PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Monday Night Football New Broadcasters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanfrom1960

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Mike Tirico, Joe Theisman and Tony Kornheiser. Quite a comedown from Al Michaels and John Madden.

Fanfrom1960 said:
Mike Tirico, Joe Theisman and Tony Kornheiser. Quite a comedown from Al Michaels and John Madden.

Tony Kornheiser I don't quite get. Are they trying to resurrect the ghost of Howard Cosell or something?

I remember Kornheiser was a finalist for the job when ABC hired Rush Limbaugh.

I am somewhat disappointed to see this line up. I thought Mike Patrick did a fine job and the chemistry between Theisman and Paul McGuire had some decent entertainment value.

Last edited:
Tunescribe said:
Tony Kornheiser I don't quite get. Are they trying to resurrect the ghost of Howard Cosell or something?

That's exactly what Mike and Mike said this morning.

PATSummerallofthe80s said:
I remember Kornheiser was a finalist for the job when ABC hired Rush Limbaugh.

I am somewhat disappointed to see this line up. I thought Mike Patrick did a fine job and the chemistry between Theisman and Paul McGuire had some decent entertainment value.
When did ABC hire Limbaugh?

Kornheiser is there to improve the photogenics...can't be for the keen insight into the game. :eek:

Box_O_Rocks said:
When did ABC hire Limbaugh?

It was either two or three seasons ago. He was dismissed after a couple of games for contraversial remarks he made about Donovan McNabb.

PatsFanInEaglesLand said:
Is Al Michaels going to NBC?

Haven't heard that but I did hear that Bob Costas will be the pre-game in studio host. I could be wrong but thought that's what I've read.

Theisman is still in? WHY???? That original ESPN Sunday Nite crew should join Flutie at the glue factory. They were beyond awful.

Tirico is decent and I am not quite sure what to make of Kornhesier without Wilbon.

It was either two or three seasons ago. He was dismissed after a couple of games for contraversial remarks he made about Donovan McNabb.
Limbaugh worked for ESPN during the so-called McNabb controversy.

well

I think Tirico will do great! Other than that though it looks terrible. I lile Kornheiser on PTI--but he needs to stay on PTI! It looks like a train wreck in the making!

Who is Madden's partner now? I thought it was Bob Costas---so if Costas is doing pregame, does that mean Michaels is there now?

Box_O_Rocks said:
Limbaugh worked for ESPN during the so-called McNabb controversy.

You are correct. I got confused as I now remember him being on ESPN Game Day at a desk by himself. My fault.

I think I confused it because there was one year that he was being considered for the MNF announcing team.

But I also know that about Kornheiser as he was a finalist one year.

You are correct. I got confused as I now remember him being on ESPN Game Day at a desk by himself. My fault.

I think I confused it because there was one year that he was being considered for the MNF announcing team.

But I also know that about Kornheiser as he was a finalist one year.
Could be, the few times I've watched PTI I've been unimpressed, but I ignore most broadcast teams for their constant drivel anyway.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Could be, the few times I've watched PTI I've been unimpressed, but I ignore most broadcast teams for their constant drivel anyway.

I think Kornheiser and Lupica are quite talented sportswriters. When i see them on Sports Reporters or PTI, it kind of dilutes it for me. They should be behind a keyboard and not a camera.

I think Kornheiser and Tirco bring the show up a notch, while they would do the show justice by replacing Thiesman with Sterling Sharpe.. Tirico and Sharpe were good during the brief couple of games they did...

Garbanza said:
That original ESPN Sunday Nite crew should join Flutie at the glue factory.

LOL. Classic.

i guess im the only one in here that doesnt really like tirico

i think kornheiser could be good (cant be any worse than madden)

madden has to be the worst analyst in football right now
im not sure if the reason we all remember him for being good is because hes lost it, or if its because everyone else has just gotten better
but i can remember growin up with madden as a great analyst, so im really not sure what happened

mtbykr said:
I think Tirico will do great! Other than that though it looks terrible. I lile Kornheiser on PTI--but he needs to stay on PTI! It looks like a train wreck in the making!

Who is Madden's partner now? I thought it was Bob Costas---so if Costas is doing pregame, does that mean Michaels is there now?

I like Tirico as well. I have never really liked Joe T as an analyst. I have no idea how well Kornheiser will do. I suspect that he will be ok at first, then he will get annoying after awhile.

How about Wilbon and Kornheiser as MNF analysts? Tirico would never get a word in.

madden will be with al michaels again on sunday night football on nbc.

a good combo during a good game. but they lose interest quickly in boring games.

Kornheiser and Theismann, huh? How many times are the Redskins on this year? Curious theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes