PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

more analysis on the post game handshake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke with my Pats mole today and asked what the real story was between BB and Mangini. Apparently Mangini tried to hire away everyone in the organization below BB and Pioli...across the board...including non football staff.

borg said:
I spoke with my Pats mole today and asked what the real story was between BB and Mangini. Apparently Mangini tried to hire away everyone in the organization below BB and Pioli...across the board...including non football staff.

That sounds Jetsy enough to be true.

borg said:
Did anyone end up leaving ? This doesn't affect the question at hand, I'm just wondering. I can't really think of any.

borg said:

If that's true it doesn't sound like a smart move. How, would his current Jets staff respond to knowing he wanted to replace all of them. I know new HCs do this but, usually just a few players and/or coaches at a time.

Michael said:
If that's true it doesn't sound like a smart move. How, would his current Jets staff respond to knowing he wanted to replace all of them. I know new HCs do this but, usually just a few players and/or coaches at a time.
I think he meant right after being hired and before hiring the staff he has.

That can't be it, BB took Charlie, Romeo, Scott, Eric, Berj, a few more I can't think of, from the Jets when he left, he can't be mad that EM tried to do the same thing, can he? Plus BB said nice things about him after he got the coaching job, he must have known by then that he had tried to take people with him. I think it has to be something different. Maybe EM put a bug in Deion's ear about holding out, saying he could be paid so much more with the Jets????
Also, what is up with that stupid Adam Schefter quote about their handshake being nerdy?? Methinks Adam was the nerd in high school, now trying to project that onto our coach-don't think so, Adam!

Last edited:
IMO there's something to that story about Eric trying to get players and possibly staff to go with him. That might tie into BB locking him out of the facility right after the job announcement. Also, I don't see this FO hanging a frivolous tampering charge on the Jets, so I'm left wondering if Branch's camp had some "deep throat" action going with Eric?
Plenty of coaches have left with no outward signs of dispute, why would it be different with Eric? I'm leaning toward the theory that Eric may have stepped over a few lines with BB in order to jump start his NY Jets hot seat job!

BTW, I could give a flying fig what my HC wears, or how great his social graces are! Just because the media is salivating all over this, do we really need to go down the toilet with them? Enough already!

Example #513 that Marshall Faulk is a braindead slab of meat: (Capitals mine)

""It?s irrelevant. The COACHES DON'T COMPETE SO IT DOESN'T MATTER. For the players on the other hand, it?s important because it shows good sportsmanship and teaches you winning and losing from both perspectives."

PatsChick87 said:
.....I'm leaning toward the theory that Eric may have stepped over a few lines with BB in order to jump start his NY Jets hot seat job!.....

Me too...Branch was the proverbial "nail in the coffin". Mangini, like Tom Jackson, crossed the line and are no longer on BB's Christmas card list. Who cares what the media thinks. These two teams could be playing in the AFCC game and the big discussion would be centered around the BB and Mangini hand shake. unfrigginbelievable.!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back