Welcome to PatsFans.com

Moon quotes to live by?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

certain posters take joy in conflating religious topics with politics, so turnabout is fair play.... here's Moon consistently rejecting Jesus:

God's Day 1990 Morning Address - Sun Myung Moon

"Father is the Adam who could restore the failure of Jesus."

Abel's Right Path from the Providential Point of View - Sun Myung Moon

"I told God that He could trust me, that I was different from Jesus. I said I would never, never pray as Jesus did in Gethsemane, "Father, let this cup pass from me."

----------------------

MOONIE CHILDREN ARE BETTER THAN JESUS

Blessing and Ideal Family
    Sun Myung Moon
    Chapter Seven Part 2
    IDEAL FAMILY
    6. THE VALUE OF BLESSED CHILDREN
    Blessed children surpass their parents.

"To bear children rooted in God and True Parents (Ed: Moon and his wife, are called the "True Parents") is more exalted than Mary's bearing the Messiah. The blessed children born of you are better than Jesus, for whom God prepared 4,000 years."​

JESUS DIDN'T ACCOMPLISH EVEN 1000 TIMES WHAT MOON DID

God's Day 1990 Morning Address (first link above)

"Jesus never achieved a thousandth of what Father has done. In his (Ed: Jesus) two years and eight months of public ministry, he didn't even establish the national foundation. Now, Father has established a foundation of worldwide power that is unprecedented in history."

and, my particular favorite, straight from the Unification.net site, from the March 3, 1976 offering:

JESUS NOT ALLOWED IN HEAVEN - JESUS NOT LOVED AS A SON BY GOD

SUN MYUNG MOON
    THE LIBERATION OF HEAVEN AND EARTH
    March 3, 1976 Choongang Training Center Kyungki-do, Korea

"Even Jesus is not in the Kingdom of Heaven. When I saw him, he was in Paradise. Did Jesus, who came in order to liberate the world, fulfill his mission? No, so his mission is not over yet. Since his mission was not completed, he could not be victorious for the liberation of the world and be loved as a son by God. This is the path of the Unification Church today."

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I'm hoping someone here can put those quotes in better context, and/or show how they are outright lies.... Even on the Uni's own web site.

3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 6 / -3

#91 Jersey

This is blasphemus Moon is a False prophet. The other day i asked Fog what would happen when Moon dies, whos going to tell him what to think, whos going to tell what to do, whos going to tell him how what to say to act etc, Is there a new moon on the horizen.

I think i know the answer Moon may think he immortal, if he believes all of the above why wouldn't he.

4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i'm thinking very seriously of buying the essential book on Moonie-ism by K. Gordon Neufeld.

Heartbreak and Rage

5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Here's a hand: pray to Jesus and ask him what HE thinks of Rev. Moon. That should settle it for you and you won't even need to pander to the inherent bias and fear that most people have of the unknown. Manning-up is SOOOOOO much more .... manly. Being a mere rabble rouser is so ..... pathetic.

//

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +813 / 2 / -9

Poll:
    1 Why is it OK to trash Moon
    2 Why is it considered Racist to trash Allah

:confused::confused::confused:

More Poll:
    1 Moon doesn't bomb, behead, amputate or make wives sit in the back seat.

2 Allah bombs, beheads, amputates and treats donkeys better than wives.

Why is it Ok to trash Moon but Racist to Trash Allah

7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

That's great. Thanks so much.

Again:

1) did he or did he not say those critical things about Jesus?

2) who is K. Gordon Neufeld, and what has he allegedly lied about?

8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

by the way, there can never be any doubt now as to who's been running around 1-starring threads.

It was you, Fog, it was always you.

Looking forward to your direct answers to those two questions above.

Did he say those things?

Who is Neufeld?

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +519 / 14 / -28

Is asking a question in an attempt to start intelligent discourse.. trashing someone????

10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Do not feed the trolls...

Fog?

Did Moon not say those things about Jesus?

11. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 6 / -3

#91 Jersey

Lat night i started thinking about something after fog posted this:

"In China there is NO freedom of religion, NO freedom of speech, NO freedom of conscience; the government decides EVERYTHING, and the government is controlled by the one and only party in China: the communist party".
    It seems to me there are a lot of parallels between Communism and cults. I could take fogs communist list above and say Well it sounds pretty much what life is like in the Unification Church. If you belong to the Uni Church do you have

The communists are headed by strong leaders such as Stalin, Mao, and Castro.......The Unification Church...Rev. Moon

From what i remember of the Uni Church you had to give your possessions to the church for the greater good. Same thing in communist country you can't own much the state does.

