Welcome to PatsFans.com

Moochelle staying in Hawaii

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Triumph, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triumph

Triumph Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +472 / 65 / -35

#32 Jersey

2. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 15 / -23

#61 Jersey

Yeah, well, she needs to work on her tan.

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +824 / 27 / -33

People can whyne and bytch all they want, but this is your first family for the next 49 months.. get over it.

4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

And if he had stayed the intended 10 days you'd be complaining about that, too.

5. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +1,026 / 30 / -34

why get over it?

you're still whining and bytching about bush......YOU get over it

6. Ivan

Ivan Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +1,804 / 37 / -73

#75 Jersey

The Republican led congress works less than 100 days a year and the Bush administration spent more time on vacation than any in history, the hypocrisy and dishonesty on these issues is reflective of the dishonesty and hypocrisy of all those who subscribe to right wing ideology. Fortunately for all of us the republican party is like the Shakers, with one exception, they are old, white, and dying off, the only difference is the Shakers weren't filthy rich.

Hope you enjoyed the wars and wild spending of the Bush years because you won't be seeing a republican in the White house for a long long long time, rich old white men alone are no longer enough to win national elections, and the extremist policies they promote don't appeal to anyone else.

7. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +1,026 / 30 / -34

except that the OP was about the first lady........ teach your brain to stay on task

8. OMGWTFJUDD

OMGWTFJUDD Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Being Prez of the World is expensive stuff, like it or not the First Lady is part of the package. It requires her to put in a truckload of hours as well.

If you are unhappy with the costs associated with having to look after the Prez's family then vote for single people.

9. Hamar

Hamar In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +470 / 3 / -3

#11 Jersey

Congress is Congress, whether led by Republicans or Democrats. Either way we the people do not even come close to getting our money's worth out of those rich, elitist bastards.

Oh, and you are kidding yourself if you think Democrats are not also filthy rich.

10. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,013 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

She's no Mother Teresa that's for sure ............

Much closer to being Mrs. Howell.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  11. Nunchucks

Nunchucks In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +248 / 19 / -7

12. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +1,026 / 30 / -34

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  13. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +2,013 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Has nothing to do with feeling better ... she is very accomplished, a great mom, great wife and an amazing women. I am sure she has inspired many young women in the country to reach for the stars. I have previously posted I have great respect for her more than once.

But she still likes to spend money like a drunken sailor - it is what it is - perception is there.

14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

How do you figure? She's notorious for buying clothes which are from very reasonably priced stores or new and cheap designers. She doesn't entertain lavishly. She's very hands-on with her children, who also dress quite normally and within a reasonable budget.

She takes a few vacations a year -- as did each and every first lady before her.

Seriously, I'd love to see what you're basing your perception on since it differs greatly from my own.

15. IllegalContact

Ratings:
    +1,026 / 30 / -34

the same perception that has GWB actually vacationing every single one of those 1000 or so days he spent in crawford, tx even though he had meetings with 17 foreign heads of state as well as countless other government meetings during his 'vacation' time.

16. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +227 / 1 / -0

#95 Jersey

Maybe it's just me but if the choice was an extended vacation alone or spending New Year's with my spouse, I'd prefer to ring in the New Year with the spouse...
    Putting partisan politics aside for a minute, this is typical of Washington DC being oblivious to the real world. When we talk about fiscal responsibility, it saves a lot of money if you only have the jet making one trip from Hawai'i, not two. Yes it also happens with Republicans so I'm not harping because he has a D after his name, but coming back with her husband would have sent a message that they understand about saving the government money....

17. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +2,013 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Lol PF ..... I knew that other first lady line was coming. Perception is everything and so is change from the past same old same thing.

18. Hebeill

Hebeill 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

19. Ivan

Ratings:
    +1,804 / 37 / -73

#75 Jersey

I'm in no way dumb enough to think Democrats don't have more than their share of the filthy rich, the difference is that in general they aren't looking to get richer by completely screwing those who don't have much if anything. This republican party is the most extreme and irresponsible that I have ever seen, and they are only getting worse. They start wars they refuse to pay for, cut taxes on the richest with no plan to make up the difference and create huge deficits by doing so, and then blame democrats for their irresponsibility. They take one of the strongest economies in american history and lead it into economic collapse and then scream about the measures that save it from total collapse, which is really what many of them wanted, as that would have permanently bankrupted the social safety nets they hate so much. They attack women on all fronts and can't even commit to paying them equal pay for equal work. they scream about job creation while supporting policies that reward companies for shipping their work to countries with no pay or environmental standards and refuse to hold those who are hiding their incomes abroad responsible for their taxes. They support the most extreme positions of the gun nuts while 12,000 people a year, mostly young blacks, are slaughtered , and their only answer to the slaughter is more weapons, might as well be in Somalia. And now, in what may be their most irresponsible act in the long disgraceful history of their party, are looking to default on paying our bills and throw the entire world economy in depression simply because they can't have their way on billionaires paying a little more on their incomes than they do now. Oh my, Mitt may have to hold off on the waterfalls Anne wanted to put in their camps at Tahoe. In short they are batsh.t crazy and any sane person should be able to see that, unfortunately in this country members of both party's are so slavishly devoted to them that it really doesn't matter what they do because they will still support them, as will their rich donors.

While I don't look forward to the economic suicide the crazies are promising if they don't get their way I do look forward to the impending schism in the republican party that will make it no factor in national elections, and possibly local elections going forward. At some point the sane, responsible, and concerned members of the republican party are going to separate themselves from the nutbag right wingers/tea baggers, and that schism will leave them not enough members to affect major elections. I have friends who are moderate conservatives and friends who are batsh.t crazy tea baggers, and now I get to stand by and watch as they slug it out on these issues, because that's where the real problems lie right now, between the right and the batsh.t crazy right, not between republicans and democrats.

20. Ivan

Ratings:
    +1,804 / 37 / -73

#75 Jersey

Doubt it, in 4 years there will be even fewer rich old white men to vote republican, can't see any republlican winning with a "coalition" that looks exactly like Mitt Romney.

Want to see the "coalition" the republicans have put together, go look at the class picture of the republican house leadership, might as well be a klan meeting, with one woman to take minutes, of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.