PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Montana on Brady and Weis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q: What do you think about Tom Brady being compared to you all the time?

A: It's nice (for me) to be compared to someone who's doing so well and still playing. Tom's a great quarterback. He has a great presence and a great mind and makes great decisions because of that. He's a big student of the game and that makes a big difference with your on field performance whether people want to believe it or not. Spending time off the field, for a quarterback, is as important as the actual practice time.
What a class act.

Joe knows real talent when he sees it.I remember Brady saying that he was very nervous when he 1st met Joe before Superbowl XXXIX.Brady is the new Montana mixed with a little Bradshaw.

Lovely interview. I hope that in twenty or thirty years time Tommy will be as modest and gracious.

This is why Tom and Joe along with Roger Staubach are three of my favorite players who have ever played in the NFL.

I don't see any Bradshaw in the mix. And I think Tom will actually do better post career because he has the same combination of humility and intensity but he's a little more polished and outgoing personality wise and more well rounded and prepared to not just deal with life after football but to embrace it. But then Joe grew up in a very different era. Joe has had some damage control to do too since his no show for the coin toss at XL.

That may be a lovely, nice, respectful article, but Joe Montana was an absolute JERK to Steve Young back in the day, and I consider much of his persona to be a bit overblown. TheSuper Bowl appearance fee was yet another look inside. Glad he likes Brady - but then, what's not to like?

Mike the Brit said:
Lovely interview. I hope that in twenty or thirty years time Tommy will be as modest and gracious.

Mike says the nicest things.

smg93 said:
This is why Tom and Joe along with Roger Staubach are three of my favorite players who have ever played in the NFL.
yep, those sum up my favorites too!

Jim Miller just gushed about Brady when I called into the NFL Network's "Afternoon Blitz" today to ask him about Brady as a teammate (given all the negative talk surrounding Terrell Owens' attributes as a teammate).

He just went on and on about Brady- called him the anti-Owens (lol) and said that he could go on for hours- the rest of the show about how great a person, player and teammate Brady was to him and is in general.

He also thinks that BB is going to overcome the challenges of not having AV to rely on this season. Said that by making Gostskowski kick FGs in the OTAs and hinge the rest of the team not having to run on whether he makes those kicks is part of his genius- that he's already putting the kid into pressure situations before training camp has even started.

Good to hear from ya, Major!

Thanks.

Still in dial-up hell here, but hoping to upgrade soon.

I'll be around a lot more then.

Haterproof said:
Joe knows real talent when he sees it.I remember Brady saying that he was very nervous when he 1st met Joe before Superbowl XXXIX.Brady is the new Montana mixed with a little Bradshaw.
Tom Brady is a little looney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots