Welcome to PatsFans.com

montana-congressman-supports-drunk-driving

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsWSB47, Mar 31, 2011.

1. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +246 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Thought I'd beat Darryl to it:D

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +778 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

I was watching this guy on "Morning Joe" this morning.....it was a ray of sunshine in an otherwise rainy cloudy DC day. It's good to start the morning with a laugh sometimes.

The good congressman from Montana is - you guessed it - a bar owner.

Funny thing, though, when he was running for congressman he did not mention the repeal of drunk driving laws as part of his campaign promise. He talked alot about watching his 10 grandchilden growing up in Montana - thank God, of course, and how it was of utmost importance "that we place a constitutional conservative in this seat."

He promised to address fiscal responsibility, to assure Montana residents that he would fight for their second ammendment rights - because surely our forefathers did not intend us to need our guns for hunting and/or target practice, but for protection and fighting. He promised to fight against legalized abortion because the thought of all the great leaders which have already been aborted is too much for him to bear and he promised to fight against unconstitutional federal law being forced on the states.

About Alan Hale for HD 77

Not a word about bringing back the time-honored, freedom-defining right to drive while drunk, though. Not a word.

What a bonus he's brought to his constituents. I'll bet they're thrilled to know he's willing to go the extra mile to ensure that Montana tradition isn't lost.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,126 / 3 / -10

Politicians are all friggin drunks thats why he's doing it.

On The Bridge
    Mary Jo "Teddy come back save me, blub blub arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
    Teddy "I'll be back tomorrow, I gotta make some phone calls"

:bricks:

4. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +221 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

I didn't know he got off the island........
    [​IMG]

Let a loved one be the victim of a DUI and he might be singing a different tune...

PS If I read it correctly, he's a State rep, not a Congressman...

5. Gainzo

Gainzo In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +103 / 2 / -3

#11 Jersey

Montana my be rural but letting 14 year olds drive?

Driver Licensing - MT Dept of Justice

If Rep Hale gets his way some drunken idiot could kill a 14 year old on his/her way home from the local gin mill. Awesome :rolleyes:

Disclaimer: If it was up to me I wouldn't let anyone drive until they are at least 17. Driving at 14, 15 or even 16 doesn't make sense to me. Drive a car at 15? Cool. Do anything else at that age? Bad.

I know there are restrictions on junior operators but if a teenager has the keys then all bets are off.

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +816 / 27 / -33

Spent a lot of time in Louisiana lately and they say they have a lot of DUI's.. consider their drive through Daiguiri stands..

We were with a bunch of folks and on the second to last night wanted to get a gallon of Dauquiri's.. so we pull up and were confused by the 25 choices of daiquiri offered, decided that the "death brew" was not a good choice... then to the window comes this young lass in daisy dukes and a tank top complete with a well endowed set of uppers, bulging out of the top.

We ordered our gallon, when she brought it to us along with four large styrofoam cups.. complete with lids and straws in case we wanted to drink and drive...

Apparently the La. law lets you drink daiquiri's while you drive as long as you have the lid on, something about an open containers law..

Wear your seatbelts..

7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +778 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Opps...you're right. Your headline confused me. I saw "congressman" and I ran with it.

My bad.

8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,991 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

wow ... Rhode Island is Amish compared to that story. We get arrested for an open can or bottle of beer in the car.

9. Gunnails

Gunnails In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

==============================================================

There is a similar law here in OR, the reasoning behind is that some of theses kids live off the bus route and need away to get to school, and also to allow them to drive farm equipment and trucks on the public roads from one field to the next.

When I was a kid in school there were quite a few friends that I knew that were in this situation.

Now a days things may be quite different, MT is a huge and sparsely populated state, I remember in the early 80s you could roll down the hwy with an open beer on your dash at 100 mph, if you got caught for speeding it was a 5 dollar ticket payable on the spot.