PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Monday Morning QB, no mention of Jets tampering

Galeb

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Peter King is a first class douchebag. Not only is he a league stooge, his rambling, self-centered writing style is grating at best. I read his MMQB this morning just to see if he mentioned the new Jets tampering investigation. Unless I missed it (I scanned through anything that didn't look relevant), he didn't mention the tampering once in all of his rambling about Revis. His lack of even mentioning the Jets fresh tampering confirms that the league isn't taking it seriously and wants it swept under the rug.

The NFL has learned nothing from the multitude of recent failings and embarrassments. Don't expect much of any punishment for the Jets, nevermind reasonable compensation for the Pats. **** the NFL. As much as I love the Pats, I'm not sure how much more of the NFL I can stomach.

edit... I"m referring specifically to the weekly article written by Peter King.

Last edited:
If it's the article I'm thinking of, it was written by Greg Bedard and he wrote essentially that Woody's comments were tampering but the Jets didn't tamper with Revis...Say what????

EDIT Here's the quote and I won't grace it with a link...
Bedard from MMQB said:
"Don’t listen to all the noise about New York, or about Woody Johnson’s “tampering” (sure, Johnson broke the tampering rule, but if you think actual tampering occurred, I have packaged snow to sell you)."

I am dumber for having read it and trying to understand it.

If it's the article I'm thinking of, it was written by Greg Bedard and he wrote essentially that Woody's comments were tampering but the Jets didn't tamper with Revis...Say what????
Regardless of whether other articles on the site mention it, the weekly Monday Morning QB weekly article should absolutely mention something so significant. Peter King chose not to. The only reason I ever give his articles a click is to get a bead on the NFL's stance on things.

Peter King is a first class douchebag. Not only is he a league stooge, his rambling, self-centered writing style is grating at best. I read his MMQB this morning just to see if he mentioned the new Jets tampering investigation. Unless I missed it (I scanned through anything that didn't look relevant), he didn't mention the tampering once in all of his rambling about Revis. His lack of even mentioning the Jets fresh tampering confirms that the league isn't taking it seriously and wants it swept under the rug.

The NFL has learned nothing from the multitude of recent failings and embarrassments. Don't expect much of any punishment for the Jets, nevermind reasonable compensation for the Pats. **** the NFL. As much as I love the Pats, I'm not sure how much more of the NFL I can stomach.

I would point you to a post last week in regards to Peter King actually bringing up Tampergate.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...of-tampering-ever.1117800/page-7#post-4152787

The non-punishment for the Jets tampering will come out immediately following the releasing of the Wels report right after the league meetings have concluded so Roger the Dodger can avoid any questioning in public and the tampering (non) decision can get lost and drowned out by the hysteria of re-inserting Deflategate back as the national topic.

Last edited:
It is a fact that no one cares outside of New England. It is just the truth.
Sure, but were the situation reversed, the country would be in an uproar. NFL policy and discipline should be appropriate and consistent, regardless of media or fan reaction. I was merely pointing out that Peter King is a jackass league shill and that his lack of mentioning it shows that the league doesn't care either.

Last edited:

Can we just stop this victim mentality?
Peter King writes and article that doesn't mention tampering. (He already wrote about it before though)
So now this is proof that Peter King is simply a mouthpiece for the league, and the league has instructed him not to mention it (surprisingly the league announced they were going to investigate) in order to sweep it under the carpet, because we are the Patriots and naturally we will be persecuted, so the conspiracy is in and the league is going to take a dishonest and unethical approach to this because we all know they will never treat the Patriots fairly.
It makes the whole fan base look bad.

Can we just stop this victim mentality?
Peter King writes and article that doesn't mention tampering. (He already wrote about it before though)
So now this is proof that Peter King is simply a mouthpiece for the league, and the league has instructed him not to mention it (surprisingly the league announced they were going to investigate) in order to sweep it under the carpet, because we are the Patriots and naturally we will be persecuted, so the conspiracy is in and the league is going to take a dishonest and unethical approach to this because we all know they will never treat the Patriots fairly.
It makes the whole fan base look bad.
Just another "poster" applying the "victim mentality" to an opposing viewpoint. There is a mountain of evidence of the NFL's obvious bias. Your inability to see it says much, but not as much as the need to apply labels like "victim mentality" to those who disagree with you.

