PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moment I realized season was over...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DelawarePAT

Rookie
Reaction score
Just over 8 minutes left in the game...we just scored to bring us to 24-13.
I was confident. I deeply believed we'd three and out them and score quickly again to make this game very interesting...despite all that had happened up to that point. I mean I would have bet everything on that.
When Denver rolled out to pass on first down our D just totally bit on the play action. Watching Willie get humiliated is almost comical now. Mangini or BB totally screwed up on the D call....but I remember thinking what a great call by Shannahan....shear brilliance. Amazing how he and Cowher shed some of their conservatism this weekend and came out winners.

when plummer rolled out i just yelled out oh SH!T!. I saw how much we bit on it, and like you, I knew it was over.

Yup. That was the final nail in the coffin. Really really great play call.

Honestly, no sour grapes here, but there were only two plays in that entire game that really impressed me from Denver: the Bailey pick and that rollout.

Maybe the Sauerbreun forced fumble as well.

DelawarePAT said:
I was confident. I deeply believed we'd three and out them and score quickly again to make this game very interesting...despite all that had happened up to that point. I mean I would have bet everything on that.
When Denver rolled out to pass on first down our D just totally bit on the play action. Watching Willie get humiliated is almost comical now. Mangini or BB totally screwed up on the D call....but I remember thinking what a great call by Shannahan....shear brilliance. Amazing how he and Cowher shed some of their conservatism this weekend and came out winners.

what part of delaware are you from? im going to middletown on friday for the weekend to visit my girlfriend.

Dover, DE....flea....about 20 minutes south of Middletown. And yes it is the Armpit of America!!!

Once we got beat by the Chargers, at home, 41-17. I began thinking threepeat again after the Tampa win, but Troy's fumble was the harsh reminder that 2005 just wasn't our year.

Seymour93 said:
Once we got beat by the Chargers, at home, 41-17. I began thinking threepeat again after the Tampa win, but Troy's fumble was the harsh reminder that 2005 just wasn't our year.

The moment I knew we weren't going to the Super Bowl was when the Texas Longhorns won the National Championship. After that, I said to myself..."Hell has officially froze over. No way in hell do we win a Super Bowl title this season."

huskeralk said:
The moment I knew we weren't going to the Super Bowl was when the Texas Longhorns won the National Championship. After that, I said to myself..."Hell has officially froze over. No way in hell do we win a Super Bowl title this season."

You Kansas inbred SOB, do you always have to delegitimize my posts? Now f--- off and go wank over a "BEST OF THE CORNHUSKERS: The 1970's" vintage VHS tape! :beersign:

Seymour93 said:
You Kansas inbred SOB, do you always have to delegitimize my posts? Now f--- off and go wank over a "BEST OF THE CORNHUSKERS: The 1970's" vintage VHS tape! :beersign:

:D 70's? We OWNED the 90's!! And how does a Texan get away with calling anyone inbred? :rocker:

Last edited:
huskeralk said:
:D 70's? We OWNED the 90's!!

How typical. Always livin' in the past.

And how does a Texan get away with calling anyone inbred? :rocker:

22 millon Texans... that's a lot of inbreeding. One things for sure, you'll find no nineties dinosaurs in this state. :p

huskeralk said:

You know, for some reason, I thought the same thing! I thought if USC can win 3 in a row, so can we. But when they lost and so handly lost, I just felt kinda defeated!

The moment Willie bopped Larry.

the interception

DelawarePAT said:

In our game earlier this season when (we lost 28-20), The Pats had a small sliver of daylight to come back and tie that game up. Denver was at 3rd down and looking at punting the ball back to Brady & Co. But Shanahan called for a pass when they Pats were all thinking run....The resulting 1st down was the final nail in the coffin....But it was a great effort by the Pats in that game. So when it came down to the above mentioned pass play, I was hoping that the Pats would be ready for a pass play from Shanahan. And yes we bit the entire donkees ass on that one......I think collectively, every Pats fan at that moment hung thier head.

fleabassist1 said:
what part of delaware are you from? im going to middletown on friday for the weekend to visit my girlfriend.

I'm going to Middletown to visit your girlfriend.:singing:

When Denver jumped offsides on the Pats first or second punt and it moved them up 5 years but they needed 6. Still 4th down. Belichick just started going off on the ref. I said to my wife "wow. you never see Bill lose his cool like that, I think we could be in trouble here"

It just got worse from there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back