PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Monday Night Football: Baltimore Ravens at Detroit Lions - preview and prediction

Re: Big MNF Game - Ravens at Lions 12-16-2013

Megadrops.

2nd of the night. Lions should cut his asz, he's killing his team (hey, if he was a Patriot, many on this board would be calling for it)

lions look uninspired...pathetic to play like this on MNF

Baltimore D has taken their inspiration from them

How is that not PI?

WHAT IS PI

Should have been PI but refs were too chicken to call it.

2nd of the night. Lions should cut his asz, he's killing his team (hey, if he was a Patriot, many on this board would be calling for it)

lol are people really blaming megatron? Not his fault his OC is calling for him to drop the ball.

Why isn't that intentional grounding like it was for Brady vs Seattle last year?

I wonder if the lions would take a 4th round pick for him :rolleyes:

That's only intentional grounding in Seattle.

That's only intentional grounding in Seattle.

And in the Super Bowl.

Ridiculous.

That call was horrifically bad and it changed the entire Super Bowl.

Kudos to the Ravens/FO for losing everyone on defense to FA/retirement and still turning out a top 10 D. Daryl Smith was a steal for veteran minimum.

lol scam not exactly sharpest tool in the shed.

So up in Seattle the intentional grounding was 100% wrongly called?

So up in Seattle the intentional grounding was 100% wrongly called?

It might technically be the right call, but it's literally never called ever except that one time. Really bizarre timing. Brady is basically the only QB to ever get called for grounding.

Kudos to the Ravens/FO for losing everyone on defense to FA/retirement and still turning out a top 10 D. Daryl Smith was a steal for veteran minimum.

Yeah its kinda like the pats free agent acquisitions - you know, the ones who get cut, retire or go on IR in training camp....

It might technically be the right call, but it's literally never called ever except that one time. Really bizarre timing. Brady is basically the only QB to ever get called for grounding.

Ok, ridiculous really, it can't be more clear than how Flacco did it now, Brady was under alot of pressure as well!

Re: Re: Big MNF Game - Ravens at Lions 12-16-2013

Uneven applications of the rules, especially traveling and low post foul calling, is what ended up driving me away from watching NBA games.

Like PI, defensive holding, or holding in general? Not calling holding on the back side is one thing, but when a center wraps up Hightower at the POA for a TD, BS. When Hooman can't get the call yesterday, and the absolute garbage calls tonight....I said it earlier in the week...We would get the minority of the calls (how many times was Chandler held last game? Legitimately, would have had a sack, held? The hold to spring 42 on 4th and 5?!) in the name of parity, ratings, and "important games," going forward. I would expect it this week as well. This game has been handed to Baltimore the last few minutes. The margin of error is simply too small for terribly inconsistent, ratings driven officiating. It makes me sick.

My father is bringing my wife and I to the buffalo game to end the season. I was going to get her a jersey. I was also thinking Sunday ticket would be worth it next year. The hell with that. The NFL is as bad if not worse (fine high, go after legs) than the NBA. Just watch any of the super bowls since Goodell hads taken over. It's a shame. I'm not saying the calls cost us Sunday. Ghost truly cost us Sunday, but things happen. Amendola couldn't bring in the winner. Brady over lead minitron for the winner...The list goes on.

What is absolutely undeniable is the fact that the officiating has been on an exponential decline the last few years. It started in big games, and this year has been clearly evident all season. Not even week to week, but simply game to game per week. The zebras throw flags like the last few minutes of this game for us v. phins...game goes on infinitely until we finally punch it in. Hell, they don't pick up Carolina and who knows...but then five head isn't in first place...

Ok, maybe not quite that bad, but seriously? A garbage pi, followed by a well covered receiver diving BACK through two defenders, for a fifteen yard shot to the head penalty? I love this game, but I'm about done with it.

Can anyone remind new which team winning would be better for "parity" and ratings next week...I think I'll go buy a season pass to wwe...with the winnings off the home dog who puts eight teams contention for the wild card...

Big MNF Game - Ravens at Lions 12-16-2013

This is the same ref that called it on Brady in the Super Bowl. John Parry.

Clete Blakeman was reffing the Seattle game.

Explains it then.

When do officiating schedules come out? If I can get them on say...Thursday, I'll easily wager a few weeks pay.

I'm only kind of kidding

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back