Welcome to PatsFans.com

Moody's Blues

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Jul 14, 2011.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +284 / 5 / -8

U.S. may lose top credit rating soon - Moody's - Business - Stocks & economy - msnbc.com

Translation: You might not have until 8/2 to get a spanking, which will feel like some sort of armageddon compared to normal, but will be negligible compared to an actual default.

Keep playing politics pubbies. Oh that's right, I'm on a board where 50% of the poll responders say "Hey let's just default!"

The something for nothing crowd at their finest.

PFnV
  2. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

This is comparable to when the teacher tells a student to spell CAT and the first letter is C and the last T. I was listening to a (R) congressman on Hardcopy who was comparing the debt ceiling to Don't Ask-Don't Tell. Thus, Moody's must be in on this conspiracy theory. Problem with this theory is, if your wrong the countries deficit goes berserk.
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

The US needs a knight in white satin. Why do we never get an answer when we're knocking at the door?

...sorry...

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  4. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

It's getting to the point where you're no fun anymore ;)
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Stick with the program. (Moody's Blues?)
    Jeez!:mad:
  6. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Man, I was off on that one. Not sure if "Blues" threw me off but I connected Moody Blues with Suite: Judy Blue Eyes which of course was a Crosby Stills and Nash song:blush:
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Hey, just raise the debt ceiling again tomorrow, and instead of defaulting in a few weeks, we crash in two years. 42% of our spending is borrowed if I've been hearing things right. Wow.

BTW, I read today that the Italian government has had a 6-7% drop in cash for six straight months. They're next on the international chopping block. Like I've been saying for a long time now. We (the western world basically) don't have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem.
  8. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The federal gubmit is entering unchartered territory, at least during peacetime. Here's an interesting graph showing the three programs--health, Social Security, and defense--that are by far the biggest spenders.
    http://beauforttribune.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Federal-spending-graph.gif
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

I could probably slash $300-400 billion off the top with no problem were I given the budget and an axe. Everything would be on the table. Defense, entitlements, education dept, corporate subsidies, free trade agreements, illegals, etc. Everything. We won't see that until we legitimately go under. It's inevitable that we will eventually go bankrupt. Absolutely inevitable.
  10. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +252 / 4 / -8

Italy needs something like 1.3M new immigrants each year to be working and paying taxes in order to maintain government services.
  11. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The problem is additionally the immigrant. Those increasingly coming from sub-Saharan Africa need a host of services and aren't as productive as others, such as from The Philippines taking care of the elderly and wiping grandma's butt.

In a post-industrial economy what use is a goat herder from Somalia with an IQ well below the Italian norm? He or she will more likely drain resources than add to the till.

In another thread, the discussion was about the future of Europe, and I added here and here that Europe has lost its vitality, which is largely a religious issue with people being practical materialists and having only one child per couple. Birth rates are very telling, something that's also a problem in Quebec and Rhode Island and parts in between.
  12. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

[​IMG]

Sorry squared ... cubed even.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  13. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Now Moody's asks the same question I do: why even have a ceiling?

Moody's Suggests US Eliminates Debt Ceiling

Of course, one could argue that having a limit provides certainty of a sort (i.e. sets a limit on total outstanding debt), but luckily bubbles only happen in the evil private sector.
  14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Awesome! You managed to somehow connect the credit rating due to the debt ceiling issue with black people! Apparently no stretch is too far for the Spartan....Sucking up to the Italians on the board with the compliment about their IQ's being higher than Somalis. Hear that RW?

...Nope...no racism here. No one's a racist on this board.
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Now, I'm not saying you're wrong, but in fairness to the point made, Italy does suffer from a high level of invaders from Africa. Think of Africa as being Italy's southern border, USA style. Furthermore, most of the 3rd world is not white Wistah, and if you toss political correctness out the window, the 3rd world population is generally less educated than it's western counterparts. So by sheer rule it's usually going to be that the 3rd world illegals (mostly minority) who move into western world countries (mostly white), are going to be low skilled and barely educated. You might not like it, and it might not be PC, but that's reality.

Oh, and not for nothing, State must be talking about northern Italians and IQ. Cuz where I'm from in southern Italy, most residents couldn't spell IQ. :D
  16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I get all of that. I would never dispute that the 3d world is less educated or less skilled than the 1st world. Without being PC at all, no one could argue rationally that geography and climate don't play important roles in the lack of development in the countries of the middle of the planet. Sorta like the comparison between New Englanders and Oklahomans. You just can't get any traction or progress when your town is getting wiped out by famine, drought, tornadoes, or monssons. Who's better off? Bangladesh or Pakistan. I'm betting it's Pakistan, although they are nearly identical racially and culturally, right? The key difference is geography. Not everyone on the planet can cram into Virginia, Germany or France, as much as they would like to...and they do try.
  17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Oh, and my aunt, a Sicilian, is one of the brightest people I've ever met. She's on the BOD of a very famouse university in Boston.
  18. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Nice title.
  19. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings: