill Ayers. But, at least Bill Ayers does not have a myopic understanding of Islam, and to my knowledge does not show up at major liberal conferences that Democratic leaders feel obliged to attend. Bigots can interpret Christianity as supporting slavery (and southern Christian preachers used to cite the Bible on that count), the oppression of women (and there are still religious groups that don't believe women should be educated or have rights over their own bodies), as homophobic (and there are a couple passages of the Bible that are regularly cited), and that Jesus is the warrior God:

Jesus Christ - The Righteous Warrior : ChristianCourier.com

Your understanding of Islam is shameful, I think. While there are certainly lunatics among the Muslims, there are also lunatics among the Christians. Al Qaeda is to Islam as Jim Jones or Fred Phelps is to Christianty. The Bible was used a tool for murder for hundreds of centuries. It is no better than the Koran in the hands of corrupt and cruel people.

Also, most slavery exists in Asia, not in the Arab world, and there are documented cases of it on every continent, including Christian Latin America, and sex slavery is pretty well known to exist in our nation. Of course, there are really stupid conservatives who consider a Muslim who enslaves people a Muslim and a Christian who enslaves people not Christian, but that's a very transparent belief that's found mostly among uneducated conservatives.

11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +520 / 14 / -28

Think it is more pandering than anyting else, if they had a choice the jews would be discarded... WASP rule that party.

Jews are convenient sound bytes, i.e."Obama hates Jews", "Jews are ambivalent about supporting Democratic Party"...

12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +817 / 2 / -9

The proof is in the pudding,

Harry Poll
    what group of "religious fanatics" commit 90% of the terrorism around the "whole world"
    1 Witches
    2 Baptists
    3 Eskimos
    4 Pawnee Indians
    5 Greeks
    6 Muslims
    7 Hells Angels
    8 NY Radio City Rockettes
    9 Catholics
    10 Mormons
    Answer Next Week
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

13. Patters

Ratings:
    +353 / 15 / -12

Sort of depends if you feel like your a victim or not. I bet the families of the women and children killed in the war on Iraq would answer this differently than the families of those killed by Al Qaeda. But, other than that, I'm pretty sure the answer is #8. Those legs are d-a-n-g-e-r-o-u-s.

14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +520 / 14 / -28

Some comments from this abomination of religion.. dominionists scare the hell out of me..

Somehow they manage to piss off about 60% of America with these comments, what do they all have in common.. they are all men with white hair, who know what is best for them. Wonder what would happen if a Republican Candidate refused to attend, due to the outright bigotry???

Right Wing Watch

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  15. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +730 / 11 / -7

Wow, "game over man" for the rest of us!!!

How long do we have to hear this 80s hangover?

16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +817 / 2 / -9

The one thing that Barack Hussein Obama is doing right is that he is KILLING Muslim Terrorists and he is Droning and killing any other Muslims who are hiding the Muslim Terrorists.

America and it's economy is another story, the Wall St Protesters are all NUTS, Obama is the guy they should be going after.

17. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,370 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

I just get a kick out of the Patters 'QUALIFIERS' ....

I can make any stereotype reference I want as long as I say there are exceptions.

I say ... why post it ... just to show you are better at stereotyping than the rest :confused3:

:bricks::bricks::bricks::bricks::bricks:

18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +817 / 2 / -9

19. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +279 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

So if I am to understand your OP correctly, this means that all Christians must be lunatics. Or are they just bigots?

20. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +279 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

Are you guys really trying to say that Christianity, Islam and Judaism are essentially identical? Are you really going to argue with Christians who say that they don't believe that Allah is the same as Yahweh? Why bother if you think neither exists?