Freedom of thought ....No

Freedom of consciance....No

Freedom of speech....No

Freedom to chose where you live ...seems not

Freedom to chose what you want to do ....NO

The communist party decides everything..So doesn't Rev. Moon as far as i can tell.

The communist have an army and police.....The Uni Church may not have an army or police as we know them but i'm sure you can't express anything other than what Moon wants other wise you'll be turned in.

One other thing, the communists don't tell newly weds what positions to use on the wedding night.

I'm also not sure if China is communist any longer.

12. Roland

Roland On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I notice the some of the same people in this forum who love to call members racists also routinly like to be racists vs certain religions. Guess they need a release of some kind. To clueless to realize their own racist tendacies. Makes them feel supierior in their own skin. Mental racism, physical racism, religious racism are all the same. Guilt forces the unconcious to overtake the conscious mind. The conscious mind disguises the inner subconscious racisms. Feeble humans and every one an obama supporter. Yeah,yahoo, root for one and nobody will know, yeah they will absolutely they already have. I ain't no Obama sideways talker, change and hope has fueled subconscios racism and the victim has been God.

13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

at this point, I stopped reading... Yo-yo. ... Perhaps you should create a thread about "animals in cages." ... It's your specialty.

anyhow, Fog?

Moon? Rejecting Christ?

please respond. We miss you.

14. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Oh, you've done it now!!! You've gone and pulled the tail of the (paper) tigers!! They're so "liberal" they'll KILL YOU if you stand up to their totalitarianism. Now THAT'S being "liberal".

Face it: Obama's hidden secret agenda to destroy America has been exposed; his attempt to "rock star" his way into The New World Order without God is on display in front of the lights ... and all the cokroaches are screaming for cover!!! "Oh, MOON!!!" "BAD MOON!!" "BAD FOGGY!!!" "BAD FOGBUSTER!!!". Now: "BAD LITHUANIA!!!"

Go ahead, make my day. :D

//

15. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You'll have to see the movie yourself.

Don't let your head explode. Much.

:singing:

//

16. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

My goodness have you been getting your ass kicked today. This empty response above confirms it.

Moon's own words are indefensible for any self-respecting Christian. Your refusal to even address them only crystallizes that fact.

17. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +519 / 14 / -28

Just wanted to comment on your well thought out thread that you posted earlier in the day... the one that Patters deleted, after that everything you post is crap.. pure unadulterated crap...

18. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +351 / 15 / -12

Putting On My Moderator's Hat

Just a note of caution. You can criticize Reverend Moon, but do not make sweeping statements about the Unification Church religion. It is against the rules of this forum to stereotype members of a religion as cultists or in any other way, even if that's what you believe.

19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Re: Putting On My Moderator's Hat

Hi Patters. Undoubtedly, you received a whiney private message from the poster in question.

Anyhow, perhaps you can answer the question Fog can not:

- Can you find anywhere that proves Moon did not say those things about Christ? Or, can you put Moon's words into proper context that shows how he is somehow NOT rejecting Christ?

20. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +725 / 11 / -7

I'd like to add that I personally reject Jesus quite happily, as do a good number of irreligious people here, and the one or two other Jews here. I also have no problem noting that Moon's actions, as a figure in the news (and as a church leader,) are pretty darn suspect.

I also accept, however, that religious belief itself involves belief in outrageous premises if taken as statements of objective fact. This conversation of course belongs next door.

But here's the weird part: Moon's statements as a refutation of Jesus are only blasphemous to Christians... and they are not much more blasphemous than statements by Christians regarding their "predecessor" religion, Judaism, from a Jewish point of view. We Jews -- particularly the Orthodox variety -- are the ones that came up with the talking snake and the multiple killings of Goliath, just as examples. For that matter, I as a reform Jew am constantly coming up with viewpoints that are blasphemous to Orthodox Jews.

Jesus was a cult leader, just a much more successful one. One man's blasphemy is another man's faith.

So Foggy's a Moonie, not a Christian. "Blasphemy" is just not that strong a charge in a forum with multiple religious viewpoints represented.

PFnV

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.