PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More AHern bad news; lawsuit alleges he shot man in face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahern better be more careful with his firearms going forward, I understand that the NFL has a 3 headshots and you’re out rule.

We're also told ... Bradley will argue that the bullet initially struck him in the arm and continued traveling through his body until it struck him in the face .... blowing out his eyeball.

I have a hard time even understanding what he is trying to claim here.

I'm not saying it's impossible, just that it's damn unlikely.

They had to refile because they left a zero off the amount they were suing for (ie $100,000 instead of $1,000,000)?

Maybe it's just me, but if I got shot, ASAP I would go to the police and there would be a criminal investigation and criminal charges.

Filing a civil suit seems an odd place to go as a first option.

Unless it was the second option until the cops laughed at your first option, to talk to them, for some reason.

next time read the whole article

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard 12m
Civil suit was filed Thursday, withdrawn Monday. I was told no settlement at this time, and the matter isn't resolved yet.

If I remember correctly, the civil suit was issued by ambulance chasing personal injury attorneys. It came off as an obvious shakedown.

Maybe it's just me, but if I got shot, ASAP I would go to the police and there would be a criminal investigation and criminal charges.

Filing a civil suit seems an odd place to go as a first option.

Unless it was the second option until the cops laughed at your first option, to talk to them, for some reason.

The fact that there was no criminal charges or investigation will severely hinder any chance of winning a civil case.

They had to refile because they left a zero off the amount they were suing for (ie $100,000 instead of $1,000,000)?

Yeah, just saw an update to the article linked on the first post of this thread.

"10:34 AM PT -- Sources connected to the case tell us ... Bradley's legal team only dismissed the case because there was an error in the paperwork ... and they FULLY plan to REFILE the lawsuit TODAY.

We're also told ... Bradley will argue that the bullet initially struck him in the arm and continued traveling through his body until it struck him in the face .... blowing out his eyeball"."

So he's not out of the woods on that one yet. Odd that a criminal report seems to be missing in all that and is being treated as a civil matter.

Yeah, just saw an update to the article linked on the first post of this thread.

"10:34 AM PT -- Sources connected to the case tell us ... Bradley's legal team only dismissed the case because there was an error in the paperwork ... and they FULLY plan to REFILE the lawsuit TODAY.

We're also told ... Bradley will argue that the bullet initially struck him in the arm and continued traveling through his body until it struck him in the face .... blowing out his eyeball"."

So he's not out of the woods on that one yet. Odd that a criminal report seems to be missing in all that and is being treated as a civil matter.

That was an expensive "0"...

Now I'm no expert here, but:

1. How powerful would a gun have to be to travel up somebodies arm/body before breaching the jaw/cheekbone/eye socket and then "blow out" an eye?

2. What kind of angle did Hernandez "shoot" this guy from to get that trajectory when they were sat in a car?

This is the key shot. Watch it again. The victim going back to his left. Shot from the front and right. Totally inconsistent with the shot from the driver’s seat. Again . . . back and two the left. . . back and to the left . . . back and to the left…

Uh huh, NFL player shoots someone and no cops involved, just a civil suit for a meager amount..

The internet has no facepalm pic epic enough to post here.

yeah...I'm suing Ahern now too...after a game in Foxboro he got in his car and got lost, ending up on my street...well, as he drove past my house my prized shih tzu,Shirley, caught her death of a cold from the breeze....I want 5 million for alienation of affection and another mil for funeral and estate costs....please contact me if you have any information on this case at Wingnut Industries,666 Wackenhut Drive, Tierra Del Fuego Indiana..or call 1-877-I-M-A-S-U-E-U....

To be fair, you can be found civilly liable for damages for an accidental gunshot where negligence was involved but not be criminally prosecuted.

Uh huh, NFL player shoots someone and no cops involved, just a civil suit for a meager amount..

The internet has no facepalm pic epic enough to post here.

Mega-Facepalm_o_93738.jpg

Although it is months after, reported by TMZ, and apparently an eye was shot out making it clear bull....I must say this Ahern is a goon, he might really be making it rain on them.

I have a hard time even understanding what he is trying to claim here.

I'm not saying it's impossible, just that it's damn unlikely.

Trying to imagine the path the bullet could have taken and how it could possibly take the path described, and can only conclude the guy must've had his arm stretched out toward the shooter like "don't shoot."

Somehow it managed to happen or it wouldn't be a case to begin with. Even if ruled accidental, why was there a gun pointed at him anyway?

Is this real? It's ridiculous enough to sound like a bad joke.

To be fair, you can be found civilly liable for damages for an accidental gunshot where negligence was involved but not be criminally prosecuted.

You can also charge criminal negligence. In fact, with a gunshot wound, a criminal report must be filed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back