Welcome to PatsFans.com

Moore On "The New War President"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

2. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This Moore guy is a real genius.....Does he work for FOXNEWS?
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -7

I guess Mr Moore believes he's some important dude or something. Do you think President Obama even knows who this guy is?

Just look at the guilt trip he's trying lay upon Obama;

"Do you really want to be the new "war president"? If you go to West Point tomorrow night (Tuesday, 8pm) and announce that you are increasing, rather than withdrawing, the troops in Afghanistan, you are the new war president. Pure and simple. And with that you will do the worst possible thing you could do -- destroy the hopes and dreams so many millions have placed in you. With just one speech tomorrow night you will turn a multitude of young people who were the backbone of your campaign into disillusioned cynics. You will teach them what they've always heard is true -- that all politicians are alike. I simply can't believe you're about to do what they say you are going to do. Please say it isn't so."

Is Mr Moore a stable human being? I mean LOOK at the last line! He wrote it in the first person as if Obama might think, "Oh my, Michael whatever-his-name-is is gonna get upset if I do this. Maybe I should re-consider."

NOT!
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

I've been telling people for years Moore is nothing but a "Tub Of Sh!t" who stumbled onto a way to make a lot of money but the liberals loved him for his Anti Bush stuff and his Blame America crap BUT WATCH THEM TURN ON HIM NOW, HE'S PICKING ON THEIR POSTER BOY PRINCE BARRY.

GO GET EM FATSO.....:singing:
  5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

I wonder what part of this campaign promise written in July, 2008 Michael Moore and most of the screeching conservatives here missed?

Obama wrote: "As president, I would pursue a new strategy and begin by providing at least two additional combat brigades to support our effort in Afghanistan. We need more troops, more helicopters, better intelligence-gathering and more non-military assistance to accomplish our mission there."

He said that ending the war in Iraq is "essential to meeting our broader strategic goals, starting in Afghanistan and Pakistan, where the Taliban is resurgent and al-Qaida has a safe haven".

In a separate comment on the campaign trail, Obama said the killings on Sunday reinforced the need to switch resources from Iraq to Afghanistan.

"I continue to believe that we're under-resourced in Afghanistan," he said. "That is the real centre for terrorist activity that we have to deal with and deal with aggressively."

Obama promises 10,000 more troops for Afghanistan | World news | The Guardian
  6. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

The thing is, Moore is right on this.

Obama putting more troops into Afghanistan is going to anger the base that supports him and got him elected.

It would also show that politicians are all just full of sh*t and basically puppets for special interests.
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

You bet he's right and he seems to be as much as I hate to say it "the only stand up guy" among all the phony Bush Hating War Protesters, as soon as President Bullsh!t was elected the Sean Penn's of the Anti War Movement scurried back under their little rocks and have remained Dead Silent, Obama isn't going to CHANGE anything, wake up Obama Groupies the "Change You Can Believe In" is nothing but Chicago Style Crap.

Many Starry Eyed Obama Swooners believed they were voting for an "Anti War President" well they got him....:singing:
  8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

What part of my post did you guys miss???

Obama never ran on the premise of ending the war in Afghanistan - he ran on the premise of expanding it.

No one who actually paid attention during the elections is particularily surprised by his recent acrtions either.

Except maybe you right-leaning guys - or maybe you just weren't paying attention then, either.
  9. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I read the speech.

Even if he advocated for switching resources from Iraq to Afghanistan, he isn't doing this either, so how is it fine?
  10. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

You're absolutely correct. Wasn’t one of the left’s rallying points that Bush took his eye off the ball and focused on Iraq when it was Afghanistan that should have been the priority?

Moore himself seems to want it both ways. He complained in his Farenheight 911 movie that far too few troops were sent to Afghanistan. The lies of Michael Moore. - By Christopher Hitchens - Slate Magazine

Personally, I think Moore and the new “doves” from the right are being hypocritical.
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Viet Nam All Over Again

Nothing Will Be Won

Close Gitmo It Can Be Done In Two Weeks

Obama Is Full Of Sh!t
  12. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

What can I say but "ditto?"
  13. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I agree with you on this. This is actually one move on which Obama has not waffled much on. I think that if there is some criticism to be seen, it was in his delaying what was a fairly obvious conclusion. Meanwhile, kids were dying over there. Then again, the din in his ear from the Pelosi crowd must have been quite deafening and I think that the "playing politics" is a fair criticism. This conclusion is not remotely surprising, even to his detractors. It's the one thing he's been pretty consistent on.

Personally, I'm torn on this one. I was fairly sure that a surge strategy had a chance in Iraq, because the population was different and the dynamics of government and control were vastly different then what we face in Af-Pac.

I am a little less convinced those same tactics will work there. I hope so, but I am a little less sure. I guess we'll see.
  14. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -7

The only FACTS I have seen posted thus far are from MrsPatsFaninVA. Based upon his campaign comments, President Obama has been a stand-up, straight-shooting guy.

So those from the right and the left should have immense respect in that ....

HE HAS KEPT HIS PROMISE!!

Wow! What a concept!
  15. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It's nothing more than moving chess pieces anyway so to me those 2 troop levels really don't mean all that much. One of the best articles on the subject:
    The Real Grand Chessboard and the Profiteers of War

Another excellent read:

Confronting Russia? U.S. Marines In The Caucasus

Coincidently: Murder on the Nevsky Express - Times Online

Moore's hoping for a pivotal point to latch onto especially seeing as his latest documentary's been somewhat of a bust. I haven't seen it so I don't know. MM's a shill;Farenheit 9/11 never touched on much of what it should have. As MM said when asked about that very thing: "That would be unAmerican".
  16. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

If Brzezinski and other officials acknowledged that Afghanistan would eventually topple/bankrupt the Soviet Empire 3 decades ago...

THEN WHY THE F are we now in there, and sending more troops too ??????

Do people actually think the story is going to play any differently for America?

The irony in all of this is we can't afford the Iraq or Afghan wars. CHINA is paying for our wars. Why would they continue to fund us if we're just waging war on their border? They won't for much longer.
  17. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Brezinski HATES Russia. Obama is ZB's puppet. Voila. More on this and of course, The Poppy Fields:
    Preview - Obama Speech - WP -120109

Lots to read about China:
    Washington is Playing a Deeper Game with China

Beijing official urges gold, crude-oil purchases - MarketWatch
  18. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I read all those links, all excellent. You're becoming one of my favorite posters here.
  19. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Glad you enjoyed them :) My favorite posters are the ones who stay away from Dem v Rep/left v right arguments, I mean after 8 years of Bush then almost 1 year of Obama we all should've learned it's all nothing but a dog and pony show and none of it really has a great deal to do with what's best for us, the American people. In fact I don't think what's TRULY going on in any country has much to do with what's best for any particular people unfortunately. Goals are FAR more global and far more "celestial" than any of us.
    Paul Craig Roberts: Americans: Serfs Ruled by Oligarchs Americans: Serfs Ruled By Oligarchs
  20. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Shockingly enough, people on the left can disagree with each other and still maintain mutual respect. By and large I think Moore's mostly been spot on over the years, but he's wrong here.
  21. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ---- JAG ----- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

Obama promised in 2008 to send in an additional 10,000 troops ... which he did.
    Obama never mentioned sending 40,000 beyond that .. if he had he would have lost some support perhaps?
  22. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Obama Is The Leader Of The Anti War Party The Party Of Sean Penn And John Fonda Kerry That Is A Fact
  23. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...

We won't get fooled again...

But we will, the military industrial complex controls this country and is the most fraudulent scheme that the world has ever seen...
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2009