PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Montana vs Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so. I've always thought Brady was the best QB of his generation, and I definitely think he was better than say Elway, Favre, Manning and Marino. But Montana is different. No offense to Tom, who I think is top 4 or 5, but Montana really was a class apart.

It is fine to have an opinion even if no stats back it up. I have been watching pro football since the 50's and have seen all the QB's being discussed other than Graham and Baugh. I don't know of any areas where Montana is clearly better.

Winning percentage is a bit of biased stat, just like number of superbowls won. At the end of the day, you just have to watch the tape to really see what's being talked about.

We could look at TD's to INT which show how a QB distributes the ball and makes decisions. Brady 275 TD/109 Int, 2.52 TD/Int. Montana 273 TD/ 139 Int 1.96 TD/Int.

I mean I can go over X and Os. I can say that Joe probably has an accuracy and defense reading edge. I can probably say that Brady does the play action better and has a stronger arm, or that Joe had quicker feet and was more elusive. But at the end of the day, they are both ridiculously good, and it comes down small differences.

They are both great, there is no objective measurement that says Montana is better than Brady. But we all have opinions based on what we see. IMO at the end of the day Brady will be the GOAT and it won't be close since I think he has a couple more SB's in his future.

The fact that Montana was throwing to the greatest WR in history for much of his career hasn't received enough attention here.

The fact that Montana was throwing to the greatest WR in history for much of his career hasn't received enough attention here.

Not just greatest Wr probably the be player of all time with Walter Payton IMO

I'd take Montana without a second's hesitation. I don't care if Brady wins 2 more Super Bowls. I love Brady but he's no Joe and I say that with respect.

I'd take Montana without a second's hesitation. I don't care if Brady wins 2 more Super Bowls. I love Brady but he's no Joe and I say that with respect.

That sounds reasonable.

that's a bit irrational, how could you say that with respect, lol.

Joe also had an offensive coach in Walsh implementing the high percentage passing attack of the west coast offense. 49ers had a dominate D and also played in sunny SF.

I don't think either one is light years ahead of the other but your entitled to your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back