PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mora jr. to Phins.. lets hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Personally I think Mora is a terrible coach, I hope the Phins pull the trigger. The Bills would no longer be the doormat of the AFC East, Miami would take the belt.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 9:13 a.m. EST, January 16, 2007

FINS SAY NO OFFER HAS BEEN MADE TO MORA

In response to our recent item regarding the Miami Dolphins and Jim Mora, Fins senior V.P. of media relations Harvey Greene says that no offer has been made to the former Falcons coach.

"I can tell you with 100% assurance that no job offer was extended to Mora yesterday," Greene said via e-mail. "He was here strictly for a second interview, but there was no job offer made to him. We are still in the process of our coaching search, and as of this writing no final decision has been made."

An industry source has told us that an offer was made, and that Mora did not accept it.

Of the remaining four finalists for the job (Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer withdrew on Monday), Mora has the most recent NFL head-coaching experience. And he's grown adept at rattling off his accomplishments over the last three years, since he was doing so for anyone who'd listen while his job with the Falcons hung in the balance.

With Miami's most recent coach, Nick Saban, bolting for Alabama less than two weeks ago, the last thing the franchise needs is the perception that a beggar like Mora suddenly has become a chooser. We're not saying we don't believe the team on this one. But if an offer had been made to Mora and if Mora had not accepted it on the spot, that's not something that the team would be trumpeting.

The rumor mill is batting about .005 on the year, and they are also the source of most of the "BB and Pioli leaving" tabloid talk.

Miami needs a competent talent acquirer to facilitate the rebuilding. And there is a great GM available. Floyd Reese has resigned from the Titans losing out to Fisher.

The Phish should hire Floyd Reese, (The Giants hired Jerry Reese), and in two or three years there will be enough young talent around to entice a great coach.

No good coach will take the job now. So hire a nobody for the cutting and rebuilding effort.

I'm not so sure. Certainly an uneducated observation on my part, but I have this real feeling that Mora, Jr. might be a very competent NFL coach. One thing I am certain of is that with Vick to try to work with, there is no way to tell what kind of offensive team coach he can be - although with Vick out, there was some interesting production by the offense. It's a shame with all of the brain dead comments by the TV pundits that Mora, Sr. got crunched for making one of the more astute comments about Vick being a coach killer.

Mora didn't produce all that well on the defensive side, so there would be concern there. I'm not familiar enough with Atlanta to know how much say he had in drafting and free agent signings to staff the defense. Even if he had a significant say in those matters, I have an impression that there wasn't much quality help for him in that regard from the Falcons front office.

Hope so? Last I recall he almost beat the Patriots with their backup QB. I think he's a better coach then given credit for. I just think that Vick sucks.

Hope so? Last I recall he almost beat the Patriots with their backup QB. I think he's a better coach then given credit for. I just think that Vick sucks.

What I saw is a guy who started fast and then fizzled consistently. The Falcons had playoff talent but came up short and he lost his players. It is unfair to use one play to explain his coaching tenure (but I will anyway). The Falcons were driving down the field and on a key 3rd down a WR dropped the ball, he was on his knees waving his fists at the sky. It is one thing for a fan in his living room to throw his remote at a wall (I am guilty) but a head coach has to be thinking 2-3 plays ahead, his reaction gave his players an excuse to quit.

I stand by my post, I hope he signs with the Dolphins. Combine his style with an aging roster and Miami will be in the basement for the next 3-4 years.

I watch them on TV a lot here in Carolina and he NEVER makes adjustments during the game. Let them have him.

Pro Football Talk is saying that Mike Shula interviewed for the job - that would be even better than Mora Jr. :)

Mike Shula coaching the fins???? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back