PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More AHern bad news; lawsuit alleges he shot man in face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this real? It's ridiculous enough to sound like a bad joke.

yeah...like the time my ex-wife died of lead poisoning....

You can also charge criminal negligence. In fact, with a gunshot wound, a criminal report must be filed.

There was a police report, according to Bedard, but it was closed quickly. Seems plausible that the police came, the victim claimed it was an accident, and the police closed the investigation. That would be harmful to a civil case, of course, but there are different standards of evidence in the civil and criminal courts. Even in that case, though, it still smells like a shakedown - especially with the all-too-convenient timing after having withdrawn the suit earlier.

edit: And WBZ is reporting that there was no police report, so smells even funkier.

My guess is that Hernandez was there and he is getting sued because he is the guy with money.

You can also charge criminal negligence. In fact, with a gunshot wound, a criminal report must be filed.

Absolutely! It's a crime for doctors not to do so.

Several law enforcement agencies in Miami have told WBZ they have no record of alleged Feb.13 shooting incident involving Hernandez. #wbz

Maybe it's just me, but if I got shot, ASAP I would go to the police and there would be a criminal investigation and criminal charges.

Filing a civil suit seems an odd place to go as a first option.

Unless it was the second option until the cops laughed at your first option, to talk to them, for some reason.

Not everybody can go to the police, nor want to. Clearly this isn't some soccer mom he most likely has issues with police, no to mention the retaliation from reporting it.

I got it!!!

they were all out at a strip club doing jello shots...the moron got so drunk, he fell face first onto the business end of a stripper's pump. He went to take another jello shot and dropped it in his now bleeding eye socket, Ahern tried to stop the bleeding with a wad of ones he had in his hand and the guy took offense at the cheapness of the bandage...

nah...that story is a little thin...like Kate Moss at a weight watchers convention

I love what Florio has to say about this matter:

Even if Hernandez is never arrested, Ben Roethlisberger wasn’t, either. And Roethlisberger was suspended six games (reduced to four) after being sued for sexual assault in Nevada and later accused (but not charged) of sexual assault in Georgia.

League has no comment on Hernandez | ProFootballTalk

I don't get the similarities. Roethlisberger was not charged because the police investigated, but couldn't find enough evidence to proceed with charges. Also, there were allegations of the bar tampering with evidence and cleaning the bathroom. It ended up coming down to a he said, she said. It seemed that he was more likely guilty for this crime, but there was just not enough evidence to prosecute.

As for Hernandez, we have no evidence the police were even notified. A simple gun shot residue test would have either implicated Hernandez or cleared him. We don't even know if he was at the location this guy was shot.

Two completely different situations.

I love what Florio has to say about this matter:

League has no comment on Hernandez | ProFootballTalk

I don't get the similarities. Roethlisberger was not charged because the police investigated, but couldn't find enough evidence to proceed with charges. Also, there were allegations of the bar tampering with evidence and cleaning the bathroom. It ended up coming down to a he said, she said. It seemed that he was more likely guilty for this crime, but there was just not enough evidence to prosecute.

As for Hernandez, we have no evidence the police were even notified. A simple gun shot residue test would have either implicated Hernandez or cleared him. We don't even know if he was at the location this guy was shot.

Two completely different situations.

There was evidence of the police showing Roethlingsberger preferential treatment as well as having mistreated the victim. One of the officers in the Georgia case was fired over it...

Millions of dollars later, it is starting to look like thirty one other NFL
teams were smarter that the Patriots in not drafting this guy. He
has become a disgrace to the Patriots.

Dumb post. Maybe you should wait until the facts come out before calling the guy a disgrace.

Dumb post. Maybe you should wait until the facts come out before calling the guy a disgrace.

Do you honestly believe that the Hernandez news from the past couple of days has brought plaudits to the Patriots' organization? Guilty or not, he put himself in a position to have mud smeared on the
Patriots by association.

We get the exact same feeling with you posting here.

Do you honestly believe that the Hernandez news from the past couple of days has brought plaudits to the Patriots' organization?

Let's say BB was helping out a young black man from the inner city as Jim Brown will tell you he's done. Young man comes up with a scenario where he visits BB and BB loans him a rental car for whatever. While in the car young man gets murdered either randomly or because of his bad choices in associates and activities.

This disgraces the Pats org?

We have NO IDEA what happened yet.

Agreed.

And not to be flip in light of a very serious situation, but if we're talking strictly the drafting of Hernandez, the ROI on that fourth rounder has been extraordinary to date.

They're a football team. Who cares what the reputation of the organization is.

Do you honestly believe that the Hernandez news from the past couple of days has brought plaudits to the Patriots' organization? Guilty or not, he put himself in a position to have mud smeared on the
Patriots by association.

Everybody hates the Patriots to begin with. Having a murderer on the team might add that intimidation factor. Worked for the Ravens.

Jumping to conclusions.

LEVEL: EXPERT

Everybody hates the Patriots to begin with. Having a murderer on the team might add that intimidation factor. Worked for the Ravens.

aha!!! I figured it out!!!

so...it was YOU...randomk...in the library with the candlestick...

ZOUNDS!!

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill