Welcome to PatsFans.com

Mom of the Year

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by 3 to be 4, Mar 8, 2007.

1. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

2. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

With a name like hers, no wonder she doesn't have several children! ZZZZZINGGG!
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +433 / 5 / -2

What a disgrace. Abortion on demand, and/or abortion as a contraceptive is exactly what I despise. When does personal accountability come into play? The sad part is, there will be people in here who probably think she should get paid. :rolleyes:

Boston Woman Files 'Wrongful Birth' Lawsuit

(AP) BOSTON A Boston woman who gave birth after a failed abortion has filed a lawsuit against two doctors and Planned Parenthood seeking the costs of raising her child.

The complaint was filed by Jennifer Raper, 45, last week in Suffolk Superior Court and still must be screened by a special panel before it can proceed to trial.

Raper claimed in the three-page medical malpractice suit that she found out she was pregnant in March 2004 and decided to have an abortion for financial reasons.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +538 / 2 / -9

I wonder what the kid will think when he/she grows up and reads about what this pig was going to do to him/her, f-cking whore.
  5. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

As long as abortions are legal, malpractice is malpractice. If you went to have you appendix taken out and they cut you open but didn't remove it, would you sue? I'm not saying an abortion and an appenductomy are morally equivilant, but that doesn't matter: what matters is that her doctor botched a medical procedure.
  6. Real World

Ratings:
    +433 / 5 / -2

Yes, but does the botched abortion mean that they should pay for the childs living expenses? Did they father the child? Did the doctors impregnate the woman? Could the woman have given the child up for adoption if finances were an issue? Obviously, the woman's emotional attachment to the child could be put to question since she was so willing to murder, ahem, destroy it in the first place. Should the doctors only be accountable for any damages to her body as a result of the failed abortion, or are they also responsible to pay for the costs of raising the kid? I have no problem with her suing for injuries to herself. Where I have some issues is suing over the responsibility of the child surviving. Those issues are both moral & legal.
  7. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It should be based on whatever standard they usually use to come up with malpractice awards (which are capped, so she's not going to get child support for life no matter what she sues for). You're right that paying for raising the child doesn't seem right (why don't they just pay the cost of finding adoptive parents in that case?) but otherwise I don't see how this is different from any other malpractice case.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  8. Real World

Ratings:
    +433 / 5 / -2

That's what she's sueing for.

(AP) BOSTON A Boston woman who gave birth after a failed abortion has filed a lawsuit against two doctors and Planned Parenthood seeking the costs of raising her child.

I agree with you Pujo, that if there was damage to her physically from the failed abortion, then fine. Treat like any other surgery gone wrong, where someone lost a toe, or had serious complications of some kind. What I have an issue with is her seeking a check to pay for the kids being alive.
  9. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Medical malpractice awards aren't just to cover disfigurements and physical injuries, they cover mental anguish, punitive damages, etc. She'll sue for everything she can, but the verdict will be capped so even if the jury agrees with her and gives her millions, the judge will have to reduce it to the max allowed by law.
  10. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Yeah, and now shes stuck with her daughter, when all she wanted was that daughter to be chopped out of her. Some people just cant catch a break.
  11. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Your personal feelings about the morality of abortions notwithstanding, she went to someone who claimed to be able to perform a medical procedure, and they did not perform that procedure. She might not be a great person by some peoples' standards, but she's got a reasonable case.
  12. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Yes, but was that the gist of the thread? Was it about a court case? Or about her being a scummy mother?

Even if she won 20 million dollars. That child knows that not only did her mother try to kill her, but even 2 years after she was in this world her mother has a complaint about her having lived.

This is very much about morality. After having her for 2 years a normal, decent human being would have been humbled and thankful, not driven by such darkness of heart.

But maybe once again, I give people too much credit.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +433 / 5 / -2

Exactly. If I were a judge, and she came to me looking for a free ride for her kid, I'd say A-D-O-P-T-I-O-N. :D
  14. Real World

Ratings:
    +433 / 5 / -2

Again though Pujo, a case for what? For her own physical injuries, or a case to get a free ride for her once death rowed kid?
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +433 / 5 / -2

You're calling a spade a spade, which not enough people in this country are capable of doing. You're absolutely right with what you wrote above. Sadly, this piece of trash (oops, I said it :D ) is looking for a quick dime.
  16. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

A case for her injuries, which may or may not be physical.
  17. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +160 / 7 / -13

Just remember Pro Abortion liberials are comapssionate, and Anti Abortion conservatives are savages, the compassionate are really angry the doctor didn't successfully tear the baby apart and that the child had the audiacity to live.

:singing: :rolleyes:
  18. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

There was no baby to tear apart (unless this is a third-trimester abortion, which I didn't see any hint of in the article), there was a small cluster of cells that looked nothing like a baby.
  19. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +160 / 7 / -13

The small cluster of cell was then and now looks like a human being, not a dog not a bird a human being.
  20. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

And at one point that human being was one but a single sperm and a single egg. Do men kill babies every time they masturbate?

Reminds me of the "Every Sperm is Sacred" Monty Python song.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2007