I expect the NFL to use a Friday late afternoon news cycle to dump all their "gates". I still don't know what to expect for them all: DeflateGate, TamperGate, NoiseGate, TextGate.

I expect the NFL to use a Friday late afternoon news cycle to dump all their "gates". I still don't know what to expect for them all: DeflateGate, TamperGate, NoiseGate, TextGate.

Good Friday is coming up. That is my target date for them to dump all the punishments and the Wells Report.

Just another "poster" applying the "victim mentality" to an opposing viewpoint. There is a mountain of evidence of the NFL's obvious bias. Your inability to see it says much, but not as much as the need to apply labels like "victim mentality" to those who disagree with you.
Its not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing, its a matter of sounding like paranoid whiners.
You just posted that Peter King is in the pocket of the NFL and they dictate what he is allowed to write, and that they have a vendetta against the Patriots, so not only will treat them unfairly, but will work have to cover it up.
That is tin foil hat stuff.

There is no evidence of bias. There are rulings (or is it A ruling) that Patriot fans disagree with. I disagree, but to act as if it was some obvious bias is ludicrous. Go ahead with the Goodell worked for the Jets once, blah, blah, blah. Again, attitudes like your make the entire fan base look bad.

But by all means please list this mountain of evidence of bias for me.

Sure, but were the situation reversed, the country would be in an uproar. NFL policy and discipline should be appropriate and consistent, regardless of media or fan reaction. I was merely pointing out that Peter King is a jackass league shill and that his lack of mentioning it shows that the league doesn't care either.

The media will always attack the Pats on any cheating allegation no matter how minor or ridiculous. We just have to accept that it is the way these things work. The Pats are never given the benefit of a doubt for anything and everyone else will be given a free pass.

I'm thinking (hoping) that this time, unlike with CameraPlacementGate that Bob Kraft is not willing to take one for the league and will fight back.

We have seen what happens with the opposite approach.

I'm thinking (hoping) that this time, unlike with CameraPlacementGate that Bob Kraft is not willing to take one for the league and will fight back.

We have seen what happens with the opposite approach.
CameraPlacementGate was a violation of the rules. That finding was expected. The severity of the punishment was the screwing.
In the case of football inflation, there was no rule violated, so there will be no punishment.
In the case of tampering, there is a strong precedent for offenses that seem to me to be lesser, so the Jets will receive some type of punishment.

But by all means please list this mountain of evidence of bias for me.
Joker and others have done so on numerous occasions. Your inability to allow new information to alter your perspective once you've made up your mind makes re-posting that information futile.

Regretfully, my bladder capacity and urination prowess are not much greater than average, so I will be unable to partake in a 20+ page argument with you on this issue. Were the source credible, I would apply more effort to countering this absurd "victim mentality" claim, but as it is, I have already dedicated more effort than is warranted in this situation.

Have a nice day. :)

League meetings are next mon-wed (22nd-25th). The dump will be on the 27th so Goodell can deflect questions during that time. I DO expect draft pick compensation but picks will not be flipped until the comp picks have been announced and draft order set. That would actually make sense.

There's no way Goodell can rule no compensation and save face with the 2 previous rulings out there. The fact that the player in question actually went to the team in question leaves no doubt. The only swap of picks this year that could be remotely workable and justifiable would be in the 4th.

If the OTC projections of 3 picks being awarded at the end of 3rd are correct, we'd be looking at getting #104 for #131. The Jets have no 5th or 6th and our 7th is higher than theirs.

The media will always attack the Pats on any cheating allegation no matter how minor or ridiculous. We just have to accept that it is the way these things work. The Pats are never given the benefit of a doubt for anything and everyone else will be given a free pass.
You're missing the point. The NFL's decisions should be just and appropriate. That has nothing to do with the media.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back